ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Will see what comes of it. It's going to happen but abrasion is alway always the issue. Remember the Gtechniq magic powder? They stuck their finger in the water>

Genius but has it's limitations. What would work is it sprayed underneath all new cars, i'd like to see that.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Cleanse is stripping it of anything on the car, as you've decon'd it with tarx etc that won't be necessary again but yes tripple is cleanser

Mk3 P1 dymanique 16v
A week n half ago I gave the car a full decon ironX obliTARate and clayed,
it didnt need a machine polish so it got tripple then AF desire
now in most areas beading is epic
2E62FC19-12F7-4C6A-8EA0-7BB8FC22A1C7.jpg

but... There is very disapointing results on other areas
(this is after a wash & dry then a quick spray from the hose - usually amazing beading)
853A963A-F57E-40D0-AAA5-289D53A7FBA6.jpg

any ideas or help?? Please!!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
If I want a cheap electric polisher what am I buying? One that's fool proof if possible..lol

Astra VXR NBG ED
A week n half ago I gave the car a full decon ironX obliTARate and clayed,
it didnt need a machine polish so it got tripple then AF desire
now in most areas beading is epic
2E62FC19-12F7-4C6A-8EA0-7BB8FC22A1C7.jpg

but... There is very disapointing results on other areas
(this is after a wash & dry then a quick spray from the hose - usually amazing beading)
853A963A-F57E-40D0-AAA5-289D53A7FBA6.jpg

any ideas or help?? Please!!

Which panels is your protection reducing in the below picture?

I tend to find door panels, side skirts anywhere that can have passing dirt thrown at it with suffer most. So just behind your front wheel arch will normally be the first to go, unless you layer is more heavily in these areas.

Even Fk with it's claimed durability can fail quite rapidly in these areas.

Mk3 P1 dymanique 16v
Which panels is your protection reducing in the below picture?

I tend to find door panels, side skirts anywhere that can have passing dirt thrown at it with suffer most. So just behind your front wheel arch will normally be the first to go, unless you layer is more heavily in these areas.

Even Fk with it's claimed durability can fail quite rapidly in these areas.
its on the boot lid and roof mainly and like i said its not even been on 2weeks - i thort it was dust but i know its not now!!!
I was expecting more than a weeks durability from desire TBH!!!

Astra VXR NBG ED
its on the boot lid and roof mainly and like i said its not even been on 2weeks - i thort it was dust but i know its not now!!!
I was expecting more than a weeks durability from desire TBH!!!

Quite strange that! Has it been parked close to railways or building sites at all?

LY Megane R26
This maybe a silly question...

When washing do you fill buckers up with warm water or just normal water from the hose?
I usually use warm water from kitchen sink but I see a video the otherday when someone used pressure washer to get more foam?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Just because the beads are not uniform in shape does not always mean the wax is failing. More often than not it's something with the wax. This can be an area where the prep wasn't perfect and contamination left on parts of he panel. The wash process not removing all debris on the panel. The shampoo leaving behind residue, or wax or gloss enhancers over the top of the wax.

My car is gunmetal and I'm currently using Prima Amigo, Zaino Z2, Zaino Z8. I'm about to restock along with some other bits, are these still a great combo? Overall I'm very happy with the results I see, so don't see why I'd change now.

My wife's car is blue, and I'm not sure if the products I use on mine are suitable, should I just use Zaino AIO, or Z2 + Z8 without Amigo?

13630227473_60b19ce5f9_o.png

14063352444_fa31faf039_o.jpg

Any help appreciated.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6

When washing do you fill buckers up with warm water or just normal water from the hose?
I usually use warm water from kitchen sink but I see a video the otherday when someone used pressure washer to get more foam?

I tend to use a capful of shampoo then use hoselock hose gun to foam up half the bucket then boil the kettle then put that in. I find if u use the pressure washer the shampoo just flies out the bucket as its to powerful

Golf GT & A4 Avant
there's nothing wrong with Z2 on any colour or finish really, its always a good performer. You might be able to get a little more depth or glow from a wax, or maybe menzerna powerlock but I wouldn't bother changing until you run out of Z2

Astra VXR NBG ED

Some people will tell you that warm water will make the agents within the shampoo work better! Also your mit won't be as rigid!

However, I sometimes use cold water, and notice little difference tbh

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Agree with Dave CJ. Z2 works so well on all colours. Z5 seems to be a tad darker on darker colours imo but yeah, Z2-Z6-Z8, Stunning stuff.

FF Clio 182
Some people will tell you that warm water will make the agents within the shampoo work better! Also your mit won't be as rigid!

However, I sometimes use cold water, and notice little difference tbh

I just don't see how you can wash something with cold water. It's the warm water that softens up the dirt to help remove it.

I don't mean that is a rude way, just that's how I see it but I ain't no expert :)

Agree with Dave CJ. Z2 works so well on all colours. Z5 seems to be a tad darker on darker colours imo but yeah, Z2-Z6-Z8, Stunning stuff.

there's nothing wrong with Z2 on any colour or finish really, its always a good performer. You might be able to get a little more depth or glow from a wax, or maybe menzerna powerlock but I wouldn't bother changing until you run out of Z2

Thanks lads.

Astra VXR NBG ED
I just don't see how you can wash something with cold water. It's the warm water that softens up the dirt to help remove it.

I don't mean that is a rude way, just that's how I see it but I ain't no expert :)

Yeah exactly, ideally i will use warm water, more for the fact it keeps my hands water. However i won't was a car is i don't have warm water. Just being extra careful with the wash routine.

FF Clio 182
I usual wear nitrile gloves when washing my car and I hate getting polish on my hands so usually have the water extra hot lol. Will be investing in a lambs wools mitt though

Mk3 P1 dymanique 16v
Just because the beads are not uniform in shape does not always mean the wax is failing. More often than not it's something with the wax. This can be an area where the prep wasn't perfect and contamination left on parts of he panel. The wash process not removing all debris on the panel. The shampoo leaving behind residue, or wax or gloss enhancers over the top of the wax.
Wow what an answer lol its anyones guess i have done the same thing so many times on mine or friends n familys cars and never have i had that happen just so strange hence why i posted lol
but its gotta be one of those reasons il just have to strip back and do it again (any excuse;) !)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Don't know anyone that's used the lemon IX yet. I had a sniff of the cherry version but stuck with the normal version.

Clio cjd, try another wash and QD wipe down unless you really want to strip it all back and start again.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Just used my Snowfoam lance for the first time, So much fun but it's a little bit hot and sunny to allow it to dwell for too long :(

Arctic 182
Question regarding the 3M headlight kit if I may;
Does it matter if the drill is corded or not? I've got a Ryobi 18v cordless li-ion drill thing I can use but also have a corded one if it works out better.
Cheers

Edit: Just actually thought this question isn't actually detailing but I'm quite stupid :D

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I have a bottle of Autoglym Intensive Tar Remover, which you have to apply on a cloth/applicator pad to the bodywork.

If I decant it into a spray bottle will it still work? Or has it been formulated to only be used by applying to the body work by hand?