ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
Their is so much positives i can say about 303,its not a oily product it leaves a Matte finish,its a product that i would not use for tyres really i use it for trim engine bays and dash as i like the o.e looking new car finish that it leaves...it has excellent UV protection anti static and can take engine heat on engine bay rubbers and plastic and still look good...its a superb product...

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Ah Prima Amigo that's a blast from the past, still got a bottle in my collection. My go to easy fix nowadays is CarPro Essence.

I've got bored of chasing out defects, would rather use something like Essence and get it 80-90% with zero effort.

@gally, that QD much better than Bouncers D&D? That's my current go to, above Elixir.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You know how I love Carpro. I mean my friend owns the UK branch! But rapid detailer is superb and much less fussy than all the new ones.

Would I recommend it over Z6. Probably not but maybe more nostalgia reason. And that smell omg z6 smell!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh and essence is a great product. People underestimate there type of products

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I've found Elixir a bit fussy on what I can only describe as sticky black paint, same with Reload.

I'll give that QD a go when I'm through my Bouncers supply 👍

Clio 172 Cup
Thought I would do a little update deep cleaned the interior and plastics and today is day one of my paint work detailing and polishing . Picture of the car as it stands not dirty by any means but now starting the decontamination and wash stage
B094ACB0-73E4-4FE0-8F69-B3EBE08F7135.jpeg
36792863-8088-4050-BC01-99192EA9C2BD.jpeg
17C219DE-6B60-4A17-86D7-7882F08C0DED.jpeg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Really? How come? When done every now and then it shouldn't take more than 20-30 minutes?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Ah alright, yes it can be a right pain when there's lots of stuff coming off! Looking very shiny there!

Clio 172 Cup
It’s the best it’s ever come up mate to be honest quite a few stages to go I think it’s down to the paint prep also and thank you

Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I've got a pad washer, but a quick hand wash with some APC will also work, just some hot water and massage the spent polish out, then rinse. I clean my pads after every two hits and spin them dry on a low setting on the DA in a bucket.

Best stuff I've used for cleaning polish and wax off pads is Poorboys tornado pad cleaner, pads will be like new!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just sorted my shed out and checked what products i’ve got as I intend on sorting my car next week, just spending 2 or 3 hours on it each day...

How does this look/sound? The paint is battered

0353A980-BED6-4F05-A9FB-D8E7A2FEAFA6.png

Clio 172 Cup
That’s my issue my car is outside altho fairly sheltered what do you recommend for us without garages ? My detail is gonna last the week too

Clio 172 Cup
I found myself half way through today compounding mine but could feel myself getting tired and didn’t want to cut corners I am about half way round now

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve got a bottle of Hydro2 Lite that I’ve had since my clio... I’m assuming it’s pretty fooked by now.

Is there anything better these days? I know when @Daniel put it on HOU before he sold it to me he just gave it a quick going over and it was still beading fantastically when I sold it.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I’ve got a bottle of Hydro2 Lite that I’ve had since my clio... I’m assuming it’s pretty fooked by now.

Is there anything better these days? I know when @Daniel put it on HOU before he sold it to me he just gave it a quick going over and it was still beading fantastically when I sold it.

I don’t think the stuff goes off so should be fine.

Hydro is still best I’ve tried however I’ve been using AF Aqua coat recently because you can get it in Halfords, smells nicer too.