ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's an awesome wax, we used it beside Vintage etc before on a boutique test. It's like oil! Not paying that price though!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Crazy Foxx's Crazy Christmas Chop!
From 11/12/2012,we will CHOP the price of this product every hour until it sells! Will you buy it straight away, or wait and see how low the price can really go? Will someone else get there first? TACTICS!
Follow us on Facebook for Crazy Christmas Chops on other products!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
The price will be cut all day until someone buys it. It's a waiting game :)

Has the hide sample arrived btw?

Not yet mate, guy is picking up the polisher parcel today, posted 1st class dude. Should be there Wed/Thurs at the latest. :)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I nearly bought it but then realised what I was doing. £150 on a wax when I have loads of other? Nah.

Gally, Hide sample was posted on Friday.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols! I know, we're mental hobbyists!

Nice wax though. £400 worth. Thanks mate, I replied earlier in the thread. :)

I got about 95% correction about a year or so ago and my paint is still in very good condition, how much cut will I get from tripple/rejuvenate or blackmax on a CG blue hex pad?

Is this something I can use over and over again and not worry too much about or should I be cautious with the amount of cut this pad and polish combo will be giving me?

I just want to maintain my finish and keep it looking glossy without removing more clearcoat.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
There stuff always impresses and more than stands the test of time against new fangled s**t.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It's getting silly! I'm getting a paint depth guage for christmas so that should be it for a while, it won't be though lol

Not a 320d
Id say ive learned to control my self indulgence when it comes to detailing gear, but actually when I think about it theres very little I dont have. I even have an Air Force Blaster!

Could anyone recommend the best products for keeping the cars interior upholstery clean and is easy to use, It's for the Clio Cup and the works van, that would be carpets, cloth seats, and plastic trim, glass etc.
It needs to be easy to use and idealy not something that's wet when applied and has to be left to dry for a long period , as you can tell I don't detail but just looking for some good products and tips.

Regards Russ.......

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I usually use autobrite FAB - lightly mist onto the seat and then use a microfibre to almost pick the dirt out by patting the seat.

I have been thinking of getting a rotary EP801 after reading this review
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?657283-The-EP801-is-finally-here
However after looking at more reviews and advice on CS and DW, I wonder if a DA would be better. I am no expert and have been trying to improve our cars (3 old Clios & 1 old Citroen) with mixed results for the last few Months, see
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?663336-Black-not-black-enough!
So should I go for the rotary EP801 or if not what DA for the same sort of money is recommended?

107 Track Car & C4
Hope this is in the correct thread, I'm going to be taking the 'Renault' & 'Sport' badge off the back of my 182 (Titanium) and I know it is going to leave behind a lot of brown outline staining - what product would people recommend for removing this?