ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Glass polish is great but it's a speed thing imo. Glass polish requires a bit of effort.

The right removal cloth seems the important part or 3m foam

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Glass polish is great but it's a speed thing imo. Glass polish requires a bit of effort.

The right removal cloth seems the important part or 3m foam

I’ve tried the 3m foam with the recommended waffle cloth and while it was good it wasn’t great. Plus after about 3 uses the nozzle got blocked which pissed me right off.

Dooka is still the best spray glass cleaner I’ve used but with real stubborn dirt I’ll definitely be using the Glass polish again.

The rear screen of the Peugeot looks brand new. Worth the extra time to do it.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If it's that bad I always grab some polish. I have a few of them lying around but don't use them much. I've had a tin of 3m in my house for 4 months mate and never and issue. It's an aerosol can? Not a spray.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
If it's that bad I always grab some polish. I have a few of them lying around but don't use them much. I've had a tin of 3m in my house for 4 months mate and never and issue. It's an aerosol can? Not a spray.

Yeah the 3m stuff I had was an aerosol can. Fkn thing got clogged up and stopped working.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Any recommendations for micrifibres?

Normally get the PB Bundle as it saves time and hassle but no stock.

Needing a full set again really as nearly all my last ones are relegated to dirty jobs now

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I’ve got a Karcher K4, and recently my snow foam lance has stopped fitting the handle. It doesn’t push in enough, to allow me to turn it to lock into place. Are there any aftermarket guns/handles that people recommend?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I've ordered this foam gun for a friend of mine recently and I was impressed with the quality.

Do you know if anything is broken? Is it the handle or is it the kardher attachment in the gun itself? The attachment might be easy to replace? Usually just screw a new one in.

Otherwise I'd go for a short trigger with the above foam gun.

Reactions: riz

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've ordered this foam gun for a friend of mine recently and I was impressed with the quality.

Do you know if anything is broken? Is it the handle or is it the kardher attachment in the gun itself? The attachment might be easy to replace? Usually just screw a new one in.

Otherwise I'd go for a short trigger with the above foam gun.

My foam gun seems undamaged and as new. But when you push it into the Karcher gun, it doesnt push in deep enough to allow the foam attachment to twist to lock into place. Even the standard Karcher pressure attachments are hard work getting them in.

The short trigger stuff.. can you still attach the long pressure washer attachments to it?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Any recommendations for micrifibres?

Normally get the PB Bundle as it saves time and hassle but no stock.

Needing a full set again really as nearly all my last ones are relegated to dirty jobs now

I still swear by the yellow Costco ones.

Yeah the yellow Kirkland ones are ok for most jobs.

I'd use a better quality one on premium paintwork mind 😅

Reactions: riz

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
My foam gun seems undamaged and as new. But when you push it into the Karcher gun, it doesnt push in deep enough to allow the foam attachment to twist to lock into place. Even the standard Karcher pressure attachments are hard work getting them in.

The short trigger stuff.. can you still attach the long pressure washer attachments to it?

My old karcher attachments got harder to push in the older they got. I think they must have an o ring inside that gets a bit hard over time.

Give the end a spray in some silicone lubricant.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
How would I attach my snow foam lance which has the Karcher bayonet fitting to this sort of gun?

749C29EC-96C4-4C50-89CB-8DD280E937B0.png

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
No chance of it coming off. Guess i’ll just have to buy a standard cheapo Karcher handle, rather than buying a new handle and snow foam lance.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Tried the grips. It’s about 5 years old and not been cleaned ever, so feels like it’s welded on. Just gonna buy a new Karcher handle and keep that snow foam lance... should work.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
They do come off. We replace hoses etc quite a lot and everything comes apart on pressure washers. Especially for seals.

Kranzle body and fit your own Lance and hoses is always grand! I'm looking for a new pressure washer for at the house during the summer.

Might buy the Titan with metal pump out of Screwfix. They always seem solid and I refuse to buy a kranzle for 3 days I'll use it as the house.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
No chance of it coming off. Guess i’ll just have to buy a standard cheapo Karcher handle, rather than buying a new handle and snow foam lance.

That yellow thing shouldn't be in the karcher but in the cannon

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Does this come off?

The gun is mangled and doesn’t compress properly.
Maybe best to look into getting a new Karcher gun? Do you know anyone with a Karcher, maybe an idea to try their gun with your attachments?

I removed my Nilfisk adapter in a vise, came off fairly easily and I think the short trigger adapter came with ptfe tape already installed.

Made a big difference in length, I find it ideal around the car.
20210219_130031.jpg

20210219_125336.jpg

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Either way I would get a short handle...
Only problem I find is the karcher original handle is easier to adjust the pressure rather than changing those nozzles

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Been a long time since I used that stuff but it was always super glossy. That jetting you see on the black is sometimes high end wax worthy.

Sheets water very well. Not so much quick but very dry. The product is probably better now than when I used it. Was it in the new packaging?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Guys and gals...

I’m looking for an all in one polish that I can use on a DA. Any recommendations??

I want something that is easy on/off, brings shine and fills a few swirls. (Bad cars will have a proper machine polish) The cars are kept indoors so not worried about longevity.

Autofinesse Triple is not an option. I think it’s absolute garbage.

currently using SRP by hand and whilst I’m happy with the results, if I can get better with something different and Via DA then I’ll gladly give it a go.