ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I think it’s ace to deal with and gives great results like yours! I don’t think you’ll have any issues in the summer just have to be more aware
Still have to do the whole car, this was just a test on the bonnet but it looks promising, maybe a bit gimmicky being in between a wax and spray in protection but so far so good, still beading well even after five weeks of not washing the car!

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Still have to do the whole car, this was just a test on the bonnet but it looks promising, maybe a bit gimmicky being in between a wax and spray in protection but so far so good, still beading well even after five weeks of not washing the car!

The beading is exceptional from it and once you get used to letting it cure slightly it's a dream. I used the Synergy QD today for the first time (12.5% si02 as apposed to QDX being 1.5% si02) and I'm impressed, but that's not as easy to use as QDX in my opinion. Definitely brings the gloss out though :love: Granted my car is ceramic coated, it should make a nice addition to the protection every other wash!

tempImageQ5P2Ua.png

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
That looks lovely! Nice wide garage as well, good stuff!
Wondered if one of you chaps can help me?! I have a Titan pressure washer (screw fix) and it’s been great for the last couple of years. However I want a snow foam set up for it and I can’t find anything to tell me what fitting I need!

So the pics below are of the Lance ‘end’ that attaches to the trigger piece (sorry I’m not down with the terminology.

Can some one point me in the direction of what fitting I actually have or if I need to measure in a different way?

TIA

Looks a bit like a Bosch connector to me with the wide base and the sticky out bits aligned with the gun.

I can take a picture of my Nilfisk one tomorrow if you want but I'm 95% sure the sticky out bits are roundish.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
It does, I think it’s the bosh/rac one too! Albeit someone on detailing world suggested it was a 1/4 fitting. But this is the Lance ‘tip’ which makes me think I’m trying to fit the snow foam fitting in the wrong bloody place 🤷🏻‍♂️ I have never owned one. So frankly have no idea what I’m doing. Does it matter where I connect the snow foam bottle to the Lance? I must say attaching it to the end of the Lance would be easier but I can’t think it’s right

this is the setup I have Lance wise
82999CE4-30D6-43C8-9C8B-4392A9407E05.jpeg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Would the bottle not connect to the brass screw one?

I'm buying a new machine for a number of reasons, this being one lol.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
My Nilfisk has got a three piece gun and my snow foam lance connects to the handle, push in and lock with a quarter turn.

82999CE4-30D6-43C8-9C8B-4392A9407E05.jpeg

Not sure in the picture but the brass fitting looks like a quick release? Might be an option as well but then you'd have an almighty long lance for your snowfoam gun.

Reactions: riz
  Clio 2.0 138hp
On the topic of pressure washers...
Would anyone be interested in buying my karcher k4 premium full control
Its got the hose reel on the back and ive upgraded from the standard hose to a 10m hose.
It also comes with an official karcher extension (10m i think), the original hose it came with and the lance too.

Its not really been used much. Only looking at selling it because i'm space limited and want a new kranzle instead
Its actually a decent machine to be fair to it for the price it is, plus there are plenty of accessories that fit out the box.
Looking for around 170 ish without postage.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
On the topic of pressure washers...
Would anyone be interested in buying my karcher k4 premium full control
Its got the hose reel on the back and ive upgraded from the standard hose to a 10m hose.
It also comes with an official karcher extension (10m i think), the original hose it came with and the lance too.

Its not really been used much. Only looking at selling it because i'm space limited and want a new kranzle instead
Its actually a decent machine to be fair to it for the price it is, plus there are plenty of accessories that fit out the box.
Looking for around 170 ish without postage.

How much are they new

Are these pump foamers all crap bar the ik9
Matt at DW did a video on the Marolex ones,

If you have a pw set-up with foam lance i cant see why you'd spend £35 on one though.

Has anyone bought drying towels / microfibres off of Alibaba? The link for the detailingbrush got me looking...a 1400gsm 50x80 is ~£11-14 posted off ebay for 1, or £4.44 each (moq of 5 - which isnt execessive)
They look generic anyway, vs paying for a name.

Any recommendations of which towel to use? I know it probably comes down to own preference but been using a Kent one for ages but after i washed it, seems to have gone a bit rubbish. (Used non-bio persil liquid?)

Bit of a ball ache but sure we could do group buys 🤣 or i should stop being tight and buy off say in2detailing

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I got mine from in2detailing, just so it had a guarantee.

I think they are all the same so the cheapest one on eBay which looks like the other ones.