ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6

I asked them and they said "That looks like our type 9 which is also referred to as a "bosch long". The type 9 is a popular choice now and the screwfix titan range also take this fitting too"

But after doing some measurements, I'm not sure if it's a Type 3 from their page.

DSC_8990.JPG
DSC_8992.JPG

I'm also missing 2mm from my measurements 😂😂

Going to have a chat with them tomorrow and get a bundle ordered 👌🏻

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Tac Moonlight or Cancoat

Looking for a more durable spray sealant that just topping with Infinity wax. Or are there any other suggestions?

Also, any recommendations on a decent microfiber pack, I think I got one from polished bliss in the past

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Tac Moonlight or Cancoat

Looking for a more durable spray sealant that just topping with Infinity wax. Or are there any other suggestions?

Also, any recommendations on a decent microfiber pack, I think I got one from polished bliss in the past

Theres Cancoat Evo out now which is meant to last longer and based on the previous Cancoat Pro.

Not used either of the Tac or Gyeon coatings, but from what i've seen of Cancoat it looks real easy to work with.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I've only had Cancoat on for a few days and it looks and feels great.
I did have to prep the car though.
It's apparently durable, will have to see if I can resist touching it.

The IW synergy lite is supposed to be good.

Attachments

• 20220129_142810.jpg
    20220129_142810.jpg
    1,002 KB · Views: 29

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Also agree on cancoat. Very good and durable when on a clean base. Really impressed me over the years. Even the shitty ones with sticky sprays!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I've only had Cancoat on for a few days and it looks and feels great.
I did have to prep the car though.
It's apparently durable, will have to see if I can resist touching it.

The IW synergy lite is supposed to be good.

They claim 6 months, but pretty much everyone i've heard say it's 12 months minimum when looked after.

I've still got some IW Synergy Lite to try when it warms up.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Think ive posted this on here before but I have used the IW Synergy Lite before. Its really good tbh. Im running some tests with it on my roof currently and its still buzzing a few months down the road. My brothers Fiesta is fully coated with it and his is still doing good too. Definitely easy to apply but, as with everything, prep is key. If you slap it onto a unprepared panel then its probably going to not last long.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
They claim 6 months, but pretty much everyone i've heard say it's 12 months minimum when looked after.

I've still got some IW Synergy Lite to try when it warms up.

Easily got 12 months out of cancoat on my wife's car. Only does about 6k miles a year though.

Does need a clean base to start with but layers on itself so could always clay and apply a new layer after six months or so.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I use the costco ones for pretty much everything lols

Nah, I have switched to using the ones linked above. Mine are purple but theyre great to use and actually wash up decent

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Anyone got by chance done and dusted or the si version they aren't using anymore. Or another spray detailer...

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
CanCoat beads looking nice. Self cleaning seems to be good too.

Tempted to put it on my car but it's black...

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Tight for a sealant. Keep an eye on durability unless you're topping again soon Riz?

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
So, new snow foam cannon from detailedonline arrived with the adapter for my jetwash. However, when I took the original fitting off, it had an O-ring on it. There's a little valley for it to sit in on the original, but not on the new adapter.

When I put it on the new one and tighten it up, it just pushed it off the bottom.

They did supply PTFE with it, but do I wrap in clockwise or anticlockwise? And do I start wrapping the end that goes into the fitting?

DSC_9031.JPG
DSC_9032.JPG
DSC_9033.JPG
DSC_9034.JPG
DSC_9035.JPG

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I'm going to give it a bash tomorrow, but I think it's going to keep undoing itself every time I take it off the gun to put the normal hose end on. I didn't think this through

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Is there anything that can sort a scratched windscreen?
Previous owner must have cleaned it with a Holly bush inside and out.