ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I know you post these things to upset my equilibrium. PLease for the love of God don't use that on your black car. My god!

• Haha
Reactions: MLB

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Took the recommendation and got a bottle of Zaino Z8. Not the best pictures as it was starting to get dark. Feels very slick and pretty happy with the shine will be interesting to see how it is with dirt and beading.

20210607_212406-01.jpeg

20210607_212521-01.jpeg

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I may be imagining this, but I used to use a sealant years ago that had anti static properties and genuinely helped to stop dust collecting in the car. M3 gets covered sat on the drive on a busy road and gets a bit tiring having to get everything out to wash it off.

Any recommendations for a sealant or the likes that will help, I'm sure the one I used to use was Finishkare or something

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I just used some ONR as a as and hosed it off. Removed loads of dirt and dust, I couldn't believe it

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Used Infinity Rapid Detailer a bit like you would Hydro2 and its pretty good.

20210608_213434.jpg

That's on the glass roof after an open hose rinse.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
That's on my list of things to buy. I'm on my last bit of Sonax BSD now so going to try that next.

Also need a wheel cleaner I've been using Bilt Hamber Surfex HD followed by Korrosol and I think the Surfex has maybe damaged my wheels or so the company who did the refurb 2 years ago reckon it must be the cleaner and that's all I've used. Looking at trying Autosmart smart wheels and sticking with Korrosol for the baked on stuff if needed unless someone recommends other stuff I'm all ears.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Used Infinity Rapid Detailer a bit like you would Hydro2 and its pretty good.

View attachment 1542538

That's on the glass roof after an open hose rinse.
Haha. My colleague uses it like that aswell! Looks insane gloss! I've never used it like that! He sprays and rinses. Car always looks mental glossy!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Took the recommendation and got a bottle of Zaino Z8. Not the best pictures as it was starting to get dark. Feels very slick and pretty happy with the shine will be interesting to see how it is with dirt and beading.

View attachment 1542377

View attachment 1542378
It's not a modern product. It's about show looks for a week or 2. Nothing, except maybe swissvax BOS, looks like z8 on black. Does something crazy on it!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Haha. My colleague uses it like that aswell! Looks insane gloss! I've never used it like that! He sprays and rinses. Car always looks mental glossy!

I wanted to give it a final wipedown but light got away from me, Might try and do it in the morning if it's not too hot too early.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I need to try it on mine. He does it all the time on a black car.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
20210609_074212.jpg

Quick wipe over with Infinity RD before it gets too hot, This car is in desperate need of a full decon and paint correction.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Looks really good that. I just ordered 5L of their limited edition banana rapid detailer. It says they've increased 2 of the ingredients by 50% and it's more of a sealant detail spray. Basically what it was before I thought so not sure what ingredients they've actually changed.

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
I may be imagining this, but I used to use a sealant years ago that had anti static properties and genuinely helped to stop dust collecting in the car. M3 gets covered sat on the drive on a busy road and gets a bit tiring having to get everything out to wash it off.

Any recommendations for a sealant or the likes that will help, I'm sure the one I used to use was Finishkare or something

This’ll be the one.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

This’ll be the one.
FK have a patent on some of their products, it will help but not as much as you may think. I love FK. Honest as the day is long, slick, glossy and a massive bottle for the money. My first ever quick detailer over 10 years ago.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
might sound like a silly one but wash mitts. Picked up an 'Incredi Mitt' recently and damn its the nuts. Ive got about 13 'hand in' mitts some wool some meguiars white ones. This one smashes it out the park. Holds way more suds and just feels safe. Would recommend!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
I use the Noodle mitt from Amazon. Cheap (£4) and works spot on.

I've used pads etc before but prefer these

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
yeah, was a bit of a gamble but I had to meet a minimum order at Slims so just thought why not. Was well impressed. Should be good for like £12 but I was really impressed tbh. Wool ones dont seem to hold suds very well. That said, they were about £1.50 each haha

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I've got an incredimitt as well and they are really good, did start cause incredible marring after a couple of years though so now replaced by an Adam's wash pad which holds even more water.

Can recommend the incrediflair wheel mitt and the crazy pile as well.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Can anyone on here recommend a decent cordless polisher without paying stupid money. Even a spot polisher would do would just be handy to have one for small jobs wouldn't be polishing the whole car with it.

Was looking at this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08CNKL6KM/?tag=cliospnet01-21

The Carbon Collective version is a copy of that I believe.

They seems popular and with decent reviews, so you won't go far wrong.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds good if that's the case I'll get it bought. Probably next month though now already spanked £200 on car cleaning stuff this month. (Oops)

On that note tried the IW rapid detailer neat on dry paint yesterday and didn't really rate it used like that it seemed to flash too quick and didn't buff off easily although the hot weather probably isn't helping there. Maybe it's worse with the banana version I got but I'll stick to using it as a drying aid or maybe even try diluting it a bit.

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
I've done some detailing, but only on a very new car that was more maintaining and not introducing scratches. My RB Clio is unfortunately quite badly swirled from 17 years of dodgy washes by the look of it, and it bright summer light like we've got at the minute it's painfully obvious to me. I think the best course of action will be using a cutting compound then polishing up, but correct me if I'm wrong.
I've got a machine polisher, but it's a cheap Silverline thing with a big 240mm pad and it doesn't look like they make specific cutting pads in that size, will I be fine with just a standard polishing bonnet with a cutting compound or is a proper cutting pad a strict necessity?
I'm planning to give the car a pass with a clay bar/mitt, then use Meguiar's ultimate compound for the cut and then a final pass with Fusso Coat Soft 99.

Another question too, I've only got Fusso dark, RB is obviously not a dark colour, but when I did some research when I bought it, people were saying that there isn't really a difference between the dark and light versions. Is that correct or is that a henious detailing sin?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone used a decent iron remover recently. Is the trolls breath, dragons toe, alien spit any good..

Seem good value, not if they are poor.

Clio 2.0 138hp
Anyone used a decent iron remover recently. Is the trolls breath, dragons toe, alien spit any good..

Seem good value, not if they are poor.
I wouldn't bother personally. They do work but you have to use loads of product. Must be heavily diluted. For the amount you have to use, its more cost effective to buy a decent product.
And they smell awful.
Buy Bilt Hamber and be done with it

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I have half a litre bottle left. May give the autobrite purple rain one a blast. I can get it through 'work'