ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Perfect Adam. Diluted bsd is a great drying aid. I would try the same with the rapid detailer when drying then c2v3. Also get a bottle of Zaino z8 for black! Insane!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Perfect Adam. Diluted bsd is a great drying aid. I would try the same with the rapid detailer when drying then c2v3. Also get a bottle of Zaino z8 for black! Insane!

Yep got 1 bottle of BSD left so might try the rapid detailer next. I really should get Z8 I had it once but enchanged it for C2v3 because I wanted the durability but this summer the Z8 has got to be worth a try I think.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
SO is a summer choice but every single time I use it on a dark colour it just melts my mind. My colleague used it on a black X5 once and I came back for lunch and i couldn't believe what it looked like for a wipe on product.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I highly recommend trying garage therapy sigma. I over dosed on auto foam to remove some previous protection. Used super suds pH shampoo and srp polish. Two goes with the therapy stuff

IMG_20210514_171451.jpg
IMG-20210514-WA0005.jpeg
IMG_20210514_174433.jpg

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Right, been 10 years since I've picked up my DAS6, but I'm gonna give a couple of cars a going over in next few weeks. What's the latest and greatest pad and polish combo?

Also, does stuff go off? I've got a bottle of black hole that's 10+ years old, is it worth using or just lob it and buy something else?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Right, been 10 years since I've picked up my DAS6, but I'm gonna give a couple of cars a going over in next few weeks. What's the latest and greatest pad and polish combo?

Also, does stuff go off? I've got a bottle of black hole that's 10+ years old, is it worth using or just lob it and buy something else?

Im a big fan of CarPro essence

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I use the in2detailing one. Which seems the same as every other one for the last few years.
It does the job but I wouldn't say it's great, it does leak a bit.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I also bought some of the AG Snowfoam. It's actually pretty good, the dwell time and thickness is decent

Last edited:

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
The same CleanYourCar lance I bought in 2009.

Solid thing, never had to open it up to clean or anything.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

White hexalogic pad or yellow rupes pad in the correct size. Pair with maybe auto finesse triple, can be a little fussy, or dodo lime prime for old school effect or cleanser polish from built hamber, a personal fave.

All with leave you thinking you've corrected the car. Coat of wax or spray wax or something and you're golden.

Das 6 and some glazing/light polishing are what it's all about for me. Amazing results for us amateurs and no drama or expense.

Throw the black hole away.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
So, guys, I need to renew some of my collection.

I want to protect both a dark grey car (almost Gunmetal grey), and a Red one - both brand new.

I do have some stuff in my collection, but I haven't bought any new gear for probably 3 years.

I need:

• DAS-6 pads
  • Cloths
  • Glaze (are they still used)
  • Sealant (again, I'm aware time has moved on so much, so I'm probably out of the loop)

Any brands / sites that I should be aiming for?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Loads and loads of choices mate. Will do a quick list

Pads. Rupes yellow is good for an all in one cutting pad.

Stick with the known makes if you want a dedicated polishing pad.

Kitlrkland towels. £23 for 36, last ages and imo very good

Glazes. My fav is amigo but 50cal, black hole, infinity dark glaze are all very good and easy to use.

Sealant. Wax or spray?

I highly highly highly recommend sigma by garage therapy. Looks awesome on any colours.

Other opinions will of course follow but its a start mate.

Have fun.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
A not very scientific nor pic heavy showing the products but hey.

Garage therapy decon shampoo. Used in a lance (50ml) and roughly 500ml of water. Foamed well and cleaned good. Then used in a wash bucket (65ml). Definetly helps degrade the lsp. Which is what I was aiming for.

Kkd blizzard force snow foam. This is very good. Used roughly 100ml in a lance with 900ml water. Foams great and cleans well. Would buy again..

Angelwax stripped ease. To help remove wax and polishes. Easy to use.

Chemical guys black light. Slight confusion over what it is. I used it as a glaze after srp. Will be waxing with ag uhd tomo.

Few shampoos I've tried.

Odk jet. Pretty decent.
Simplewax suds. Very good.
1900:1 car chem. My favourite.

Tac system ultra foam. This I really liked.

Bought another drying towel. I have one and its ace. But if your looking for maximum absorbency on an untreated car it's not great.

Screenshot_20210530_144825_com.ebay.mobile.jpg