ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

172 cup
I have been thinking of getting a rotary EP801 after reading this review
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?657283-The-EP801-is-finally-here
However after looking at more reviews and advice on CS and DW, I wonder if a DA would be better. I am no expert and have been trying to improve our cars (3 old Clios & 1 old Citroen) with mixed results for the last few Months, see
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?663336-Black-not-black-enough!
So should I go for the rotary EP801 or if not what DA for the same sort of money is recommended?

Most people would recommend a DA if your and new starter, thats certainly the route I've gone down. The kestral DAS 6 seems to get good reviews and is around that budget, however for a little bit more you can get the more powerful Pro version

Most people would recommend a DA if your and new starter, thats certainly the route I've gone down. The kestral DAS 6 seems to get good reviews and is around that budget, however for a little bit more you can get the more powerful Pro version

Thanks Peanuthead, with that information, I have done a quick search and think I will get the DAS 6, sounds just what i want.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The carpro one is awesome if you look after it. I wouldn't use it throughout Winter. :eek:

ITB BG 182
I have a megs one with long hairs and another megs with short hairs/pile and I think my other one is a eurow but its been abused a little bit.

So with me getting alot of new kit just recently I want some thing thats going to be rank 1.

I just didnt know if it was all tosh.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I use the gtechniq Arizona mitt, just like the carpro one, but a slightly shorter pile, it's good!

But I'm still a megs lambswool fanboy

I have just purchased a few things, which I plan to use when the weather becomes a little better:

Poorboys Black Hole Glaze, EX-Sealant and Natty's paste wax (blue)

To stop all my hard work from literally washing away onto the ground come wash time some Dodo Juice Basics to Bling wax safe wash.

I do like my cars to look as clean as possible but usually never strayed too far from AG products so advice/feedback would be great, if products mentioned above are good/ any experiences with them and order to layer them.

Last edited:
Think I'm going to get some bilberry wheel cleaner as it seems to be well recommended and non acidic. Does anyone know if it will effect painted calipers or will they be ok?

Mental 172 Cup
Just ordered a DAS6-Pro, should hopefully be here this week..

Question: Are the backing plates that come with the machine any good??

Golf GT & A4 Avant
As good as DA backing plates get really. Only really rotary plates that you can get a decent improvement from. Comes with 5 and 6", but you'll need a 75mm / 3" plate for spot pads

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I really like wolfs nano QD. Dilute 1:1 and you'll only see minimal effects from the 'nano' inside however the gloss it gives is amazing

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I really like wolfs nano QD. Dilute 1:1 and you'll only see minimal effects from the 'nano' inside however the gloss it gives is amazing

Do you have a link for this? How much is it? I only want to spend around £10 on QD as its just a spruce up.When you say 1:1, is that 1 cap full to a spray bottle?

I'm thinking of getting the Poorboys QD, but unsure, only just started looking into poorboys stuff

Clio 197
Just got myself a DAS-6 for Christmas , need some guidance on suitable pads to buy . I already have some megs compound and finishing polish - any advice on pads to buy for the 182's paint?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Do you have a link for this? How much is it? I only want to spend around £10 on QD as its just a spruce up.When you say 1:1, is that 1 cap full to a spray bottle?

I'm thinking of getting the Poorboys QD, but unsure, only just started looking into poorboys stuff

1:1 means 1 part equal to another part. Ie 250ml of quick detailer to 250ml of water.

Easy to use water based QD sprays have a look at the offerings from dodo juice, britemax and autofinesse. Zaino z6 is nice but some struggle with application as its a little thicker / oiled almost.

Montana, look at either 3m or chemical guys hexlogic pads for DA, start with finishing and light polishing pads before stepping up to full cut

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182, Astra Sri
Plus your getting 1ltr, so twice as much product as most qd's are sold.

Ends up at £7.50 per 500ml

Use it beat and get the benefits :)

The 3M ones are very good, but a quick search hasn't thrown up a spot pad backing plate for some reason... basically, any one with a foam centre as this allows constant pressure/keeps the pad flat at different angles.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Autosmart and Dodojuice do the best rotary spot backing plate now. 3M still haven't brought one out. Mental.

Mental 172 Cup
Is there a decent Odour eliminator to buy for the interior? Will probably use new car scent air fresheners or similar but want to keep it smelling fresh inside when I clean the inside..

Thanks

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
This.

And when they start to die off after 3 or 4 months, pour some warm water on the blocks from the kettle, drain the excess and they smell like new again!

I need to try this but I keep buying the gel type ones rather than the blocks.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I'm guessing this is dogshit but I have loads of these peoples products, compounds, wax, ptfe sealant etc any used it before?

6745E95B-72DD-4297-8842-3C6429269E0C-1592-0000014C64A2875E.jpg

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
I've just got bottle of g5. For the prep will I be ok to clay and polish the screen and then apply it?

I don't have any ipa would it be ok as above?

Am I right that g5 is I single coat to apply. Apply leave for 5-10 mins and buff off?