ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Any washpad recommendations?

Mine have bits in them
Love the Incredimitt (can't remember brand maybe dodo).

Hold so much water and I like being able to flip the pad to do 2 panels before going back to the buckets.

Think I've got 2 or 3 of them now. Always reach for them first

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Love the Incredimitt (can't remember brand maybe dodo).

Hold so much water and I like being able to flip the pad to do 2 panels before going back to the buckets.

Think I've got 2 or 3 of them now. Always reach for them first

Are they all the same. All the companies do the same looking thing?

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Both I've used I'm going to get the new gwash when my reset runs out though.

Also the incredimitt and wm2 from Gtechniq are my 2 favourite mitts. I bought one of the cheaper versions and it's just not the same.

I’ve never tried gwash. Think I’ll get some ordered when I run out of current stock.

@Adamm. yiu coming to CSF?

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Just found this in a Mystery box & its Really good.

Also used Adams Shampoo again, really good stuff especially in the sun. Wasn't using it properly with the dilution ratios etc.
Just used to squiggle a bit at the bottom of a bucket but it needs 30ml!!!🤣

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Both I've used I'm going to get the new gwash when my reset runs out though.

Also the incredimitt and wm2 from Gtechniq are my 2 favourite mitts. I bought one of the cheaper versions and it's just not the same.

Yeah I had an Incredimitt years ago and now using the Gyeon one, which feels a bit better having slightly thicker foam inside.

Might try the Gtechniq one next as that looks similar to the Gyeon but a fair bit cheaper.

I've seen that new Gtechniq shampoo too with the SiO2. Bit hesitant to try it though as I've tried Gyeon's Bathe+ and didn't like it at all tbh.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Infinity Wax Pure Shampoo is also great. Dilutes well and 5l is very cheap per use.

I bought my 5l at the end of 2020 and I've still got a little bit left (I also have 3 cars to look after)

Reactions: riz

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
20220709_094735.jpg
20220709_094724.jpg
20220709_094718.jpg
20220709_094703.jpg
20220709_094650.jpg
20220709_094641.jpg
20220709_094614.jpg
20220709_094554.jpg
20220709_094627.jpg

Some infinity wax love on my brother's new car (he gets it for an insane price through Ford) what a car though, love it even more than a Fiesta ST, just wants to be a hooligan.

Anyway the usual fair, glazed with dark glaze as the car had been polished professional only a few weeks ago for showroom, then finished with supergloss+ wax. Gyeon tire used on the tired and diamond vision on the glass. Looks alright for a couple of hours work.
20220709_094620.jpg

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I had an Incredimitt years ago and now using the Gyeon one, which feels a bit better having slightly thicker foam inside.

Might try the Gtechniq one next as that looks similar to the Gyeon but a fair bit cheaper.

I've seen that new Gtechniq shampoo too with the SiO2. Bit hesitant to try it though as I've tried Gyeon's Bathe+ and didn't like it at all tbh.

I find the Gtechniq mitt a bit thinner than the incredimitt if that's anything to go by. The inside does seem to have deteriorated a bit too but it's still perfectly usable. I like to use both but I feel the incredimitt is a bit more bulky and more weaved/plush so I tend to use that on the lower panels and the Gtechniq one on the roof etc. You get a better feel with the Gtechniq one so it's better around the window trims and door mirrors etc.

Yeah the si02 gwash does concern me a bit as I don't want it leaving smears and I use a mix of Sonax BSD and IW rapid detailer as a drying aid so not really necessary but apparently they've changed the formula of their normal wash too. Someone like me is probably not going to notice a difference mind.

I’ve never tried gwash. Think I’ll get some ordered when I run out of current stock.

@Adamm. yiu coming to CSF?

Afraid not mate kind of wish I'd made plans too now though but I'm working the Saturday. Could do with the break tbh but nevermind. Will make sure I save the date for next year.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I had a sample of G Wash from a kit that Gtech did ages ago.

Never really rated it tbh. Loads of people like it but just didn't really do it for me.

