ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
s**t just got real

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360596677.353268.jpg

182 Cup
So the 2.0 16v bullets, are they actually metal, or is it just shiny plastic? Asking as they need some attention, and I'll either use some scratchx or metal polish, depending on material.

Also, going to be a while till I can get any swirls properly sorted out, currently use SRP before a sealant, is there anything I can use by hand that will hide swirls better/sort them out a bit? :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's been around for years mate. The likes of Sonus Carnauba spritz is a better alternative and looks immense.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Very good for that price mate. It used to very well used years ago! Also great as a clay lube!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't use a spray wax a such. For heavy carnauba waxes Field Glaze is the best but it's also the hardest work.

Vics Detail spray is one of the best I have used, Sonus Carnauba also leaves a stunning finish and so easy to use. Z6 for anything else really.

Honda & VW
I nearly bought some Field Glaze with the last order I placed but never ended up getting it, ended up buying too many other bits that I "needed". Might give it a whirl next time I am buying more bits

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's not cheap and it needs practice to perfect as it's "thick" so to speak hence the heavy carnauba and the look it gives. On very warm panels it won't work great but then again neither would a wax.

Clay Lube Citrus Bling mate. It can be used for so many thing. Not as cheap as Demon Shine obviously but much slicker and cheaper than "Clay lubes".

M2 Comp
Going to give my Titanium 182 a mini detail (if you can call it that!) tomorrow, first time since I got it. Quick question though, LSP - Z2 or Carbon?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Z2. 2 or 3 layers mate. Nice and thin.

Watch the Z2 application video on YT if you haven't already.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Pretty much mate. Choose either or really. I prefer tripple more because it cleans.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Perfect. It comes alive by DA. It'll surprise you how much better it is.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Allo, been searching here and dw but as always, I consult Cs before making a decision...

bought some TARdis and iron x tonight, just a quickie about use;

do I wash, detar, wash, iron x, wash, clay then polish/wax/seal?

and can ironx be used neat on paint or does it need diluting?

cheers

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It doesn't need diluting mate.

So what I suggest is after the initial mincing around washing etc de-tar x2 dependent on condition, pressure wash, de-iron. Wash/snowfoam then clay. Clays can be fussy and fall apart with things like Tardis etc on the surface.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Allo, been searching here and dw but as always, I consult Cs before making a decision...

bought some TARdis and iron x tonight, just a quickie about use;

do I wash, detar, wash, iron x, wash, clay then polish/wax/seal?

and can ironx be used neat on paint or does it need diluting?

cheers

I usually wash, iron x, rinse, de tar, wipe over with mf pad, rinse, clay, wash polish rinse, dry, seal

Iron x comes ready diluted to use straight away.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
It doesn't need diluting mate.

So what I suggest is after the initial mincing around washing etc de-tar x2 dependent on condition, pressure wash, de-iron. Wash/snowfoam then clay. Clays can be fussy and fall apart with things like Tardis etc on the surface.

Cheers :)

you should see the amount of tar on my car, it's covered lol

I usually wash, iron x, rinse, de tar, wipe over with mf pad, rinse, clay, wash polish rinse, dry, seal

Iron x comes ready diluted to use straight away.

brilliant, thank you... I'll remember to get a face mask for iron x :eek:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Or not de-tarring properly.

It's usually followed by... "it's getting polished anyway"... well done on missing the point.