ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Are stores low on products at the minute, want to order a couple of bits and can't fine 1 website that has it all.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Are stores low on products at the minute, want to order a couple of bits and can't fine 1 website that has it all.
A little. Lot of pressure washer products were stuck for a bit!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Think I've run out of AF Finale after buying 5l a while back.

What all purpose QD is top of the list at present?

Should really rummage through all my bits and use some up/sell some as don't have the time or love to be using it all.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I just dilute C2v3 with deinoised water as a QD you get the addded bonus with some protection then and always seemed to have done a good enough job.

Gutted I missed this too thanks Facebook spam detection. Entered a Facebook beading shot thing last year and only saw this recently 😔

SmartSelect_20210429-103859_Messenger.jpg

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Think I've run out of AF Finale after buying 5l a while back.

What all purpose QD is top of the list at present?

Should really rummage through all my bits and use some up/sell some as don't have the time or love to be using it all.
Infinity wax rapid detailer!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Project. Started at 10 and still haven't finished and being black never will.

So far.

Snow foamed with bilt hamber auto foam. Superb stuff.

Car chem 1900 shampoo and 2bm.

Roar compound with yellow lake country pad.

Scholl S40 with white pad.

Infinity wax dark glaze and g3 super resin liquid wax.

Arse

IMG_20210501_090118.jpg

IMG_20210501_090456.jpg
IMG_20210501_140925.jpg
IMG_20210501_140938.jpg
IMG_20210501_141000.jpg
IMG_20210501_140947.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
It's brilliant, definitely buy, you won't be disappointed. I bought 5 liters of the stuff after I finished my first bottle.

I think I've seen @Gally mention it once or twice as well;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I can't believe how cheap it is considering it pisses over most branded one. Products like finale etc don't even get close to RD. Backed up by the fact I know the guys make the stuff they sell.

Of all the best products I've used, they are always made at source. I have had many hour conversations with a guy that owns a product
company, they make products for big brands but they sell their own with more basic labels and advertising. The difference in quality of the in house stuff to rebottled is so drastic it's frightening! I was lucky to find this out early, most don't know half the truth.

Anyway I would happily recommend any Infinity wax product without hesitation. Bilt hamber another great example.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I tend to buy stuff, use it a few times and then move on. Ultra rare I keep buying the same thing. Bar srp.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Infinity wax are doing a slight scuffed bottle of there rapid detailer for half price.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Screenshot_20210505_135037_com.android.chrome.jpg

Was close to pulling the trigger but 5 litres would be a waste on me.

Then tried megs Quik Detailer, very nice to use. And bought some bad which will keep me going.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Infinity wax rapid detailer is good. Gives good depth, repels water nicely, seems to last a while and smells delicious. Good value for money I think.

I nearly bought some more but already have 3 bottles still.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I can't get enough of it. I've wiped down prestige cars for 5 years daily and never had one done what RD has done. Pure ease of use and added gloss and slickness. It won't change your life but if you like to wipe down the car after washing which I do every time, it's a no brainer especially at the cost of it.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I can't get enough of it. I've wiped down prestige cars for 5 years daily and never had one done what RD has done. Pure ease of use and added gloss and slickness. It won't change your life but if you like to wipe down the car after washing which I do every time, it's a no brainer especially at the cost of it.

How would you compare it to Sonax BSD?

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I'd say it's easier to use (it flashes off quickly without streaking) and it's slicker on the paint but BSD has superior, longer lasting beading.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
How would you compare it to Sonax BSD?
I never use bsd anymore. So many nicer products out there to use, without the draw backs, maybe without the extra durability at times. 50/50 with bsd might be interesting.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Still ultra impressed with bsd on my fussy ass car. Water behavior and looks are spot on.

Birthday in a couple of weeks so been asked what cleaning stuff I want.

Looked at kkd blizzard or the force one.

Garage therapy decon shampoo

What wheel brush? Ez one?

Anything ekse new to the block that's getting good reviews.

Just bought. Gt sigma, two bmd waxes, odk jet, simple suds. All of someone for a very good price.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I need to go through my stuff and get some stuff sold as I just don't have the time or care to use it all

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I just use BSD as a drying aid now and it seems to work much better that way as using it on dry paint does feel way too grippy. I then finish off with C2v3. That's after every wash so definitely overkill but I don't mind the wasted product. Car is always beading really well so I've not felt the need to steer from that yet. I know black is kind of cheating with reflections but I'm always really happy with the finish results too.

20210425_112256.jpg