ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
This weekends cleaning jobs as there's nowt else to do. Cleaned, polished and sealed our GLC firstly;

50812550123_755d1b0a47_c.jpg

50813295976_133a3bd9ba_c.jpg

50813295981_3c6cbc9131_c.jpg

Then my mates new to him 235i -

50824277737_89fddd291e_c.jpg

50824277752_1ba10a09db_c.jpg

Just using PB black hole and their Ex-P sealant.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
What pump sprayers do people use?. Is there a difference between the cheaper and more expensive ones?.

I use a cheap 5L Ansio garden sprayer off Amazon for my prewash tfr, seems decent for the money and it's a UK company so spares are easy to get. They even include a spare set of seals in the box.

Other than that I have a Wurth brake cleaner 1L sprayer for various things, that'll take any chemical you can throw at it.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Cheers. I have a cheapo (screw fix or similar) 2 litre sprayer but the brass adjuster is a bit crap and doesn't hold pressure that well.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I just use an Autosmart spray bottle. Not sure what a pump sprayer adds to the process?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
This?. I've used the light version and found it superb, even on black. Assume the black will be like the others, amigo, black hole, 50 cal etc.

Screenshot_20210111_215824_com.ebay.mobile.jpg

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
This?. I've used the light version and found it superb, even on black. Assume the black will be like the others, amigo, black hole, 50 cal etc.

View attachment 1515148

Exactly that. I came across Infinity Wax not long ago and now I've got quite the variation in their products, well chuffed!

I found this better than black hole but I was using a DA, black hole is brilliant even by hand.

tempImageemKBF0.png

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Was tempted by it a while ago but never bought any. I've got loads of stuff in work and at home. Think I have a wax planet one too, which smells nice lol.

May look into the infinity stuff one day.

Is it your full time job?

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Was tempted by it a while ago but never bought any. I've got loads of stuff in work and at home. Think I have a wax planet one too, which smells nice lol.

May look into the infinity stuff one day.

Is it your full time job?

I've just bought a first edition of their new graphene wax so looking forward to trying it out! Will report back :ROFLMAO:

There's that many brands out there it's a nightmare to keep track

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Is that the QDX ceramic detailer? I got that for Christmas (together with 5 liters of Rapid Detailer:love:) but find the application process a bit strange, it goes on really wet and then you should let it cure but not dry let it fully dry?

Worked well though, nice fat beading, not sure how it is to apply in warmer weather if it dries up too quickly though.

20201209_132208.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Didn't the guy from forensic detailing mention that one as well? Need to use up a bottle of something else first!

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Is that the QDX ceramic detailer? I got that for Christmas (together with 5 liters of Rapid Detailer:love:) but find the application process a bit strange, it goes on really wet and then you should let it cure but not dry let it fully dry?

Worked well though, nice fat beading, not sure how it is to apply in warmer weather if it dries up too quickly though.

View attachment 1515151

I think it’s ace to deal with and gives great results like yours! I don’t think you’ll have any issues in the summer just have to be more aware

Reactions: MLB

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Looked at that last night I think.

Had my 120 nilfisk (same thing different name) for years still going strong just bought a replacement hose that's all I have spent on it in 6 years.

All the accessories are great too if you wont use them stick them on ebay get some cash back😉

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Wondered if one of you chaps can help me?! I have a Titan pressure washer (screw fix) and it’s been great for the last couple of years. However I want a snow foam set up for it and I can’t find anything to tell me what fitting I need!

So the pics below are of the Lance ‘end’ that attaches to the trigger piece (sorry I’m not down with the terminology.

Can some one point me in the direction of what fitting I actually have or if I need to measure in a different way?

TIA
58FADC45-3770-421E-9FF1-F0F3EC5F973C.jpeg
CF2ADB5C-F8F1-4E4B-A060-CE5D9DAAC119.jpeg
830E61E6-182E-4191-819A-CA6A6C4EFAB1.jpeg
ABF6F7DA-F301-4827-81A5-7B39DEE1881E.jpeg
C5F83B76-9A8B-498C-B397-903C903002DD.jpeg
2ACC41AE-6438-4D79-80BB-0A7B948D4502.jpeg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Funny enough I was looking at a lance for my cheapo rac (bosch). Have a look on ez car care website as they have a list of them. Actually looks similar to the one I'm after.