ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Anyone like car chem products?. They are doing their mystery box buy.

6x500ml bottles at 9.99

Starts in 24 hours.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Do I need this?🤣🤣

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Right, hear me out with this.

Just tried improving some headlights I've just put on the Clio. They were in bad shape before hand and they've improved but still lacking clarity and I'm not sure why. Wet and dryed using 1200 then 1500 then 2000. Then polished with a DA8, Green hex logic pad and Scholl S20 black. After a few hits, I went to an orange hex logic pad then back to green.

As I say, big improvement but lacking clarity. Especially compared to when I did my grey ones at @Louis using Menzerna.

Do I need to wet and dry more? Or maybe get some Menzerna 2500 or higher? Thoughts on a postcard.

Can see the outer bit which is Hazy but the inner bit which looks pretty good actually.

IMG_20210130_154411.jpg

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
In cleaning news, just ordered some AMDetails new hybrid range sealant and detailer. The sealant is described as “technically a ceramic coating but we don’t want to say it is as it’s cheating a bit”. This means I’ll have to give the Clio a good clean when it arrives and that will only highlight the need for a respray.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve seen cars stored in hedges and ditches in better condition than that! It why are the wheels clean?
Must be used because the windows are clean as well and there's air in the tyres. I'd love to work on that for a couple of days!

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Bet it smells like a tramp’s nutsack inside though. 🤢

Would be awesome if it was squeaky clean inside, m3 seats, sports steering wheel etc just keeping the exterior filthy to not attract any attention!

You could park this anywhere without risking it getting stolen.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I'd work up to 3000 grit before going to compounding.

Reckon that's the issue? I've ordered some more wet and dry as I only had the aforementioned grades to hand yesterday.

May pick up some Menzerna 2500 and 3500 as well to give them a bash, as from doing my grey ones, I know they react great to those products.

Anyone use Gtechniq W6 on wheels? A mate of mine reckons it's pretty good, I've only ever used C4 Trim restorer by them and that is very good so I wondered.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Looks great!

How was it to use, buff off etc? Did you use it outdoors?

It spreads amazing, almost like butter. A little definitely goes a long way! The way it buffs off is ridiculously easy. The gloss and slickness afterwards is great, and it beads up amazingly. Will post a pic tomorrow morning!

No mate was waxed inside the unit

tempImagewLi73Y.png

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
That shine! :love:

Sounds interesting, I definitely don't need more wax but might get one of the 50ml pots to try it.

Does it have a specific cure time that would make it more difficult to apply outside? I'd love to be able to work indoors like that..