ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
My shed is a little walk to the tap, so i have to carry quite a bit of stuff. I can't be bothered carrying something else too.

Would I have to get a separate hose just for it, or would my normal house with PW be ok? As im planning on using the PW with normal water for cleaning and the vessel for rinse

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
My shed is a little walk to the tap, so i have to carry quite a bit of stuff. I can't be bothered carrying something else too.

Would I have to get a separate hose just for it, or would my normal house with PW be ok? As im planning on using the PW with normal water for cleaning and the vessel for rinse
Ah okay, fair enough. Theyre a bit weighty when full of water anyways. Alternatively, depending on how far, you could have one of those expanding hoses like I have and just leave the filter in the shed and then rinse the car with the hose.

Not sure I quite understand about your hose situation. A standard hose is absolutely fine, as is a stretchy one. If you mean youre going to run your pure water through your PW then be careful. not entirely sure how true it is but someone mentioned pure water isnt good for the internals of a PW. Probably BS but I honestly dont know. I also found my PW wanted to pull the water through the resin a bit too fast which used it up quicker and less effectively. Also, you have to run quite a bit of water through the PW before pure comes out so I ended up with half a car of spotting and half a clear side lol

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Sorry I wasn't clear.
My plan is to use normal water for washing and the vessel for rinsing.

When it comes to using the vessel, does it need its own dedicated hose or can it share the normal hose when I rinse?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Sorry I wasn't clear.
My plan is to use normal water for washing and the vessel for rinsing.

When it comes to using the vessel, does it need its own dedicated hose or can it share the normal hose when I rinse?
Thats alright!

Yeah, good plan otherwise youll burn through resin at some rate of knots. You can use the same hose if you want mate. But youll want to put a valved section in as pulling off a hose thats pressurised gets old really fast. Trust me.

Just make sure you rinse through the remaining 'impure' water before you start to rinse.

Oh, and also, you should pick up a hardness meter (lol). Just amazon a water PPM meter. Mine was about £9 and it allows you to check if your resin is still working or not!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
This a good deal?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Car got the special treatment with some Zymol Z8 today seen as it's looking dry for most the week now. Love how it adds even more of a deep gloss.

20220612_112335-01.jpeg

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Thats alright!

Yeah, good plan otherwise youll burn through resin at some rate of knots. You can use the same hose if you want mate. But youll want to put a valved section in as pulling off a hose thats pressurised gets old really fast. Trust me.

Just make sure you rinse through the remaining 'impure' water before you start to rinse.

Oh, and also, you should pick up a hardness meter (lol). Just amazon a water PPM meter. Mine was about £9 and it allows you to check if your resin is still working or not!

How much is the resin?
If I have an 11litre vessel, how much resin would I need to refill.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Guy over the road is having his Rolls Royce Silver Shadow "professionally cleaned" today. 2 blokes have turned up in a C Class merc with some buckets in the back. From what I can see it's stuff like Demon Wash etc. They've given it a pre-rinse from the hosepipe (no jetwash or snowfam) and are now washing it with cold water, no shampoo, and the type of car sponge you get from the petrol station.

Beautiful.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Guy over the road is having his Rolls Royce Silver Shadow "professionally cleaned" today. 2 blokes have turned up in a C Class merc with some buckets in the back. From what I can see it's stuff like Demon Wash etc. They've given it a pre-rinse from the hosepipe (no jetwash or snowfam) and are now washing it with cold water, no shampoo, and the type of car sponge you get from the petrol station.

Beautiful.
Worse ‘My neighbour has a Rolls Royce’ brag ever! 😂😂😉

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
You know the ratios are ridiculous when a product turns up with a syringe to measure it out 😂

View attachment 1596594
Used this for the first time last night.

For the first application, I did 10ml with 500ml of water in a snow foam gun which managed to do 2 liberal coats of the car.

Looks good so far but time will tell with regards to durability. Beading looked great straight off the bat and it felt very slick when drying.

I could have done with properly decontaminating the car prior to coating to help with durability but I couldn't be arsed. I'll probably do the advised 1-3ml with 500ml for the maintenance washes every week/2 weeks anyway.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Anyone bought a cheap rotary or know of someone who has and been happy?

I'm after one up to say 100.

Also by chance antone not using infinity wax graphene they want to move on.
Cheers.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Anyone bought a cheap rotary or know of someone who has and been happy?

I'm after one up to say 100.

Also by chance antone not using infinity wax graphene they want to move on.
Cheers.
I’ve got a silverline one from eBay. About £50.

I’ve had it for about 3 years. It gets used at least twice a week and it’s still going strong.
Has a good speed variation on it, it’s not too loud either but it is quite heavy.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
That make has been mentioned 👍

East enough to use?. I've used a flex forced Rotation, but of practice but was easy enough.

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That make has been mentioned 👍

East enough to use?. I've used a flex forced Rotation, but of practice but was easy enough.
I’ve used it on pink transits, down to a 1972 fiat 500.
It is heavy, that’s my only gripe. But it does the job no problem.
My mate has a really expensive One (can’t remember the name, it’s red and grey) and it’s sooooo nice to use. But he uses it every day. For the 2 (at most) times a week I use it, it’s absolutely fine. And it was cheap.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Another DI vessel post 😅

What resin are you guys using MB115 or 151?

Water here is around 130-150ppm.

MB115 good for up to 200ppm but for how long 🤔
What’s the price difference? If the same or not much more, surely MB151 would be the way to go?

I need to replace mine actually, so if you find a decent place to order from, let me know 👍🏻

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Do you guys empty your vessels after use? I've not used mine in a while as I need to get new resin, but I always tipped it up after use and got as much water out as possible as I assumed the standing water would degrade the resin when not in use? But then I've seen people wall mounting their vessels so they can't be doing that🤔

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I have got a Muc Off pressure washer and this is the fitment for the snow foam attachement.

IMG_8974.jpeg

Is it a standard fitting? As the adjuster is broken and need to get a new one. Wondered if there was a better one to go for or if I am stuck with the standard one.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Do you guys empty your vessels after use? I've not used mine in a while as I need to get new resin, but I always tipped it up after use and got as much water out as possible as I assumed the standing water would degrade the resin when not in use? But then I've seen people wall mounting their vessels so they can't be doing that🤔

Resin needs to be stored damp.

Don't let it dry out. That goes for anyone that's bought 25ltrs and used half or so for their 11ltr system.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Resin needs to be stored damp.

Don't let it dry out. That goes for anyone that's bought 25ltrs and used half or so for their 11ltr system.
Never knew that. Maybe that's why mine degraded quite quickly then? Although, even when turned upside down, it probably never fully got all the water out so would have still retained some dampness I supposed.

Best to just leave it full of water?

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I have got a Muc Off pressure washer and this is the fitment for the snow foam attachement.

View attachment 1598432

Is it a standard fitting? As the adjuster is broken and need to get a new one. Wondered if there was a better one to go for or if I am stuck with the standard one.

You will have to pic the correct adaptor.