ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Only sperm beads on her tats

Yea I saturated the roof

The spray head is rubbish so it was the only way really, used about half a bottle. Which may sound like a lot but if it is durable then it's decent value

Ill try fabsil next

I've had a nightmare with the pressure washer getting all this bloody salt of my car.

I've basically taken half the sticker off (stone chip guard near the rear wheel), whether it was going anyway I don't know.
I had to peel a bit more off to get a neat edge as it was flapping and would have come off more.

Anyway, i'm sure it's taken the laquer off with it in one area. What shall I do? I guess other than a respray, I just keep sealing it to keep it safe as such.
So annoyed. Anyone ever done this?

Not a 320d
Have any of you b******s used AF Rejuvenate via DA or rotary?

Is it worth the bother or should I just stick to using a german applicator pad?

Not a 320d
I've had a nightmare with the pressure washer getting all this bloody salt of my car.

I've basically taken half the sticker off (stone chip guard near the rear wheel), whether it was going anyway I don't know.
I had to peel a bit more off to get a neat edge as it was flapping and would have come off more.

Anyway, i'm sure it's taken the laquer off with it in one area. What shall I do? I guess other than a respray, I just keep sealing it to keep it safe as such.
So annoyed. Anyone ever done this?

I sprayed my mates car down to get some bugs off it first and ripped the clear straight off the splitter. Was getting resprayed anyway. 130bar and AC Schnitzer paint jobs dont mix well.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I prefer using something like LP by Rotary but rejuve is good via DA.

Most products are much better via DA.

Not a 320d
Does it give any correction as such? im not fussed about swirls. Just trying to cleanse the paint, remove surface dirt and perhaps a little dead clearcoat to bring some life back into the paintwork. Ive only ever used it on two cars.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah of course. Similar to LP but cleanses very well.

Only reason I like Tripple more often is the fillers. Leaves a better gloss. Rejuve cleanses a tad better.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Didn't like rejuvenate by rotary, but worked nicely via DA. Cleaned a lot more than by hand. Cleans up oxidised paint really well on a white or green hex pads. Got a little correction without trying too hard on Ford paint.

As Kev said, LP gave a little more bite. But rejuvenate does a far better job of lifting dirt

Not a 320d
After better base for wax mate, Tripple is good and all but I dont really need the fillers... The longer it will last the better. Thats cool then Ill dig out the Rej bottle.

182 Cup
will I kill my paint using the Autoglym Motorcycle Cleaner basically as an APC? Says safe to use on paint when using on Bikes.

I have no idea if paint is different on Bikes to cars, hence the question.

Might as well try and get some use out of the freebie as I don't have a bike!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Me either. The search facility on DW is a Goldmine though if you need to know anything.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Technically, the smallest quantity AutoSmart sell is 5L. You can find various smaller quantities on eBay but note that they'll be posted in 'illegal' containers and could be diluted down.

I wanted a smaller quantity so went with Valet Pro Citrus Tar & Glue Remover. Also, Auto Finesse sell Oblitarate in smaller quantities too. Both seem to be well thought of.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
After washing when doing a decon detail when you will be 're waxing. It will go some way to removing wax or sealants so not a regular use product.

Its an awesome product

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
So if I mange to get some dave I'm thinking

wash
iron x
Srp
wax

i clayed the car last week, as well as I can clay that is lol

RB 200
Alright .. I'm thinking about trying to machine my car with a DA polisher - never done it before - and i was going to order the Auto Finesse kit,

I'm just terrified incase i do it wrong / ''burn paint'' .. is it fairly straight forward? ... the steps i was thinking of taking where;

Tardis
Iron x
Wash
Dry
Clay
do whatever it says in the polish guide with my polisher to get rid of swirls and a few scuffs
seal ?
then prima amigo glaze?
then wax it with some zymol

is that about right? or .... just puzzled incase i'm doing stuff the wrong way round or make a mistake! any advice - here or inbox would be fantastic. cheers!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Glaze before seal/wax.

Just take your time and follow the guide on DW. Always try the least abrasive combination first.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Just start with the least abrasive combo for the first attempt and assess it from there.

Imprezzaworks, all as per your edit.