ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I found good things from them mate. I use it with lube and snowfoaming the full car for extra lubricity. They work well imo and will last a lot longer than traditonal clay. You're just supposed to wash them in soapy water after use and store well.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Prestige Detail;4765605 said:
pa210122.jpg

pa210118.jpg

the damage that can be caused from using a clay mitt. This was on a Honda S2000 so presuming fairly soft paint, But I also experineced this a little on a gloss black Golf

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Very carefully! I've seen damage done like that with traditional clay. The problem you have if there are many different grade clays, most clay cloths are one grade.

Bilt hamber soft is the only thing I would touch Honda paint with, or any soft paint, Subaru and Porsche also. Taking a clay cloth to an S2000 is insane imo.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
This is what worries me.. I always use BH Soft generally but the reason I'm looking into mitts is purely for times when I have correction work to undertake with time restrictions.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
they are a great time saver without doubt. but if you're decontaminating properly there really shouldnt be all that much left on the paint to need a heavy clay so spending a little longer with a tar remover can make claying much quicker.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Agreed. On soft paint i've done 3x Tardis and 2x IX and maybe even AS fallout (sap remover etc) to avoid claying at all. Different cars, different ideas!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Very carefully! I've seen damage done like that with traditional clay. The problem you have if there are many different grade clays, most clay cloths are one grade.

Bilt hamber soft is the only thing I would touch Honda paint with, or any soft paint, Subaru and Porsche also. Taking a clay cloth to an S2000 is insane imo.

It'd be a quicker way to remove orange peel than wet sanding!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Can I get any citrus based pre wash type of stuff in a local shop, like Halfords, or do I need to order it? Want to clean the car today (for a change) so if I can get some locally that would be spiffing

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cover the car and leave whilst claying. Use spray lube also but sf aids lubricity and less marring.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
If you're washing a pretty dirty car even after your normal pre wash, go over it again with snow foam then wash as normal. Makes a right mess but helps the wash

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I got inpatient and tried some of my VP Citrus pre wash this afternoon on the rear of the Megane, With snow on the ground LOL. Properly impressed with it miles better than the AF pre wash i had used before. Cleaning power is brilliant, Applied via a pressure sprayer then i literally just rinsed it with water out a watering can since the hose is buried under the snow.

Look forward to giving it a proper go when the weather clears and i can get my pressure washer out.

Cheap too, £20 for 5litres!

LY 200 EDC LUX
Random post, but just thought I'd share (and probably state what most of you know anyway!)

Bought some AF iron out during the week and used today. Brilliant stuff and thoroughly recommended to anyone!

Will be using AF rejuvenate tomorrow before getting some wax on. Slightly sad that I'm a bit excited lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If you're washing a pretty dirty car even after your normal pre wash, go over it again with snow foam then wash as normal. Makes a right mess but helps the wash
One of the best tips I ever found. Washing is so much better and easier with snowfoam on the car.

Golf GTD
Cover the car and leave whilst claying. Use spray lube also but sf aids lubricity and less marring.
Cheers man.
Sorry for being dumb but currently I snow foam, rinse, wash with two buckets, rinse then dry. Where would you recommend adding a second snow foam?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Random post, but just thought I'd share (and probably state what most of you know anyway!)

Bought some AF iron out during the week and used today. Brilliant stuff and thoroughly recommended to anyone!

Will be using AF rejuvenate tomorrow before getting some wax on. Slightly sad that I'm a bit excited lol
Rejuvenate is very good. Nice cleanser diet puller. Iron out isn't a patch on some others.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Cheers man.

Sorry for being dumb but currently I snow foam, rinse, wash with two buckets, rinse then dry. Where would you recommend adding a second snow foam?

Snow foam, rinse, snow foam, wash two bucket method, the extra suds of the snow foam helps with the washing

Last edited:
  Golf GT & A4 Avant
I like the thicker fallout removers like iron out for wheels, but for bodywork there is no denying IronX is still king of the hill

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Rejuvenate is very good. Nice cleanser diet puller. Iron out isn't a patch on some others.
I really didn't get on with Rejuvenate via rotary. I'll be giving it another go next week for AF test group but I might have to resort to hand application.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Last edited:
  E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Has anyone used any of the Gyeon products? Namely Bathe and Tire?

Yeah, I use them on a regular basis.

I use Bathe+ on pretty much all maintenance washes I carry out at the moment. Wetcoat is brilliant, extremely easy to use and gives great results, same goes for Cancoat.

Tire is probably my favourite tyre dressing on the market at the moment, very durable, gives a lovely finish with no fling.

Hard to fault any of their products, (Other than the V1 Cancoat) the only one I haven't got round to using yet it Cure, hoping to use it on an M5 I have booked in at the weekend.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Gyeon tire is a favourite and lasts very well, but does require a good clean and dry tyre for it to work well. Nice finish also

I've only used the bathe+ and didn't find it all that slick on general maintenance washes, but we are in a pretty hard water area so might require a stronger dilution. Water behaviour is pretty good but didn't find it last all that long

Also tried iron, tar and prep and all seem pretty decent performers, but the die in the tar remover can leave behind colour traces when removed and required a light cleanse polish to remove. Apparently this issue has since been addressed.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
A while back, I questioned how dirty people thought their cars were as they posted pictures of hydr02 I think after 3 to 4 weeks.

This is a quick photo after 10 days of typical use for me. Car is gloss black wearing sonax Polymer net shield topped up with either reload or BSD

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    919.7 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    988.3 KB · Views: 75

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I have to agree Dave. That kind of traffic is not going to be kind to any protection imo.