ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

What's the difference between this Zainos you mentioned?

Budget for wax could be up to £50 or so.

I'll probably give it a go over with my G220 at some point, but I'll wait until its a bit warmer as I can't be assed in this weather!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Fair enough mate, Z5 contains a small amount of fillers. Both offer the same protection. :)

If no DA polish by hand with something. You'll be surprised how much crap is on a brand new car even after claying!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's far from an old car though. A decon session will transform the colour mate.

Oh yeh of course. And I really like the colour of the white, if that makes sense! It's a really bright white, not like some beige whites you see on some cars.

I might save the wax etc for another pay day. I have some R222 that I've had a while so Incan use that for now.
I'll just get some good early stage cleaning products for now.

What's Gtechniq C2 like as a sealant? Seems to get good reviews, and easy to apply.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Get Z2 for under it mate. Kinda waste having to reapply R222 all the time. 2 layers of Z2 will just be superb on GW mate.

So you can use Z2 as a final sealant instead of a wax? If so that would be great as I assume its MUCH quicker and easier to apply than waxes.

So far I'm getting:

Clay bars
Iron-X (more of) Or should I try TRIX instead?
C5 wheel armour
Zaino Z2

Add I received some more G1 today, along with some C4 trim restorer and C6 matte dash for the interior.

I think that should do me for now :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Get Iron X mate. Trix i'm not a massive fan off. Tar remover/iron X then clay away! :)

Righto.

Last Q......any recommendations for some car wash? Is there really a difference among all of the different products available?

I've added Zaino Z-7 to my basket so far, but that was a pretty random choice tbh!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
BTBM gives a bit mores suds and slickness than Z7, never was the biggest fan. Or Gtechniq Gwash. Pretty "clean" shampoo.

Detailing Q: The blackline trim on my 330Ci isn't as glossy as it could be. It looks saturated, what, if anything could I use to bring it back?

Quick photo of said trim, note some of that is dirt/salt.

photo.jpg

BMW E46 330i Touring
If I'm not mistaken, the trim isn't rubber but painted plastic. Try giving it a good clean with an APC and then a bit of light polish. I found GTechniq P1 worked well on mine.

Yeah, Chapppers, its not rubber. Its painted plastic as Ads said.

I'll see if a hand polish does the trick. Wasn't sure if it would be gone forever.

BMW E46 330i Touring
It shouldn't be, they have a habit of going 'off' quite easily - normally they take on an almost greasy appearance.

Mind need respraying as I masked them up last time I polished the car and the tape pulled some of the black paint off. :(

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Going to give iron x a blast tomo. I know I shouldn't have done but I gave it a sniff before, f£&k me it's awful. Cherries my ass :(

If I'm not mistaken, the trim isn't rubber but painted plastic. Try giving it a good clean with an APC and then a bit of light polish. I found GTechniq P1 worked well on mine.

Yeah, Chapppers, its not rubber. Its painted plastic as Ads said.

I'll see if a hand polish does the trick. Wasn't sure if it would be gone forever.

Ah my mistake, was wondering but thought it looked like the rubber below the windows!

I would go with P1 on something like that.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
I went to use my snow foam lance yesterday and the lance bottle had split just below the thread! Is this a common issue or had a tightened it too much? I've just ordered a replacement from Monza for £7.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I don't think ironx smells that bad when being sprayed or when it's in the bottle.

but the microfibre I used to agitate it stunk, made my porch smell like fart, and my fingers stunk all day lol!

i think TARdis smells worse when in use

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I went to use my snow foam lance yesterday and the lance bottle had split just below the thread! Is this a common issue or had a tightened it too much? I've just ordered a replacement from Monza for £7.

It's happened to me before

The atomiza bottles from polished bliss are pretty strong and fit also

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
I made up a really nice PB order, and forgot to actually buy it and left it till last night. Near enough everything is out of stock now that I wanted :(

BMW E46 330i Touring
Yeah I'm the same Dave, ordered a couple pads and Tripple and have had a Paypal receipt but nothing from PB. Don't mind if stock is all gone but I'd like to know so I can decide whether to wait or change my order.

They're understandably manic though.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Looking on DW, it seems that they came into their premises to 230+ orders over the weekend. Added to more orders yesterday and a lot of people visiting the store physically, they're busy!

Only 500ml Tripple is out of stock from my order so hoping I was early enough (Saturday evening) to get my order through. If not, a couple of the 250ml items will do...

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I ordered at 10:40 on Friday morning and still haven't had the confirmation email only a receipt from PayPal