ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Loads of choice as you are finding out

Before you start, have you got stuff to get the car ready for buffing?

Tar remover etc

182 Trophy #366
Loads of choice as you are finding out

Before you start, have you got stuff to get the car ready for buffing?

Tar remover etc

I have a clay bar that about it. I know that I need to order bug/tar remover, but not sure if i need anything else to remove all previous wax etc.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Used Tardis and Iron-x today on two cars. Amazing stuff!! Both cars had loads of tar and iron(one was white). Can't believe I have not used Tardis before. Has made cleaning so much easier.

Jet washed, Autoglym shampoo, jet washed, Tardis and wipe down, Iron X and wipe down, Autoglym shampoo, Autoglym drying towel and Auto Finesse spray wax as not time to polish. Both cars look great. I forgot to take pictures though 🤦‍♂️

Thanks for the Tardis recommendation, probably the best detailing product I have purchased for a while 👍

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Shampoo’d all the carpets today. Came up really well!

CDD3A048-21D2-4299-B9B7-402D5DBAAF0F.jpeg
A6A9A03D-AEE4-4ABC-925B-35CD03972E6E.jpeg

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You need to get the name Dan. There are like 6 of them. c***s make so many products that do the same thing. They brought out a spray foam/seal product recently aswell!
I tried that. Really didn’t like it, far too fussy for my liking.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Their range is massive! We never bought any either. I prefer to seal/spray wadlx as we dry if I can rather than cross my fingers with the foam.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Do wheel sealants work?
X3 alloys and my 18inch M3 ones are getting pretty dirty and harder to clean properly.
I would need to do three cars so don't want to spend too much.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Also a good wheel brush.
I have an old Daytona wheel brush which may e the same as the Ez brush. It isnt really hard enough and actually bit too long

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Do wheel sealants work?
X3 alloys and my 18inch M3 ones are getting pretty dirty and harder to clean properly.
I would need to do three cars so don't want to spend too much.

They absolutely work.

I used Gyeon Rim on my white track wheels and it's held up well considering the heat they get.

On road wheels it'd be even better.

Easy to apply and doesn't flash off as quickly as the Gtechniq stuff.

You'll do 3 cars with 1 bottle.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely do work well 2-3 years sometimes if looked after. Get the new ez one that looks like a toilet brush and then a smaller brush. That new one is tremendous!

Reactions: riz

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Just washed the Meg for the first time since I corrected the paint.

Finished it off with Zaino Z8 (grande finale). My god that stuff is amazing. Best QD by a country mile imo.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Definitely do work well 2-3 years sometimes if looked after. Get the new ez one that looks like a toilet brush and then a smaller brush. That new one is tremendous!

Is the ez detail a but stiffer? Some of those long cone ones look a bit soft

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I'm looking to buy a drill cleaning brush mainly for carpets and upholstery. I'm looking for suggestions or what you lot are using

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
I got a Nilfisk C110 or something probably 8 or 9 years ago now and I can't fault it, it's still as good as it was when I bought it and I've not looked after it particularly well!

Same have a c120 that's done a lot of work nilfisk all the way for me fee mates that have karcher have had a few issues.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Is the ez detail a but stiffer? Some of those long cone ones look a bit soft
Yeah it's slightly stiffer. One of the best I've used when paired with a smaller brush. Really surprised me as I had used ez normal one for 10 years.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Recommended shampoo. Fancy trying something other than the Adams one.
So many of them I like gyeon bathe and bathe plus actually. They will even helped a waxed finish. So many good shampoos now.

That infinity wax one I'm currently trialing with the rest of the range after their QD blew me away.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member