ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah bilt hamber is also very good. Haven't tried many as tbh they are quite expensive. That and you don't need to do it too often.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
It tried the foam or the rinse aid yet.

But happy with the detail spray, shine shampoo and fallout remover. The tyre shine is pretty good too

Unlucky-Racing

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I've had an interesting interaction this week....

Beginning of the month I ordered some EZ Car Care bits in one of their many sales. Mainly because I have quite a few 5L containers but very few 1L bottles (can't stand using the little 500ml). I wanted all my bottles to match and their 'Pro' bottles are decent quality. The kit they had on offer made it worth buying the 1L Pro Bottle kit with product in rather than empty bottles, so that's what I did.

Turns out they have a shortage of 1L bottles and they sent me multiple 500ml. Annoying as I didn't want 500ml bottles and they don't fit my bottle holders / look crap. So I emailed and complained and got a generic automated message back. I also put a post up on the facebook page... this was met by a 'tough luck' post by one of their employees and all of their cult following flaming me for daring to question the brand and being ungrateful. All because I was annoyed I didn't get the thing I ordered and they hadn't at any point communicated with me that I wouldn't get what I ordered.

Anyway long story short.... because of the bad attitude I put in a PayPal claim. Even in that they were rude and just expected me to drop the claim and suck it up that my order wasn't what I wanted. Thankfully PayPal went in my favour and I now have a full refund AND the products. Anddddd thats the last time I order from them again.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i

Beginning of the month I ordered some EZ Car Care bits in one of their many sales. Mainly because I have quite a few 5L containers but very few 1L bottles (can't stand using the little 500ml). I wanted all my bottles to match and their 'Pro' bottles are decent quality. The kit they had on offer made it worth buying the 1L Pro Bottle kit with product in rather than empty bottles, so that's what I did.

Turns out they have a shortage of 1L bottles and they sent me multiple 500ml. Annoying as I didn't want 500ml bottles and they don't fit my bottle holders / look crap. So I emailed and complained and got a generic automated message back. I also put a post up on the facebook page... this was met by a 'tough luck' post by one of their employees and all of their cult following flaming me for daring to question the brand and being ungrateful. All because I was annoyed I didn't get the thing I ordered and they hadn't at any point communicated with me that I wouldn't get what I ordered.

Anyway long story short.... because of the bad attitude I put in a PayPal claim. Even in that they were rude and just expected me to drop the claim and suck it up that my order wasn't what I wanted. Thankfully PayPal went in my favour and I now have a full refund AND the products. Anddddd thats the last time I order from them again.
Firstly, what a crock of s**t.

Secondly, well done you.

WTF has happened with some companies these days? You ordered the 1L variety. At least ASK before sending out 2x 500ml bottles. Like you, I'd have been like 'this isnt what I wanted or paid for'.

Im honestly only a part of the EZ group on FB for the mongs. Some of the guys on there are truly tragic. Im usually one that wants to help people as I had a tonne of help when I first started out my 'detailing' journey but that lot are so above anything else I dont bother now. You try and offer someone some advice and immediately get flamed down. Its bonkers.

Oh, and most of their chemicals are pants. Overpriced (relative to what you receive) too

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Aren't EZ dog s**t? All I hear is people taking the mick out of them on the Detailing Central page on FB.
I was probably a bit unfair on them on my previous comment.

Theyre OK.

But thats the long and short of it. Most of their chemicals are diluted within an inch of their life.
E.g - Their Fallout remover. At a guess, I need 3x as much EZ as I do something like Red7 from Autosmart.

Ive used a few of their products. Geo Gel was alright (although people get wet willies about it on the FB group), One of their shampoos was, again, alright.

Its just average at best. Probably fine if you wanted to set up a valeting firm but for my own car, I honestly wont be buying from them again.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member

Seems they need to learn the customer is always right. s**t customer service is never a benefit and now they've lost you and me as a customer and hopefully some more too.

clio_ross

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Your fallout remover.

1. Stinks.
2. Works really well.
@Hxrry would just like to second this one; ordered this a few weeks ago and finally got round to trying it at the weekend, worked really well, so i’m very pleased with it. However, my wife says the smell is still stuck in her nose and we’re now 4 days on from using it….didn’t bother me whatsoever though 😂

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Your fallout remover.

1. Stinks.
2. Works really well.

I think this is true for all of the fallout removers!

When I used Bilt Hammer Auto Wheels I could smell it for about a week outside.
I stored it in my shed but it stunk that out!
Now it's relegated to the bottom of the garden behind a plant pot where I don't smell it anymore :ROFLMAO:

Unlucky-Racing

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I was probably a bit unfair on them on my previous comment.