Carpro reset is where its at. Still my fav shampoo by a stretch. Just a shame it's so 'strong' for maintenance washes

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I find the Gtechniq mitt a bit thinner than the incredimitt if that's anything to go by. The inside does seem to have deteriorated a bit too but it's still perfectly usable. I like to use both but I feel the incredimitt is a bit more bulky and more weaved/plush so I tend to use that on the lower panels and the Gtechniq one on the roof etc. You get a better feel with the Gtechniq one so it's better around the window trims and door mirrors etc.

Yeah the si02 gwash does concern me a bit as I don't want it leaving smears and I use a mix of Sonax BSD and IW rapid detailer as a drying aid so not really necessary but apparently they've changed the formula of their normal wash too. Someone like me is probably not going to notice a difference mind.

Afraid not mate kind of wish I'd made plans too now though but I'm working the Saturday. Could do with the break tbh but nevermind. Will make sure I save the date for next year.

See you next year then! 🍺🍺🍺

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Tbh I was really on the fence about reset.

It always performed amazingly and being able to foam it on through a lance was lush in the winter!

But, I was having issues with it degrading LSP's. That said, this was a while back and I was also using BH AF at a probably far too high dilution ratio which, come to think of it, was probably the issue 😆

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Anyone after a cheap ish rotary, works as it should.

IMG_20220711_090230.jpg

£40 delivered. Comes with the 3 polishing pads too.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I wondered why I had next to no protection on my bmw the other day. I've been using reset too.

Is it really that strong?! I was using about 2 to 3 caps per wash

Yeah I use 3 caps in a 20L bucket.

It does seem to strip light protection like waxes and wet coat type products, but it won't remove ceramic coatings.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Here's the blurb from Carpro:

Reset Shampoo was developed as the perfect partner to nanotechnology sealants and coatings with cleaning properties tailored to their unique needs.

Reset utilizes intelligent pH surfactants, which feature the strength of an alkaline cleaner whilst remaining pH-neutral in solution. This helps to break down dirt and traffic films in order to maintain the coating’s hydrophobicity.

Dilute 1:500 (40mL of Reset per 20L of water / 1.35 FL OZ per 5 gallons).

So it's not meant to strip coatings.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I've not had reset strip coatings even just quick detailers with si02 in them. Maybe it's certain waxes? I don't even measure either and I almost certainly overuse it. Even more reason to get gwash when I'm out though just to be on the safe side.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I wondered why I had next to no protection on my bmw the other day. I've been using reset too.

Is it really that strong?! I was using about 2 to 3 caps per wash
Glad it's not just me going mental.

I did create or post on a pretty long and boring thread on detailingworld about it. I got plenty of feedback saying it did strip some lsp and plenty saying it didn't.

From what I can gather, it's specifically designed to 'revive' ceramic coatings which, I'd guess, need a more thorough clean than a standard paint with 'just' an Si02 topper.

Either way it's banging stuff but will mean more top ups of protection

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Glad it's not just me going mental.

I did create or post on a pretty long and boring thread on detailingworld about it. I got plenty of feedback saying it did strip some lsp and plenty saying it didn't.

From what I can gather, it's specifically designed to 'revive' ceramic coatings which, I'd guess, need a more thorough clean than a standard paint with 'just' an Si02 topper.

Either way it's banging stuff but will mean more top ups of protection

At least you know you're getting a clean car

That's the way I see it 😂

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
At least you know you're getting a clean car

That's the way I see it 😂
I totally agree with that!

I was on the fence about this for ages and I still do flick from one side to the other. But Forensic Detailing Jon did a good video on it.

The way he explained it was you're better off using a strong pre wash / shampoo to give tbe paint a properly good clean than to be worried about 'damaging' an LSP. Its better to strip off a lsp and just reapply it again.

Then again, I do get pished off when I've just laid down a really nice spray wax only for it to get battered the following week 😆

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I've also got a few Infinity ones too, that I haven't used!!!

If you want to make me an offer