ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

This will be what you after

Search this on eBay. I can't copy the link for some reason

PRESSURE WASHER JETWASH REPLACEMENT NILFhISK C110 C120 RUBBER HOSE 1 WIRE15 MT

Thanks Ron.

Do you have one? Couldn't find anything with that exact search but found this that I assume is what you meant -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KARCHER-Q...Garden_PowerTools_SM&var=&hash=item3cdc159595

Any good? Don't want to buy a direct replacement of the one I've got so appreciate the help with it.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Try Directhoses.net

Few on here ordered from there I believe and you can buy all different lengths.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Thanks Ron.

Do you have one? Couldn't find anything with that exact search but found this that I assume is what you meant -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/KARCHER-Q...Garden_PowerTools_SM&var=&hash=item3cdc159595

Any good? Don't want to buy a direct replacement of the one I've got so appreciate the help with it.

I've not bought one myself yet but someone on here has bought one recently. Fucked if I can remember who though lol

Link problem now solved.

This is where they brought it from this seller

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170666872594?redirect=mobile

I remember them saying they were really pleased with it.

If that link still doesn't work the sellers name is qwashers

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
One of the big benefits seems to be that if the rubber hose ever needs replacing that's all you need to buy. The connectors can be re used.

I've not bought one myself yet but someone on here has bought one recently. f**ked if I can remember who though lol

Link problem now solved.

This is where they brought it from this seller

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/170666872594?redirect=mobile

I remember them saying they were really pleased with it.

If that link still doesn't work the sellers name is qwashers

Thanks Ron!

I'll definitely get one of those tomorrow.

Seems that the original has a plastic with string braid, as opposed to the rubber with wire metal braid in these ones.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Yes much more flexible than the originals by all accounts. My nilfisk one drives me insane. I'll get one of these ones too soon I think.

My mums just ordered a new car and Ive been volunteered to do a new car detail on it. Is ford paint still soft?
I want to put a long lasting coating on it.. What's the best one that's a reasonable price at the minute? C2v3 exo? And for the wheels? c4 wheel armour?

^ yes you can use it with a da. It works really well via machine. It will have very minimal cut but it's a brilliant cleaner and will pull the dirt from the paint. I really like cherry glaze.

RB 182
Tried Menz 203s and Prima Amigo on my bonnet today, really happy with the outcome - the clarity in the paint is so much better now.

I've tried to capture the before/after in pictures but the sun wasn't out when I started so it was quite hard.

Before:

13009374705_5fcb0c5d6c_b.jpg

DSC_0416 by jggd51, on Flickr

50/50 on the wing and bonnet. You can also see the difference in the top of the wing where the DA came over:

13009340495_39ec1bc230_b.jpg

DSC_0446 by jggd51, on Flickr

After:

13009510203_4dd79bdcfb_b.jpg

DSC_0442 by jggd51, on Flickr

Really happy with how it turned out. Looking forward to a full Spring detail soon.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Used my Wheel Woolies again today...My god I love them, Honestly how I managed before without them I'll never know, Gonna keep my eye out for any 2nd hand angles ones being sold and then I'll be a happy guy.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Carpro reset

So let me start by saying what our new shampoo dont have :

NO COLOR
NO GLOSS ENHANCERS
NO POLYMERS
NO WAX INSIDE
NO TEFLON
NO SILICONES
NO STICKY SURFACTANTS
NO HARSH CHEMICALS
and almost no smell flavors

and what it does contain?.. ONLY great surface cleaning with high dilution ratio.

Im very glad to show you all our new product , the Reset.
we had many customers asking us what shampoo is the best for using for coating maintenance , so we decided to do a Carpro dedicated car shampoo .
the idea was to make a shampoo which has no additional polymers, waxes, Silicones, Teflons etc... with fair price.
just pure strong organic compounds mixture which will clean very well car surface ( waxed too) without leaving anything behind and only revive the coating and car shine performance.
once diluted 1:500 its pH balanced (7pH) which will be safe for waxes or sealants as well.

Reset is highly concentrated and produce very densed foam bubbles , smooth and sliding feel while washing with any wash media .
very easy to rinse after !, surfactants will not bond to the surface like many other car shampoos .
we use a very nice scent flavor , feels very fresh smell .nothing like you know from any existing shampoo in the market.
and very important, its genuine made by us! no relabeled or re-bottled.
almost 95% of the ingredients are completely natural organic and biodegradable safe for the environment.

d33a835f-8fa6-4d57-8c28-257d99c9c3e3_zps9bee1780.jpg

packings will be 50ml , 500ml , 1L, 5L and bigger even if will be demand.
cap used small nozzle as well for easy pouring. and can be used as measure cap too. ( 10ml contain)
how many cars wash?:
500ml can be enough for 16 to 20 cars wash , depend on bucket size ofcourse.

Retail price : 10 GBP for 500ml and lower for 1L etc..

