ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Is it the si one?

Just asked someone about it. He sent me this

IMG-20200530-WA0003.jpg

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
No the normal, I read somewhere couple of months ago they had a problem with the si one going brown because of the scent they use.

Maybe it's the same with normal as well?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

BMW Z4
Afternoon all,

new to detailing so been doing alot of reading both on here and elsewhere, its a bloody minefield! Ive ordered the below today as i have a few cars to do and our T5 camper.

now from what i can gather i need more or less the below list of bits? What im after is any advice on things ive missed and also any recommendations on products etc.

Buckets/wash mitt/drying towel/microfibres
something to deal with tar and iron
wash shampoo
wheel cleaner
claybar and lube
some form of panel wipe
some form of protection (wax/sealant/glaze?) - still not got my head round this part yet.

apologies for the massive post and thanks in advance!

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
stuff i use

Buckets/wash mitt/drying towel/microfibres - meguirs bucket, microfiber incredipad, the rag company microfibre cloths
something to deal with tar and iron - they all pretty much do the the same
wash shampoo - dodo juice born to be mild, adams shampoo, bilt hamber
wheel cleaner - Bilt hamber auto wheel / chemical guys diablo wheel cleaner
claybar and lube - bilt hamber clay
some form of panel wipe - carpro eraser/ gyeon prep
some form of protection (wax/sealant/glaze?) - still not got my head round this part yet. - bouncers done and dusted si edition, sonax bsd, bouncers wax

BMW Z4
stuff i use

Buckets/wash mitt/drying towel/microfibres - meguirs bucket, microfiber incredipad, the rag company microfibre cloths
something to deal with tar and iron - they all pretty much do the the same
wash shampoo - dodo juice born to be mild, adams shampoo, bilt hamber
wheel cleaner - Bilt hamber auto wheel / chemical guys diablo wheel cleaner
claybar and lube - bilt hamber clay
some form of panel wipe - carpro eraser/ gyeon prep
some form of protection (wax/sealant/glaze?) - still not got my head round this part yet. - bouncers done and dusted si edition, sonax bsd, bouncers wax

Awesome mate, thanks! gives me something to go off.

anything you think i may have missed that ill likely need?

Clio 2.0 138hp
Awesome mate, thanks! gives me something to go off.

anything you think i may have missed that ill likely need?
Some wheel brushes and a few detail brushes. They are all the same really so it doesn't matter which ones
Some smaller pads for the tighter areas, a 6 inch pad isn't easy to use for fiddly bits
Would also suggest getting 2 wash mitts. Having a cheap one for doing sills and really grubby bits really helps

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Finally finished up my Autofoam, Best stuff for cleaning no doubt but what else are people using? Something a little thicker would be nice

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Or even any other good prewash, might just sack off the snow foam lance and go back to the pressure sprayer

Wax Planet 8 Below seems pretty good going by some reviews, anyone use it?

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah Korrosol is what I use. I used Gtechniq W6 before which was good but when you consider price Korrosol is my choice as it does the job just as good if not better. I think the Bilt Hamber Auto wheel is pretty much the same as Korrosol but thicker for better cling I prefer the Korrosol though and it took 2k miles worth of build up off with ease recently so gets the job done.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Auto foam for me. Cleaning. Dilution. Safe. Offers everything and made my a company that truly make their own products.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Clean & Shiney has the new G-Techinq Easy Coat for grabs at the minute 500ml bottle at £16 it’s to use with a hose like, it comes out like a foam. It’s suppose to last around 3 months worth of protection from dust and dirt and super beading. It suppose to cover 2 full cars.

Might grab a bottle and give it a go

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just had another look, it’s a Ceramic Coating. Enough for 2 medium size cars

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I assume this is just the same as every other product already released in this category?

Seems to be similar bar the application is different and 2 uses to 1 bottle at the price I hope the 3 months protection holds up. Its Gtechniq so you got to imagine it'll be good stuff though.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
This suits me at the minute, had the car now almost a year with no protection on it, was going to get it professional detailed few months back but the lockdown came in. This will do for the time being, been washing my car almost every week or two and done 2k miles. This will tie me down until next year especially over winter again. Not bad getting 2 medium size cars out of a bottle. Plus I can do this myself. Win win.

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
does anyone on here watch forensic detailing on youtube?

it comes across to me that his channel is turning in to platform just to show show what his mate from in2detailing sells

Reactions: riz

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Tried a couple of new products today.

TACS System Mystic Bubble Shampoo. Really impressed. Great cleaning power using cold water and very concentrated (40ml to 20l). Very slick and smelt of bubblegum. Supposed to be as good as CP Reset but cheaper.

Next up was Kamikazi Overcoat. Really impressive, especially as I just used it as a basic standalone product. My car is my daily so hasn’t been decontaminated, corrected or ceramic coated etc. Overcoat has certainly added gloss and looks to have filled minor imperfections too. Excited to see the self cleaning abilities. Not cheap (£68 for 250ml) but a little goes a long way.

s**t camera so unfortunately the picture quality isnt the best.

0264e3b05f0bd5b2115fa088103ad2c5.jpg

Not bad for a 11 year old car that’s worth 50p lol

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Can anyone recommend a good cutting and finishing pad/polish combo for Porsche paint. It’s very very swirly.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I’ve been using Megs Tyre Gel for about 12 years and I’ve never had sling. Just make sure it’s completely dry before you drive, or give it a wipe over with an old microfibre to take any excess off.