ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Have got this one or very similar. It's not the incredimitt one. Wether they are worlds apart quality wise.

Screenshot_20220107_212758_com.android.chrome.jpg

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I've got one of those blue ones it's great. Same as the Gtechniq red and white ones.

That noodle thing looks like a Poundland special.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I have the incredimitt and the Gtechniq one and the Gtechniq one insides are starting to deteriorate. Feels like the inner lining is starting to separate. Still does a good job but I've used the incredimitt and Gtechniq one equally and the incredimitt is as good as new so I guess even though some look the same the quality may not be as good. Considering I've had them both 3 years now I wouldn't be bothered at the cost of buying them again. The incredimitt is also noticeably more bulky and thicker than the Gtechniq one.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
I've just ran out of AutoGlym shampoo, so might order this

I like their 1900. Bought 5litres a while back in obd of their sales. Dont need much, like 30ml ish. Would buy again.

Have got tac systems mystic. Which again is really economical in use.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Can anyone recommend a product to easily get off company logo/stickers from a car?

Also best process?

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Many many approaches. Id be inclined to be going for the hairdryer/tar and glue remover one. The less contact the better. Most likely to need a damn good polish after too.

Weirdly, one of the guys is doing just this as we speak on one of our vans thats going up for sale shortly.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Many many approaches. Id be inclined to be going for the hairdryer/tar and glue remover one. The less contact the better. Most likely to need a damn good polish after too.

Weirdly, one of the guys is doing just this as we speak on one of our vans thats going up for sale shortly.

Cheers. Think i’ve got some auto finesse tar remover somewhere so will try that.

Unlucky-Racing

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I have multiple issues today....

1) I've gone a bit crazy with the ordering of stuff the month and this missus works from home. Think I'm gonna be sleeping with it all in the garage.
2) I dropped one of my drying towels. Tried washing it with ValetPro microfibre wash but it still has bits of leaf and debris in the weave. Worth trying to save or shall I just cut my losses and bin it?

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I have multiple issues today....

1) I've gone a bit crazy with the ordering of stuff the month and this missus works from home. Think I'm gonna be sleeping with it all in the garage.
2) I dropped one of my drying towels. Tried washing it with ValetPro microfibre wash but it still has bits of leaf and debris in the weave. Worth trying to save or shall I just cut my losses and bin it?

Try vacuuming it 😂

I'd probably demote it to a more dirty job.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Just bought some marigolds extra strong for cleaning the cars in the cold weather, the nitrile ones just weren't cutting it.

Need to get some pics of the 182 and a project thread started as one of the first things I want to do it go at it with the wet and dry and the DA to tidy up the bodywork!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Just bought some marigolds extra strong for cleaning the cars in the cold weather, the nitrile ones just weren't cutting it.

Need to get some pics of the 182 and a project thread started as one of the first things I want to do it go at it with the wet and dry and the DA to tidy up the bodywork!
Always buy a couple of packs of Marigolds from Wilko for that exact reason. Not much warmer though

Unlucky-Racing

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
People actually clean their car at this time of year?

Best time! No worrying about products drying too quick and plenty to clean so way more satisfying. Cold water... not so fun.

Try vacuuming it 😂

I'd probably demote it to a more dirty job.

I'm an idiot because it's not even an expensive one but seems such a waste. Tried vacuuming it with a brush attachment but they're really stuck in the fibres. Only way is to pick them out with my nails but they're never ending. I'm gonna retire it I think.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Absolutely hate any form of cleaning cars now days.. and can’t remember the last time I waxed a car. A general clean, AF Tripple and a pink Poor boys wax. Quite enjoyed it in this weather to be fair. Not bad considering it has sat for pretty much two years.

3AB12473-32C4-4011-BB48-5CAF95866E3C.jpeg
E7356B2D-E7E3-47BE-B770-8E813221B6CC.jpeg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely hate any form of cleaning cars now days.. and can’t remember the last time I waxed a car. A general clean, AF Tripple and a pink Poor boys wax. Quite enjoyed it in this weather to be fair. Not bad considering it has sat for pretty much two years.

View attachment 1575712View attachment 1575713

Ask your mum to pop round, don't mind throwing the polisher on it ❤️

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Incredible what you can get out a black finish. You're car is hardly a standard finish but blackhole on a shitty black car via machine will transform it!