ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Gtechniq style for me. Dries well and little upkeep.

The microfibre one?

a1c228963c91a920592a03d2317106e7.jpg

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Those Gtechniq mitts hold a huge amount of water - impressed with mine. Although I do feel the need to rinse less due to the amount of water absorbed, not sure if that's a good or bad thing!

Renault 5 GT Turbo
I agree with the Incredimitt. They really are good. I bought a bunch of them this year. They last a long time, super soft, rinse out easier than wool and carry a decent amount of water over.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I've still got a Meguiars Lambswool one, had it for about 4 years so probably due an upgrade.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I left my lambswool outside and ive tried salvaging it but its hard and crusty. It also started leaving fibres all over my car...

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I asked VII to do it a while ago, but my car is to big. On rejection they told me they were looking into new premises, so I followed up a couple of weeks ago and last week, but no reply to my pms.

Christ's suggestion may be a goer though.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
I asked VII to do it a while ago, but my car is to big. On rejection they told me they were looking into new premises, so I followed up a couple of weeks ago and last week, but no reply to my pms.

Christ's suggestion may be a goer though.
Car too big?!

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
Yes sorry Jamie, i am working on bigger premises but we've all got to start from the bottom.

I initially set up to accommodate the demand for the v6 details, as well as Renaultsport models in general. I welcome other marques but the biggest I get manage in my garage is an Audi A4

Last edited:
  RB Clio 182
Yes sorry Jamie, i am working on bigger premises but we've all got to start from the bottom.

I initially set up to accommodate the demand for the v6 details, as well as Renaultsport models in general. I welcome other marques but the biggest I get manage in my garage is an Audi A4
Cant you do them outdoors when the better weather arrives?

RB Clio 182
Theres probably more dust in a garage with less fresh air etc, leave a clean car in a garage over night, then leave a clean car on the drive over night.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone foresee any issues putting Hydro2 over 50 Cal Cover Up?

If the weather allows going to try and get this combo put on my car this week to get it looking reasonable for the winter.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I quite like the look of this Hydro2 stuff, but need a quick bit of advice please.

My plan was going to be wash / ironX / detar, then I wanted to hand polish / wax, but at what point does Hydro2 come in to play?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
At the end, I'd probably skip the wax and just use Hydro2.... its essentially a sealant so I replace my waxing with sealants for winter.

Reactions: Pep

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
OK cool, so:

Rinse
Snowfoam
Rinse
IronX
Rinse
Wash
Polish
Rinse
Hydo2

?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I'd recommend Wash before Iron X, Do you have and Tar remover? If you do give that a whirl before polishing aswell to get the cleanest base you can.

Does the paintwork need polishing or do you just want to do it? In this weather if it's not needed I'd skip it as drying a car in cold conditions is just a ball ache.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
OK cool will do it that way round.
I'm quite lucky to be able to use my work for cleaning cars soon, so a heated building.

Could do with a quick polish, can't be bothered with a full detail on it but want to get a bit of shine back.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member

No problem with that, I just wanted you to reply to my pms / questions.

I was really hoping you could do it, as your work looks so good. I have a double garage, if it fits in mine, as I live relatively close by, would you do it in mine?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I forgot how much I love Hydro2.

My old man thought I was nuts going over my car with my DA and Cover Up to then get the pressure washer out and soaking it again [emoji23]

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm gonna use some hydro2 for winter protection on the daily I think. Is the Lite stuff enough for this or would I be better going for the undiluted stuff to get it a bit stronger?