Reset is already available at CarPro UK:
http://www.carpro.uk.com/reset-maintenance-shampoo-500ml/

hopefully through out the rest of resellers we work with over the UK.

any questions are welcome.
Avi

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Just used a little bit of Chemical Guys Blitz on wife's car. Damn that bottle must be 5 years old, the car looks liquid at the moment, forgot how good it looks, shame about the durability.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
noticed that CQUK has been updated and a few places selling off the old version slightly cheaper, i4detailing and elitecarcare for example.

tempted to try reset, but already have far too many to get another. I'm still liking lather, moved onto the new version after getting through 5litres of V1

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Regarding the next AF sample;

I was going to use Tripple during my next wash (planning on full strip down and decontamination prior to polish and protection), but will this need removing prior to Rejuvenate or can I use Rejuvenate ontop of tripple?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Well I'm getting a company van in 3 weeks time. Unfortunately due to space limitations etc it means I'll be getting rid of my car. Obviously with me being a clean freak I still want it to be clean and tidy. Due to the size and the fact I don't really want to be wasting my time applying a wax every few months.

Question is: what long term (12 months +) protection are people using now? I'm not wanting to spend the earth however I will be selling off my rotary and pads etc along with some waxes as I won't be using them any more.

Looking for the following:
Paint protection
Glass sealant
Trim sealant
Tyre dressing

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Paint - 12+ months won't come cheap (Regular coats of Hydro2??)

Glass - G1

Trim - C4

Tyre - Megs Endurance

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Just saw this, thank you.

im not sure if I've asked this but is tough coat a similar product to ag Egp? They smell identical and both are very watery.

itd make no difference, just something I've been wondering

Not really, tough coat is good lol. Borrow mine if you want? Can drop it round tomorrow?

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Well I'm getting a company van in 3 weeks time. Unfortunately due to space limitations etc it means I'll be getting rid of my car. Obviously with me being a clean freak I still want it to be clean and tidy. Due to the size and the fact I don't really want to be wasting my time applying a wax every few months.

Question is: what long term (12 months +) protection are people using now? I'm not wanting to spend the earth however I will be selling off my rotary and pads etc along with some waxes as I won't be using them any more.

Looking for the following:
Paint protection
Glass sealant
Trim sealant
Tyre dressing

12 months plus you're looking as something like CQuartz, but on a van, it's probably a bit silly. I'd go for every couple of months a coating of Hydr02 as above.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Thats it I don't want to put too much effort into it, but the same goes for cleaning it in the future I don't want to put effort into that either really.

I'm going to look into the art de shine wax, easy to apply easy to remove not fussy what base its on and lasts a good 6+ months.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Thats it I don't want to put too much effort into it, but the same goes for cleaning it in the future I don't want to put effort into that either really.

I'm going to look into the art de shine wax, easy to apply easy to remove not fussy what base its on and lasts a good 6+ months.

Mirage quotes 6 months durability ;)

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I think Mirage will be used on my car as a pretty sale detail and then used on my dads new car to keep that nice.. I wouldn't want to waste a nice wax on a van!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
MatthewR, maybe look at something like the sonax range. Polymer net shield seems to have water behaviour and self cleaning abilities of EXO and claimed 6months +

Or just look at a durable but easy wax or sealant and top up when you can with hydr02 or Gyeon wetcoat, just don't let JD show you how to use it ;). Maybe a protection based shampoo like nanolex reactivating or Gyeon bathe+

Last edited:

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I've got Craig's V6 coming down this weekend for me to finish the detail on it. It's had a good going over with with Menz 2500 so will just be refining it, can't wait. Now the weather is back I'm back in the mood for detailing!

This is what we were left with last time so even more gloss will be brilliant!

1265B68D-FE54-44C1-ABFE-12F4BAE3997B_zpsaa1a1jxk.jpg

Last edited:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Looks immense Ant! Love that colour.

Dave that thread is locked now mate. It's a cracking product. No idea where he gets 1-2 cars from! They must be using so much of it! I coated 3 full cars and some glass and had a 3rd left for JD.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
It is awesome, epsecially in the sun! If I don't get sun on Saturday I think I'll cry. Not sure what lsp to use, I haven't waxed in ages so may give it a bit of that!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
anyone seen the Farcela / G3 clay mitt?
http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/...productId_1021399_langId_-1_categoryId_255233

the rubber face looks a little coarser than my CG fine clay mitt looking at the website, will drop into a local store at some point and take a closer look. But at the price more competitive with traditional clay it could be worth considering

Did you ever look into this or buy one?

Anyone else had experience with them? It's tempting me as some times I just don't have the time to Clay a whole car when I'm doing the odd job in a single day for people and a mitt sounds like it'll speed things up nicely.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Tough coat is a spray on wipe off product, iirc Egp was supposed to be left to cure for an hour or so wasn't it?

I love TC but as with many products there will be similarities as they are both a sealant.

Ant, not replied to your text, sorry mate, will do now. Will probably come down anyway as weekend off from the OH.
gally, any chance of that email please mate? As I'd rather a spray on/coverage product to remove it, rather than spend hours going around with Tripple.