ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I still love megs even if it slings with poor application. Smell is nostalgic!

I use CC glass. Easy to apply and last 12 months even with wiper use.

Reactions: MLB

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I have tried a few tyre dressings including pearl. I always end up back with autoglym tyre shine as easy to use and gives a nice finish. Does not last that long though!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
What's the best way to clean this green stuff off the window seals?
Toothbrush and APC?

Attachments

• 20210321_094101.jpg
    20210321_094101.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 34

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You don't want anything too soft brush wise but not too hard. Good brush with APC and get the PW on it.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I like Perl because it easily as good and the dozen or so other tyre dressings I’ve used and it’s bloody cheap because of how much you can dilute down to use as a tyre dressing.

Clio 2.0 138hp
What's the best way to clean this green stuff off the window seals?
Toothbrush and APC?
Use apc and brush like everyone else said. But then roll the window down all the way and use cloth to clean the rubber from the inside. Otherwise when you put the window back up you will notice loads of green in behind the glass

Reactions: riz
Re APC / G101 what ratio would you use for say the algae @riz is trying to sort, 10:1 (water to G101) ?

Someone said a few pages back it can be dangerous and put me off a little bit using it?

Anything to avoid doing?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Re APC / G101 what ratio would you use for say the algae @riz is trying to sort, 10:1 (water to G101) ?

Someone said a few pages back it can be dangerous and put me off a little bit using it?

Anything to avoid doing?

I start at 10:1 with G101 most of the time.

Not dangerous but just don't let it dry on.

Civic type r fk8
Used bilt hamber auto foam today ,was around 3% pir (says can be used between 1 and 5% ) was far better than polar blast and has anti corrosion properties, I've only used these two snow foams but happy with bilt hamber

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Used bilt hamber auto foam today ,was around 3% pir (says can be used between 1 and 5% ) was far better than polar blast and has anti corrosion properties, I've only used these two snow foams but happy with bilt hamber

I bought some Polar Blast on Saturday!!!😂
Much foamier than auto foam and dwell time was great, cleaning seemed nearly as good.

Funnily enough the foam stayed on my drive for a few hours

Civic type r fk8
I bought some Polar Blast on Saturday!!!😂
Much foamier than auto foam and dwell time was great, cleaning seemed nearly as good.

Funnily enough the foam stayed on my drive for a few hours
Haha , your findings similar to mine ,test of snow foams on the forensic detailing channel showsed rust when left on bare metal and none with bilt hamber .
Watch from around 6:30

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Any recommendations for a quick detailer? I'm not sure if that's the right product... I'm after something where after a wash, then a weeks driving, I can spend 15 minutes on a very quick spruce up at the weekend (mainly on wheels, but all over if possible)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
In fairness depending on the condition of the car and paint it might not be that bad really.

Grab some infinity wax rapid detailer. Excel detailing supplies or Infinity direct

Reactions: riz

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Any recommendations for a quick detailer? I'm not sure if that's the right product... I'm after something where after a wash, then a weeks driving, I can spend 15 minutes on a very quick spruce up at the weekend (mainly on wheels, but all over if possible)

Infinity Rapid detailer is great. If it's a bit dirtier then Optimum No Rinse maybe an option

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Cheers I'll have a look. I used to have one with my previous car but can't remember what it was, think it may have been AF Finale. I only do about 55 miles per week, no motorway driving etc. so a quick spruce up every now and then works for me... certainly didn't do my previous car any (visual) harm!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Always fancied getting a rupes machine. Not that I machine on a regular basis. I just think they are a really good machine.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Ha ha fair enough. Easy enough to use. Just get a decent pad and polish etc. Makes the most difference.

Looking about they all look the same will just be the motor quality that differs etc. For 100 a das would be fine imo.

Check out the one on mitchell and king. I think they claim to have the most powerful da. Pretty sure it's around 120

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I have an autobrite 12da thing. Did a deal on my brand new vertool.

Looks a bit meh, newness has worn off. But it's spot on.

Dont forget to factor in the price of all the pads you'll need, if two stage correction, thats potentially two different hardnesses..
And then the number of each pad..ive not stretched/had the balls to do a full car yet (only played on scrap door) but they say more pads are better otherwise you'll be stopping to wash out the pad as it becomes loaded with product?