ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Your reply didnt come through but I gather you said it looks bang on. 😂.

Thanks mate. I should probably thank all of you that helped and answered my dumb questions. Satisfying work this!

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good @Sidnancy, it doesn't have to be perfect the first time, bulk of the work has been done now so next time you've got time to focus on 'problem areas'. Took me a couple of sessions over a year and a half to get my previous car where I wanted it!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
No! Got it used a few weeks ago. The spec is all that I wanted besides adaptive suspension but tbh I dont miss it. Pro nav, HK, auto and that was mostly it. I wont waffle on too much here as this is meant to be a detailing chat 😂

Sounds good enough mate. I got lucky with mine I think, pretty much everything ticked and then the original buyer spent 3k on M parts from the dealer 😂

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Sounds good enough mate. I got lucky with mine I think, pretty much everything ticked and then the original buyer spent 3k on M parts from the dealer 😂
(Very quickly as now gally has given up the ghost) I noticed yours when you first made a post about buying it and noticed all the M parts. Someone really threw their wallet at bmw 😂. Very jelly. Looks epic.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
No! Got it used a few weeks ago. The spec is all that I wanted besides adaptive suspension but tbh I dont miss it. Pro nav, HK, auto and that was mostly it. I wont waffle on too much here as this is meant to be a detailing chat 😂

I've got adaptive suspension and to be honest I think I wouldn't get it again. It's great fun to be able to switch but the 750 odd pounds would've been better spent on a good set of bilsteins.

And I find all colours on m140i's extremely boring tbh, only interesting colour is midnight blue and for some reason that's not available for the top model!

Keep it half on topic then with a beading picture?
20190521_210829.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Decided to clean one of the courtesy cars I use, I miss cleaning proper cars! Z8 however is so facking slick. Brought home Z5 also but didn't want to waste it on this POS.

Bare in mind this car is hardly perfect although because I've used it on and off for a year I put nanolex on it last year so it's probably helped the lacquer.

Gloss is lovely.

20200410_155639-01.jpeg

Attachments

• 20200410_160307-01.jpeg
    20200410_160307-01.jpeg
    298.8 KB · Views: 45
  • 20200410_160207-01.jpeg
    20200410_160207-01.jpeg
    335.8 KB · Views: 76
  • 20200410_155804-01.jpeg
    20200410_155804-01.jpeg
    455 KB · Views: 40
  • 20200410_155715-01.jpeg
    20200410_155715-01.jpeg
    324.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 20200410_155639-01.jpeg
    20200410_155639-01.jpeg
    381.8 KB · Views: 41

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Decided to clean one of the courtesy cars I use, I miss cleaning proper cars! Z8 however is so facking slick. Brought home Z5 also but didn't want to waste it on this POS.

Bare in mind this car is hardly perfect although because I've used it on and off for a year I put nanolex on it last year so it's probably helped the lacquer.

Gloss is lovely.

View attachment 1465005

❤️ Grande Finale

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've got adaptive suspension and to be honest I think I wouldn't get it again. It's great fun to be able to switch but the 750 odd pounds would've been better spent on a good set of bilsteins.

And I find all colours on m140i's extremely boring tbh, only interesting colour is midnight blue and for some reason that's not available for the top model!

Keep it half on topic then with a beading picture?
View attachment 1464862

A few weeks ago, just a coat of polish and bouncers.

5F96F27D-7448-4240-8A95-2139D324264E.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3513.MOV
    73.1 MB

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Even Z6 if you just want a QD. Pure nostalgia.

Will post some pics of the infinity wax finishes soon also.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
What's everyones view on that half way house where your car doesnt require a full wash but could do with a quick spritz? What do you do? Snow foam, blast off then dry? With more time on our hands, it's nice to keep the car looking top but dont need to go whole hog on it.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
If I end up with time on my hands, in work. I tend to get carried away.

Rare I just wash n go. But if I did it would be just that.

pH shampoo.
Wash
Dry
Qd

Done
I probably should have said, my biggest paranoia when it comes to these 'interim' washes is swirls. I've got some megs waterless wash which I'm not going near any more unless urgent. So I'd probably just go thr extra step of foaming and then as you've said above. Cheers!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Wet and Dry Vacs.

George is a little pricey so anyone able to recommend any others that would do a decent job of the car and also be useful around the house?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Wet and Dry Vacs.

George is a little pricey so anyone able to recommend any others that would do a decent job of the car and also be useful around the house?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm looking at getting a new pressure washer, the one i have at the minute is the Karcher K3.99. Been looking at another Karcher the K2, K3 Full Control or the K5. What pressure washers you lot using at the minute?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
What's everyones view on that half way house where your car doesnt require a full wash but could do with a quick spritz? What do you do? Snow foam, blast off then dry? With more time on our hands, it's nice to keep the car looking top but dont need to go whole hog on it.
when my car doesnt require a full wash, i just still rinse it off with the pressure washer, then snow foam rinse that off and then use the shampoo in the snow foam bottle then rinse off. I don't touch the car by hand at all. that does me