ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Nice big drying towel, uber yellow from i4d

Tar removers, iron removers, makes claying much quicker and easier. therefore not wiping all the contaminants around the panel. cleansers like werkstatt prime can be used prior to machining.

getting the kit in one go will be expensive, I'd suggest getting the decon stuff, then a pre wax cleanser / glaze and either a wax or sealant to get you started. then look into a polisher later as you can use your pre wax cleanser / glaze with it as these will perform better by DA. this will give a good finish although not fully remove swirls. then look into full correction.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Ah yes I forgot about that. I like it, I may not have put it on thin enough as after 20minutes of curing it took a little bit of effort to buff off. I left the boot lid to cure a little less and it was no easier to buff off. Nice shine, nice smell, nice beading will wait and see for durability as its only been a couple of weeks.

It felt like dodo juice to apply, a little bit spread very far. If I was buying again I wouldn't head straight for satsuma, I'd try something else as it just didn't stand out to me. It was a nice and glossy finish but not greatly deep but then again I didn't layer it.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
application is very nice, so oily a quarter turn was enough to do 90% of my bonnet. applied panel at a time and removed, came off very easy. cures almost instantly outside but doesnt really haze over, very translucent, but doesnt cure hard so a swipe test showed it was ready to come off. gave the blue focus nice deep glow, wasnt amazing on flake pop but no worse than vics concours. IMO vics has a good competitor provided it gives the claimed durability. water behaviour so far proving to be very good

it was so easy to use I had my wife coat a few panels

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Used gliptone leather cleaner yesterday. Wasnt majorly impressed, tried it neat as per instructions and then made some in a spray bottle.

Gonna try dr leather next!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I like that they don't flex like the Ezi brush, which I was always worried about breaking, until it did.

The lack of bristles can be a bad thing on the insides of wheels though.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I don't not like wheel woolies but unless it's for taking tar off inner wheels bit expensive.

I prefer my EZ brush especially at the WW prices. I know dawn loves hers and they are very useful but I could probably fashion something if I was desperate.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I've no idea how people break them. Mines is well looked after, dried and put back in plastic, but it's cleaned hundreds of wheels!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've had my large EZ brush for a couple of years now, admittedly the cheaper version I had before it couldn't last a winter but the EZ is very good IMO. The price of the wheel woolies isn't that bad when you consider you're getting 3 brushes, but I haven't felt a real need to upgrade that I couldnt use an alternative for at the moment.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I like to use them on different colours most of time. Dependent on paint condition also.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Dave, I'll give white a try first then.

I bought a lighting rig today, and did all the prep work ready for correcting tomorrow. I actually can't wait!

4e3aqy3y.jpg

burabypa.jpg

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lovely mate. Such a rare beautiful colour. Renault deserve a lot of praise for their paint options over the years.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed mate. Obviously we work with thousands of colours through work but even just look at a Silver like Titanium, they made it amazing and interesting.

Deserve credit.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I have to agree, each colour is pretty unique really. I'd be happy to own most of the colours.

It's way to big Jon lol :) I'm doing a freinds Meg 225 next weekend actually.

It was my first time using Tripple today, and certainly not the last. It was an absolute doddle to use. Really nice product. Then I applied 2 layers of Glasur:eek:

8441075959_31d24d70f4_z.jpg

IMG_4785 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Excellent mate. Cones alive via DA. Like Amigo and similar.

Indeed mate. Obviously we work with thousands of colours through work but even just look at a Silver like Titanium, they made it amazing and interesting.

Deserve credit.

Biased, but Audi?

Suzuka and dolphin grey, sprint blue, Milano red, imola yellow, the orange, of which the name escapes me... Few others like the deep red that Jim White had on his 8l s3...

No worries, Joe. I'm going to try get hold of a DA and some top ups and get this paintwork better. Probably will be at the end of the month, got plenty of things to buy before the Chester meet.

182 Cup
So going to have a go at sorting my headlights out at some point soon. Bought some meguairs Plastx as it was only a £5 at a motor factors near us. Just need to get some paper sorted, and a day spare for the headlights. Tempted to just take them out so I can sit down so my gammy knee doesn't kill me. Anyone got any tips?

Need to give the whole car a proper clean too. The whole lot. Just need a trim restorer and a wheel brush I think now, and might try some of that hydrO2 that looks to be great :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Have you read the headlight restoration sticky at the top of the page mate?

182 Cup
I'd completley missed that cheers gally. While i have your attention, is the CarPro PERL any good? Could do with a trim restorer, and sounds like it could be used for the engine bay, and tyres too?

Reading it, sound like my plan was along the right lines. Going to start with 2k grit, then 2.5k then 3k. ScratchX from then on!