ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Seems its this

Screenshot_20220217_183139_com.android.chrome.jpg

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member

Cheers!

Yeah it's not a great box but that's personal circumstances, I don't have any leather seats in my cars so that's two items that I won't use, neither will I use the ice scraper.

As said though I can't be annoyed about it as it's the risk you take with a mystery box. Kind of wish I went with the starter kit from them instead now!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
If anyone is interested. Will be selling a 5" SPTA 15mm throw dual action polisher over the weekend. Works really well and ideal for a new chap getting involved trying machine polishing. 👍👍

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Im glad that a couple of bottles had been leaked, it was supposed to be a present for my 30th on Sunday but I opened it today when it came cause of the smell and it clearly leaking..

I'd have been very disappointed to open it on Sunday!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I'm only guessing and certainly not an expert on mystery boxes.

People buy a box for £40. They get solid products to the tune of let's say £70. This is all obviously retail charges.

Said person gets wet with what they received and praise them a lot so others buy.

Then next time you are after something and assuming the products were nice to use they go back to said supplier.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm only guessing and certainly not an expert on mystery boxes.

People buy a box for £40. They get solid products to the tune of let's say £70. This is all obviously retail charges.

Said person gets wet with what they received and praise them a lot so others buy.

Then next time you are after something and assuming the products were nice to use they go back to said supplier.

Think you are bang on the money, whilst I'm disappointed with the box I'll certainly order from IW again purely from the customer service they have provided, like I said I rang at 16:36 and by 16:51 they had confirmed they will ship replacement products out.

The air freshener was a special for the boxes so they are replacing with a random air freshener so hopeful that I get one that can be used, the Mrs (pregnant) was actually heaving from the smell of the box one! 😂

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Autoglanz are actually alright. Looks like they changed a lot of their range.

But anyone needing a full kit for their own car... A total no brainer.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Going to upgrade the cheap pump sprayer. The ik ones seem pretty decent with a good/strong spray pattern. Anything else to consider or go with that

Clio 2.0 138hp
Going to upgrade the cheap pump sprayer. The ik ones seem pretty decent with a good/strong spray pattern. Anything else to consider or go with that
Kwazar. Ive had mine for a year and ive abused it. Pumped litres of BH Surfex through it. Even let if freeze a few times. Hasnt let me down once, even after being frozen solid. If it broke right now, id buy another straight away.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I have an IK 1.5 and it's crap. Too small and 200 pumps to do the car. Wouldn't say it's worth £20.

I've got a foaming pump head from cleanyourcar over 10years ago and it's still going strong, which I use for wheels.

Funny I was looking at a new sprayer as the Ansio one you guys recommended has a leak in the plastic.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Just for pre wash

I that can’t get the hozelock option (I’ve got both).

The Kwazar will only hold one application, so
You’re forever filling it up (the reason I bought the hozelock). If you overfill you also experience foam leaking from the seal. Very annoying.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
What's peoples reasoning for using Citrus Pre-Wash or Snowfoam? Is it a preference, depending on the job, or both in some cases?

Going to start doing videos on the SO WAX Detailing channel on YouTube, and want to cover some topics! Thanks all

PS - Been inactive on here due to being f*cking busy!! Hope everyones good (y)

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
What's peoples reasoning for using Citrus Pre-Wash or Snowfoam? Is it a preference, depending on the job, or both in some cases?

Going to start doing videos on the SO WAX Detailing channel on YouTube, and want to cover some topics! Thanks all

Pre-wash works well, IMO snow foam is poor in comparison. I tend to apply pre-wash, wait 5 mins, apply snow foam, jet-wash off.

Snow foam is far cheaper and less likely to degrade the LSP. It’s just nowhere near as effective.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Pre-wash works well, IMO snow foam is poor in comparison. I tend to apply pre-wash, wait 5 mins, apply snow foam, jet-wash off.

Snow foam is far cheaper and less likely to degrade the LSP. It’s just nowhere near as effective.

Are you using pH neutral snow foam or alkaline? I like to do similar to you, lay down some citrus and then top with snowfoam.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Are you using pH neutral snow foam or alkaline? I like to do similar to you, lay down some citrus and then top with snowfoam.

Bilt Hamber Autofoam. Just picked up some Garage Therapy One Snow Foam. It’s ok but nothing special.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Best snow foam I've used is kkd extreme which is on the less happy side of lsp.

The best pre wash I've used is easily hdd road rage.

Tbh the whole degrading of lsp doesn't interest me. It would if I had a £200 wax or sealant applied. But the time it takes me and the fact I change products, I don't really care ref degrading. As long as the product doesn't degrade the body we are good to go lol.

But yeah pre wash is more effective over the foam. Just a bit boring.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Best snow foam I've used is kkd extreme which is on the less happy side of lsp.

The best pre wash I've used is easily hdd road rage.

Tbh the whole degrading of lsp doesn't interest me. It would if I had a £200 wax or sealant applied. But the time it takes me and the fact I change products, I don't really care ref degrading. As long as the product doesn't degrade the body we are good to go lol.

But yeah pre wash is more effective over the foam. Just a bit boring.

Snowfoam makes for good instagram pictures lol

With the right product, it can do wonders but always find Citrus more effective.

Screenshot 2022-02-21 at 09.29.40.png

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yummy lol.

The likes of auto foam is very good. Think it would be a tough market to crack. The above is very good even at low dillution so lasts ages. Surfex hd on a safe dillution is also superb. Both less than £18 most of the time.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
Yummy lol.

The likes of auto foam is very good. Think it would be a tough market to crack. The above is very good even at low dillution so lasts ages. Surfex hd on a safe dillution is also superb. Both less than £18 most of the time.

I hear what you're saying, it's all down to preference and how you like affecting LSP's but as you commented, it's not the end of the world tbh

I like to use an alkaline snowfoam every now and again to shock the coating and remove anything that's possibly clogging the surface

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR

Depends how I feel. There isn't any reason, if I feel the lower half of the car is particularly grimy I'll use surfex hd aswell as autofoam.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Just used a relatively strong mix of surfex on a part ex that's not been cleaned for a while. Made quick work. Think I still prefer road rage though

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
In fairness in all my years of using snowfoams, autofoam still kicks ass. But I suggest using anything you want in a Lance, pre wash etc.

Some of the pre washes even like AF through a sprayer is a great addition. I mentioned in here years ago snowfoam to me, was to help the touch wash, not to bypass it. The pre spray/wash is the thing doing the dissolving. Through a Lance or not.