ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Remember thinking I was a pro valeter (before detailing was even a term lol) using SRP and the cars looked unbelievable! Bit of rain or a wash and they'd look crap again

Haha. Same, I’d be out every weekend cleaning the crap out of my car, it’d look mint until I drove it or the sun came out and showed the swirls. SRP was “the” polish to have if you took car care seriously! Lol.

If I get even a slight whiff of SRP, it takes me right back to 2000-2006, most car shows just smelt of it :LOL:

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Used Gyeon Cancoat. 9am this morning.
Feels pretty slick and easy to use.
It better bloody last, took me ages to decon this car.
CC Platinum wheels on the alloys as it's bulletproof.

Attachments

• 20220129_142800.jpg
    20220129_142800.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
If you want an effective pre wash I highly recommend hdd road rage. It's the best one I've used.
Just watched a youtube video on this (on a Qashqai) whats it like on wax? I guess no worse than a caustic snowfoam?
I need to change from Autosmart Ultra Mouse which is caustic - but at the dilution into 1L i guess it doesnt do much harm?

Did you ever dry any of the Menzerna polishes @imprezaworks ? Got some and the sealant but no intentions of selling 🤣🤦‍♂️

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
At the dillution I used 200ml in a 2 litre sprayer it didn't seem to affect it too much. But tbh for the speed of a spray sealant it's just as easy to go round the car after.

The 2500 is what I use mainly in work and I rate that and buy again.

👍

Im yet to play with my Das6 yet 🤣 but ive a silver car currently so no real chance to play...ive had a play on a black door and been impressed so far!

Wonder if i ran round with g101 at say 10:1 (water:g101) whether it would have a similar result as HDD Road Rage?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Got some of that House of Shine Acid Wheel cleaner as the front wheels on my 3 series were terrible and KKD Brake Away wasn't touching them. Jesus Christ, people weren't lying about having to wear protection when using it. First few sprays smacked me right in the face and I nearly choked to death 😂 . A lovely smog then emitted from the wheel, a little agitation from a few little brushes, thoroughly rinsed down and they're like new. Literally every bit of baked on crap came off with ease, mega impressed!

BMW 320d SE
Got some of that House of Shine Acid Wheel cleaner as the front wheels on my 3 series were terrible and KKD Brake Away wasn't touching them. Jesus Christ, people weren't lying about having to wear protection when using it. First few sprays smacked me right in the face and I nearly choked to death [emoji23] . A lovely smog then emitted from the wheel, a little agitation from a few little brushes, thoroughly rinsed down and they're like new. Literally every bit of baked on crap came off with ease, mega impressed!

It’s lethal stuff isn’t it? I was amazed at the results!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Depending on the weather you can see steam when you open the lid lol. It's very good stuff though. Don't get in a cut though.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I need a new snow foam thingy for my jetwash. But, I don't think any are going to fit, or I need a new hose/gun/line. The unit is a Halfords P20

You can see the snowfoam connector is tiny and it just pushes into the end of the lance

1643732394076.png

They do sell this one, but I can't figure out how it would fit

1643732566590.png

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Cheers bud, I've dropped them an email. With the connector, it looks the same price as the hellfrauds one. I need to go in the garage and actually look at mine I guess

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
£28.99 with 500ml of foam, which is what I will probably go for. Just realised my lance splits half way with a quickfit type adaptor, lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Think there may be a discount code too. Mmm...

When you speak to them mention you are a member on detailing world and what was the code. 99% sure they had an offer on recently.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Think there may be a discount code too. Mmm...

When you speak to them mention you are a member on detailing world and what was the code. 99% sure they had an offer on recently.

Cheers bud. I will have a look now. I've still not ordered any shampoo and looking through their website, it all looks reasonably priced too, so I can see a big order going in lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Bought some Autoglym Autogloss Rinse last week as I was out of Aquawax.

I have to say, it’s probably the best drying aid I’ve ever used. Washing and drying a dark coloured 4x4 usually takes ages but this made it an absolute breeze. I’ll definitely not switch back to Autosmart Aquawax.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers bud. I will have a look now. I've still not ordered any shampoo and looking through their website, it all looks reasonably priced too, so I can see a big order going in lol

They do 3for2 and free delivery on anything. Their tyre cleaner is supposed to be very good.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Bought some Autoglym Autogloss Rinse last week as I was out of Aquawax.

I have to say, it’s probably the best drying aid I’ve ever used. Washing and drying a dark coloured 4x4 usually takes ages but this made it an absolute breeze. I’ll definitely not switch back to Autosmart Aquawax.

Looks like their version of the spray on and rinse off coatings?

Aquawax was a fairly old school thing, I've still got some lying around somewhere.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Looks like their version of the spray on and rinse off coatings?

Aquawax was a fairly old school thing, I've still got some lying around somewhere.
I’m not interested in coatings and other gumf.

I just want a product that helps me to clean cars quickly and doesn’t leave streaks or smears and allows me to dry a big car with minimal effort. And this stuff rocked it honestly.