ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Clio 172 Cup
Is this it ?
73D00721-4905-43CE-83AA-A369A33532F8.png

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I can't wait for tomorrow afternoon. Stage one of what will be a multi-stage multi-week clean of the 140.

I may even take the wheels off and do the arches if this goes on and on and on and on 😁
Let me know how you get on with the arches. Mine looks like it's been through a WRC stage 😂

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I can't wait for tomorrow afternoon. Stage one of what will be a multi-stage multi-week clean of the 140.

I may even take the wheels off and do the arches if this goes on and on and on and on 😁

Exactly what I'm doing with the Clio, wheels off makes cleaning the arches so much easier!

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Trying this out.

Adam's Car Wash Shampoo - pH Neutral Soap Formula For Safe, Spot Free Cleaning - Thick, Luxurious Foam Suds That Always Rinse Clean - Ultra Slick Formula That Wont Scratch or Leave Water Spots (16 oz) https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0058JJS0Q/?tag=cliospnet01-21
Got 20% off too.

Got to try the Adam's Shampoo in the sun today and it does work!

Didn't bother with rinsing to let it dry on the paintwork :
20200327_123137.jpg

Just a rinse later, all gone, might be my new summer shampoo!
20200327_124734.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
There is always more to detail on a car.. Just means you haven't taken enough things apart yet ;)

But I suppose yours is so clean a bit of regular maintenance has it looking ready for CSF!

Clio 172 Cup
There is always more to detail on a car.. Just means you haven't taken enough things apart yet ;)

But I suppose yours is so clean a bit of regular maintenance has it looking ready for CSF!
I could machine it but would have to clay again and I think weathers gonna turn shite again mate so will wait till gets better , how u getting on ?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Google says it'll be cool and dry till at least next week Sunday over there?

I've just finished washing and claying, have lunch now, then get the Vac 'n blo out to get the last bits dry before I start polishing. Depending on the weather and my motivation I expect to finish the car Monday or Tuesday. Nice not to have to rush!

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Guys,

I haven't done a top up shop for ages, started detailed my white Abarth today and realised I was very under tooled.

What are people reccomending for microfibres and drying towels these days? I had two new fluffy purple things still wrapped up, went to try them and they were terrible and the microfibres I had handy are pretty poor too.

Other than that I quite enjoyed getting back into it, I have never seen so many iron fillings in paint before, it took multiple hits on the boot, it also appears to acctract tar for fun, prep took ages!

Thanks in advance for any reccomendations!

Paul

Clio 2.0 138hp
Hi Guys,

I haven't done a top up shop for ages, started detailed my white Abarth today and realised I was very under tooled.

What are people reccomending for microfibres and drying towels these days? I had two new fluffy purple things still wrapped up, went to try them and they were terrible and the microfibres I had handy are pretty poor too.

Other than that I quite enjoyed getting back into it, I have never seen so many iron fillings in paint before, it took multiple hits on the boot, it also appears to acctract tar for fun, prep took ages!

Paul
The auto finesse drying towel is decent and you can get it from halfords which is a bonus. Apparently the chemical guys ones aren't bad either.
What sort of microfibres are you after ? General cleaning towels for things like door jambs, or are you after ones to use with polishes and waxes

For general cleaning, amazon basics sell some in different pack sizes.
For buffing, ive heard good things about microfibre madness. Personally i have a load of auto finesse ones. Free delivery on them at the moment too.

If you are having trouble with new towels it might be worth giving them a good wash before hand. They like to chuck fluff everywhere otherwise

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
In2detailing is good for microfibers. I bought five orange ones (forget the name now)

Drying towel. I use the Kent one from Amazon. Only £4.

Reactions: riz

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Hi Guys,

Paul

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I can feel a big order coming up ready to tackle the Fn2 next 😁... Once I get this one finished

Attachments

• IMG_20200327_161411.jpg
    IMG_20200327_161411.jpg
    218.9 KB · Views: 35

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
Klin Korea drying towel. I rarely use anything else. The big one will dry my Octavia in about 2 minutes and still doesn’t need wringing out. Witchcraft 🤣

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
The in2detailing Korean ones are pretty good I have the grey ones and the Gtechniq MF1 ones are good for when you don't want something too plush. Auto finesse aqua deluxe drying towel for me.

Always worth giving a wash before first use to get rid of any possible loose fibers and don't use conditioner.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Hi Guys,

Paul

‘Try The Rag Company https://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/collections/the-rag-company?page=1

they amazing Microfiber towels, best towels I’ve used. I just bought their 20x30 Gauntlet drying towel and OMG it’s on another leve, there’s really good reports on their Pluffle is highly recommend too. ive bought cloths from Clean your car and in2D but TRC cloths are far better. Their Edgeless 365 70/30 blend 16x16 for the price best all round cloth ever, I have loads of them plus a range of clothes inc glass cloths too.

Last edited:

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Spent 5 hours on this today, First proper detail since I bought it

Megs 105/205 is a great combo, managed to get rid of a lot of deeper marks around the bootlid and handles, Still got drivers door and wing to do but that's a job for tomorrow.

Gonna seal it with Gyeon Cancoat and a layer of cure.

Can you layer Cancoat?