Theyre OK.

But thats the long and short of it. Most of their chemicals are diluted within an inch of their life.
E.g - Their Fallout remover. At a guess, I need 3x as much EZ as I do something like Red7 from Autosmart.

Ive used a few of their products. Geo Gel was alright (although people get wet willies about it on the FB group), One of their shampoos was, again, alright.

Its just average at best. Probably fine if you wanted to set up a valeting firm but for my own car, I honestly wont be buying from them again.

I use them for stuff like citrus pre wash which I buy in bulk and go through quickly. I also like their deflector shield for a quick bit of protection. They’re so cheap it’s worth giving some of their stuff a go and if it’s crap I don’t reorder. Generally most of their stuff is pretty good.

Agree their fallout remover (even though they’ve changed it) is pants.

But yeah, customer service costs nothing. I was told something along the lines of “are we meant to update our website every time we have to change something” erm… we’ll yea you do.

I would have cancelled my order had I known or if they had a lead time of when they’d be back in stock I would have waited.

Hxrry

so-wax.com
ClioSport Trader
@Hxrry would just like to second this one; ordered this a few weeks ago and finally got round to trying it at the weekend, worked really well, so i’m very pleased with it. However, my wife says the smell is still stuck in her nose and we’re now 4 days on from using it….didn’t bother me whatsoever though 😂

Appreciate that! I have knocked over a few too many bottles in the unit and the stink lingers for a long (long long long) time!!

Glad to hear you liked the product though! How are you finding the products?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
I used EZ once, ordered some bits took over two weeks to arrive... I was 20minutes down the road. They are crap!

Also who is using 20 pads? never heard of compressed air and a damp bucket?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Just used Gyeon Interior and one of those scrub pads I posted. Epic stuff albeit pricy.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I haven't really used a bad gyeon product. Decent brand. Need more can coat but you Kants have convinced me to get more c2 v3!

I always thought it was just marketing hype, to a degree that helps but everything I've tried has been good.

Cancoat is really good.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I haven't really used a bad gyeon product. Decent brand. Need more can coat but you Kants have convinced me to get more c2 v3!

They got a new sealant coming out on 4th I believe. Be interesting to see if it's new ceramic or an updated version of C2v3. Also updated their G wash too.

Reactions: riz

andy_coops

ClioSport Club Member
  172, VRS, Clio 5
I used EZ once, ordered some bits took over two weeks to arrive... I was 20minutes down the road. They are crap!

Also who is using 20 pads? never heard of compressed air and a damp bucket?
That’ll be me.

I don’t have a compressor hence using lots of pads 👍

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Decided to go for Cancoat Evo this time round. Great price for the type of product and still easy to use. Similar to how I put supergloss Spray Wax on.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Sonax perfect finish. On offer at amazon at £12 for 250ml. Don't think I've used this but supposed to be very good?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's a tremendous polish. On a yellow rupes pad. Lovely stuff.

Menzerna 3 in 1 also very good after recent testing.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
For 12 delivered (amazon) its worth a blast. Cheapest anyway and get it tomo.

I have a couple of the menzerna polishes which are very nice.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Harry's snow foam

IMG_20220403_113637.jpg
IMG_20220403_113646.jpg
IMG_20220403_113657.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Nice going to be getting that Flex PXE 80 this month. Need to find some good 3" and 1" pads. Probably just going to use it with finishing pads and a glaze first but no idea what pads are good. When I had the Das 6 I used chem guys hex pads but they don't do 3". Anyone got any suggestions? Few patches might need to be hit with a bit of polish too. Way out the loop with this stuff these days.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Nice going to be getting that Flex PXE 80 this month. Need to find some good 3" and 1" pads. Probably just going to use it with finishing pads and a glaze first but no idea what pads are good. When I had the Das 6 I used chem guys hex pads but they don't do 3". Anyone got any suggestions? Few patches might need to be hit with a bit of polish too. Way out the loop with this stuff these days.

Microfibre cutting pads from Lake Country/Meguiars if it's bad paint.

Yellow Rupes pad and Sonax Perfect Finish for everything else.

Maybe a white Rupes pad if you just want to use a glaze.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers paint is actually really good condition still from when it was detailed professionally a few years back. It's just picked up the odd mark in a few areas like the rear bumper boot lid area. Swirl wise it's kept up very well so a glaze would be more than enough for the majority.

Had seen the meguiars and lake country pads and been eyeing up the 3M ones. I'll check out the others too. An all in 1 type polish would probably be sufficient for the worst marks too.