ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
The car lasted about half a day with this shocking weather we're having

View attachment 1557557

Car is looking great! Think the weather in North Wales missed a memo..

20210914_191302.jpg

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be honest, only thing I've used is a good angle and a filter ;)

Last wash was 23rd of August with only a wipe down of Zaino Z8 just after I got your bottle. It seems to be keeping it fairly clean though, impressed with the finish.

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2
Is there anything that can be used to dress/revive rubber mats without leaving them sticky or slippy ? My works car park is gopping at times so gave up on carpets years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I think the toilet brush ez with the mini one is the best combo. The bigger ones don't get between the calipers anyway. Woolies are fine but anytime I've used them I end up back to ez.

Maybe good for new black wheels.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Best trim restorer?

Used Autoglym Bumper and Trim gel for years but sick of having to apply it every time I wash the Clio. Want something longer lasting but not fiddly to apply like the Gtechniq stuff.

I wouldn’t say C4 is fiddly to apply. Just make sure the trim is completely free from contamination, splash a few drops on a pad or microfibre and apply to the trim.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Stolen from detailing world.
@Karlos182

There is a thread on there for members who are willing to post items they don't use anymore or are happy to share. Just cover postage and away you go.

Is that something people would consider on here. I've done it a couple of times.

BMW 320d SE
Stolen from detailing world.
@Karlos182

There is a thread on there for members who are willing to post items they don't use anymore or are happy to share. Just cover postage and away you go.

Is that something people would consider on here. I've done it a couple of times.
I'm a bit lost as to why I've been tagged, but it seems like a mighty fine idea for anyone with surplus detailing stuff they no longer use.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is there anything that can be used to dress/revive rubber mats without leaving them sticky or slippy ? My works car park is gopping at times so gave up on carpets years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spray them with APC, scrub, jetwash.
Whilst still wet, spray Autoglym vinyl and rubber dressing over it. A medium mist, not loads.
Leave to dry in the sun. Wipe excess off with a towel.
will look like braaannnnnd new.

this is the floor I did in a 180,000 mile builders van…

E625CB9C-E9E9-4C8E-947D-90D2616F89DD.jpeg
008DE7CB-3D82-42E4-B8C9-5416DDBD9B67.jpeg
BF873822-6E81-4007-BC4B-90714E41E378.jpeg
EEF4424E-F0E4-416E-A82F-B8CC4216104E.jpeg

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone have any recommendations for glass, the windscreen on the Clio I have just got is pretty scratched up. Any ideas for a glass polish?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Does anyone have any recommendations for glass, the windscreen on the Clio I have just got is pretty scratched up. Any ideas for a glass polish?
Honestly speaking, dont bother. Glass polsihing is an absolute nightmare. Its about the only thing I wouldnt attempt detailing wise and ive given most things a go. If it really bothers you and you have windscreen cover, you may have to have an 'accident'.....

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Just FYI lads, CarChem are doing 5x 100ml sample bottles for £10 plus P&P. £13 delivered. Bargain if you wanna give them a try. Got myself some snow foam, water spot remover, 1900:1 super suds, 1900:1 standard and interior smell remover thingy

MLB

ClioSport Club Member

You could try carpro ceriglass and some felt pads on a machine, but as mentioned above it's not going to improve much and is a lot of work with the risk of damaging and replacing anyway. Best to get it replaced if it's bothering you too much.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Anyone tried the MadCow stuff plastered all over FB?

Ordered their £25 deal which is 5L Shampoo, QD, Spray Sealant and 1L Fallout remover. Not holding much hope being so cheap but be good to see if anyones tried it

497adam

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 172 phase 2

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone tried the MadCow stuff plastered all over FB?

Ordered their £25 deal which is 5L Shampoo, QD, Spray Sealant and 1L Fallout remover. Not holding much hope being so cheap but be good to see if anyones tried it

I've only used the shampoo and honestly it was one of the most underwhelming experiences I've had in a while, wash feeling was mediocre, smell was awfully sweet. Rushed through the 500ml bottle using it for wheel washes. No first hand experience with the rest but a good friend has tried most of their range and sold it on quite quickly.

Not bad for £25, but I'd rather use something more expensive that I'd enjoy using.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I've only used the shampoo and honestly it was one of the most underwhelming experiences I've had in a while, wash feeling was mediocre, smell was awfully sweet. Rushed through the 500ml bottle using it for wheel washes. No first hand experience with the rest but a good friend has tried most of their range and sold it on quite quickly.

Not bad for £25, but I'd rather use something more expensive that I'd enjoy using.
Thats totally fair. I dont have high hopes tbh and the 5L of shampoo will just go to wheel shampoo. Might even use the QD as a wheel topper. Just renegate the whole lot to wheels 🤣.

The foam on si02 might be ok for winter as a top up though. Not found a bad one of them yet....he says before trying this one 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: MLB

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Surfex hd concentration is 1-2%?
That doesn't seem alot (150ml) in a 5litre pump sprayer?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Anyone interested in a vehicle dryer?

Had my Metrovac Air Force Blaster for years now but swapped to a Blo hand held.

Retail over £200 now, so I'd let it go for £100.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
QDX Graphene leaves such an awesome finish. So slick...
Super slick gloss on a subtle colour.

Can't wait to try their new supergloss spray wax thing they are bringing out. Like a waxed look! Not sure how easy the use will be, knowing IW, it will be easy...