ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
What's Hydro like for durability?

I got some Collinite 845 that I was planning on using to protect my 182 over the winter but I've not had much time recently to use it and it's far too cold now to be spending hours outside giving it a proper
going over. Wouldn't mind giving Hydro a go over the winter so at least it's got some protection on it.

Anyone? Will it last a couple of months until next year if I put it on now?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I felt wetcoat was more diluted than Hydro.

Also you're using it as a drying aid Mike, simply "sheet" the water off the car after application and it will be dry due to the wonders of Hydro!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Wait, this Hydro stuff will pretty much mean that I won't have to use drying towels on my car?

So, wash car, rinse, apply Hydro, rinse off, car is dry?

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Wait, this Hydro stuff will pretty much mean that I won't have to use drying towels on my car?

Only if you use the open hose to push the water off mate.

If not then you will be left with big beads of water.
Even if you just hydro and dry it's alot easier. [emoji106]

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
As silly as some people will assume the above suggestion is... it's not. 2 seconds round the block, dry car. Not advised if you're literally just about to detail it!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Only if you use the open hose to push the water off mate.

If not then you will be left with big beads of water.
Even if you just hydro and dry it's alot easier. [emoji106]
I always use an open hose, to rinse off the soap - it sounds like Hydro might be quite good for me, drying a car can put me off washing it altogether! Anything to make it easier!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm lazy so when I find time Hydro2 will be going over mine and the Gf's cars this winter.
Used it last winter and loved it.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I've refreshed my collection of detailing gear, hopefully I can give my car a good going over tomorrow on my day off!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Will it affect G Techniq G5 that I've already got on the windows? Am I best putting a quick layer of G5 back on the windows after I've put Hydro/Wet Coat on the car?

So many questions haha.

Question for you lads. Cleaned my car 2 weeks back, Cleaned the glass with glass cleaner, buffed it off with a m.cloth as usual. Looked mint.

Didn't use it until the weekend just gone, put the windows down and then when they come back up they are smeary as always.

The same happened before when the car was professionally detailed. The next day I had to then go and clean the windows again after they had had been down and back up...

Hopefully this makes sense and someone knows what I mean.

Does anyone have any suggestions please? There's nothing worse than having a crisp clean car and then the windows look damp and smeary as soon as they go down.

Cheers

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Question for you lads. Cleaned my car 2 weeks back, Cleaned the glass with glass cleaner, buffed it off with a m.cloth as usual. Looked mint.

Didn't use it until the weekend just gone, put the windows down and then when they come back up they are smeary as always.

The same happened before when the car was professionally detailed. The next day I had to then go and clean the windows again after they had had been down and back up...

Hopefully this makes sense and someone knows what I mean.

Does anyone have any suggestions please? There's nothing worse than having a crisp clean car and then the windows look damp and smeary as soon as they go down.

Cheers
Sounds like there's something on the weather strip mate.

Renault 5 GT Turbo
It's just something you need to live with.
You can put the windows down and give the rubber seals a good clean, but as soon as you put the windows down again, any moisture will just give you the streaks again.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172

Mine isn't exactly dry after, and still get beads etc when it rains, but it is much easier than drying, and so easy to apply!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
@Davyy you use 1/4 to 1/3 of the 1 litre bottle of hydr02 lite in one application on a Clio? If so you're massively over applying product therefore wasting it

I've used gyeon wetcoat a lot which is the same type of product. I use it as a top up product to maintain the cars through winter over the top of a normal wax or sealant. Applying to either our A4 estate or golf hatchback I'll typically use 75ml to cover the whole car before pressure rinsing off.

Cheers. Yeah, I thought it was a lot, and worked out about £5! I just watched a youtube video and they seemed to spray every 15cm or so all over the cover. Ill use much less next time hopefully!

Looks good though, lots and lots of beading.