ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I tried to get a sample off of the bloke but he wasn't playing ball. I don't like the look off them tbh but plenty of proper lube and they should be ok.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
No problem Matthew.

How does a 25ml sample sound? I think its quite a nice size as you'll be able to get quite a few layers out of it.

I can do any size so anyone thats intrested in this just let me know what size you would like.

If 25ml is good for everyone I'll source some pots and sort out a price.

Is it a 200ml pot? if so your probably best doing 4 x 50ml pots at say around £25 per pot meaning you make the £90 back plus some money for postage and pots.

fire me a PM when your ready, like i say ill pay a tad more for the actual pot as well.

Jon if you do wanna buy the full pot send me a pm and I'm sure we can sort something out.

Matthew if you really want a sample I can sort you one out no problems.

Just going back to what you said earlier Matthew, 50ml was what I had in mind but I wasn't sure if people would want to pay that much for it even tho I think that's a good price. I'm just putting the options out there that whatever size the majority want that's what I'll do.

Sorry, I meant a 50ml pot! I got carried away. But, yeah I'd buy a 50ml pot from you if you dish it out.

Ok, no worries.

What you thinking for a price mate? Lets say 25,50?

Yeah it's gonna be around that price.

I'm pretty sure I've found some pots that will be perfect for this so I'll have another look into those and I'll post up a price tomorrow.

50ml will be good because it will certainly last a long time

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Sorry I ment size of pots, not the price lol, but you've answered that question. Will see what you come up with mate and go from there

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
50ml is probably best, that way it can be sold cheap enough to get people interested in a high end wax but your not left with 6 samples after selling 2 and having 10 people saying they really want it.

Sorry I ment size of pots, not the price lol, but you've answered that question. Will see what you come up with mate and go from there

I'll post up various size/price options and like you say we can go from there.

50ml is probably best, that way it can be sold cheap enough to get people interested in a high end wax but your not left with 6 samples after selling 2 and having 10 people saying they really want it.

That's very true. I'll defiantly keep everyone updated tomorrow.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Meant to say anyone wanting a 50ml sample of my Hybrid wax, they are going for £12 each :) First come first serve. :)

I'll never use all this wax anyway! I'm struggling to believe how durable it is! Think the Z5 and Finis wax is helping!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Detailing my shitty old Saab after it sitting for nigh in 6 months, would've loved to have used it on that. Satsuma it is!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
All sold guys. Price wasn't a money making thing it'll go towards my next hybrid. :)

Quite impressed with Zaino Z5. Only did a quick coat, and to be honest I thought I did it wrong anyway! After the initial product goes down, it just seems your wiping a clean cloth over the paint, and it's not doing anything.

Had this on the roof after putting it in the garage just now.

Photo-15-03-2013-13-25-33_zpsa34e70ff.jpg

Yeh! But you use so little that it doesn't look like it does anything. I could have easily used about a pea sized blob to do areas the size of A4 paper. But that would probably do near enough a whole panel!

182cup & 172 racecar
Quite impressed with Zaino Z5. Only did a quick coat, and to be honest I thought I did it wrong anyway! After the initial product goes down, it just seems your wiping a clean cloth over the paint, and it's not doing anything.

Had this on the roof after putting it in the garage just now.

Photo-15-03-2013-13-25-33_zpsa34e70ff.jpg

Your beads are different sizes, you fail.

VW ID.3
My Karcher is pulsating like this one (but different model) and has loss power. Is it fooked or repairable?

Last edited by a moderator:
  VW ID.3
Theres no water leaking from it, I didn't know whether a pressure sensor had failed or something? I might just save up for a Nilfisk.