ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
IMG_20200718_172116.jpg

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Just ordered another wheel wash mitt and wax applicators inc delivery for just over £10. Wanted the big spray bottle but they was out of stock.

Screenshot_20200719-094149_Email.jpg

Last edited:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Who has used amigo and 50 cal.

Can't decide which I prefer, I have both. Maybe amigo for application, both superb finish, cal for smell lol

Clio 2.0 138hp
Somebody recommend me a glass cloth. Tried the auto finesse one as i bought it with crystal glass cleaner, cleaner is great, cloth is not.

Was looking at rag company diamond one, anyone used them ??

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Get a klin one. Forget the rest.

Enjoyed some detailing today on my brother's new Fiesta. Titan glass coatings all round. They are glass instead of ceramic and mega Impressed me as did the ultra topper. (you can buy ultra but public cannot buy the coatings)

It's unforgiving and I forget how difficult the high end coatings are to master.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Has anyone used the Autoglym Polar range? I got the whole kit recently including the lance and I must say I’m very impressed with the application. The Polar Seal is beading like crazy, let’s see how the longevity is.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Has anyone used the Autoglym Polar range? I got the whole kit recently including the lance and I must say I’m very impressed with the application. The Polar Seal is beading like crazy, let’s see how the longevity is.
I've been an advocate for polar seal for a while now. I love the stuff. I switched to some other lance based sealants and even some spray bottle ones. Still am yet to find something that's as easy as polar seal. And it lasts well too providing you've a good base to start with

Reactions: Ben

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Looking for recommendations for a sealant and wax to use on a liquid yellow R26 and magnetic grey Fiesta.

I’ve got tester pots of DJ Banana Armour, AF Illusion, and AF Desire.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Carchem make a lot of products for a lot of people so unsurprisingly it's decent.

Just making a plan for my new company car. Thinking either Titan costing base or gyeon cure. And kamikaze overcoat v3 as topper. Ultimate protection!

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Carchem make a lot of products for a lot of people so unsurprisingly it's decent.

Just making a plan for my new company car. Thinking either Titan costing base or gyeon cure. And kamikaze overcoat v3 as topper. Ultimate protection!

Can’t rate Kamikaze overcoat highly enough. Awesome stuff.

Fiesta ST-2
Ive just bought a new car. Focus ST line X in desert Island blue, and decided after 4 years of barely cleaning my last car I'm going to be a bit nicer to this one.

Just looking for a refresher/advice.

Paint work is fairly decent, just some light swirls. My options are menzerna polish, lime prime, AF tripple which should I use with my DA?

For protection I have some AF tough coat or dodo juice supernatural hybrid wax. I was looking into sonax bsd and C2V3, but might as well use the old stuff I've bought.

Finally I have a small amount of megs last touch QD, does sonax bsd replace this or is it more of a replacement for AF tough coat?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Ive just bought a new car. Focus ST line X in desert Island blue, and decided after 4 years of barely cleaning my last car I'm going to be a bit nicer to this one.

Just looking for a refresher/advice.

Paint work is fairly decent, just some light swirls. My options are menzerna polish, lime prime, AF tripple which should I use with my DA?

For protection I have some AF tough coat or dodo juice supernatural hybrid wax. I was looking into sonax bsd and C2V3, but might as well use the old stuff I've bought.

Finally I have a small amount of megs last touch QD, does sonax bsd replace this or is it more of a replacement for AF tough coat?

Thanks in advance!

What's happening you old çunt! Long time no see! You can't just come back in here swinging around questions and not offer some foreplay!

Fiesta ST-2
What's happening you old çunt! Long time no see! You can't just come back in here swinging around questions and not offer some foreplay!
Kids and work dont leave me much energy for cars these days! You still got the FRP? I dont post much, but still peruse the forum, it's a habit that's hard to kick.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Kids and work dont leave me much energy for cars these days! You still got the FRP? I dont post much, but still peruse the forum, it's a habit that's hard to kick.

Haha! Tell me about it!

Haven't had an FRP in quite a while, company car for the last 5 years pretty much! Do still love cleaning cars though! Company cars running around with every surface ceramic coated!