ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Detailing Chat & Questions Thread

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Black cars suck ass. Took a 13 astra in part ex which drives supery but swirl city.

View attachment 1629755View attachment 1629756View attachment 1629757
I had the Joy of this X6 last week. Spent 3 days on it. 😂
If it was silver I would have just washed it and sent it on its way.
6411A789-BDD9-4168-90BF-E2F1FB9E4280.jpeg

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Thats a Great colour to put right. I've just bought a white qashqai to flirt in, perfect colour. Tbf it's in amazing condition

Attachments

• 20230125_134841.jpg
    20230125_134841.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 31
  • 20230125_134852.jpg
    20230125_134852.jpg
    6.7 MB · Views: 35
  • 20230125_134925.jpg
    20230125_134925.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 30

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Quick Question - My 182 has just had some panels painted and been machined polished. How long should I leave it before I send it in for exterior detailing?
As long as physically possible. I left mine a year. 😂

as long as it’s in a dry (any damp will f**k it) storage place, a couple of weeks would be fine.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
As long as physically possible. I left mine a year. 😂

as long as it’s in a dry (any damp will f**k it) storage place, a couple of weeks would be fine.
I'm with Daniel for this, we do leave restorations aslong as possible but similar to Dan we build them over a longer period so great time to cure.

Minimum 2 weeks for me, I would leave it 4 if you are ceramic coating just to play safe.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
A while back I started reaching out to friends to do some valeting/detailing for them as a bit of a side hustle.

You could say things have been going well. I only get time around running the store but I do really enjoy it.

Yesterday was peak for me. Ill let the results speak for themselves....

20230131_142553.jpg
20230131_142927.jpg
20230131_150704.jpg
20230131_1059331.jpg
20230131_1059451.jpg
20230131_1302591.jpg
20230131_1424271.jpg

Was a good un'

Didnt have hours and hours to do it as I was a little time restricted. I also had to do multiple hits of T&G on the rear boot lid, bumper, and NS rear quarter. God knows what it was, but I have a sneaking suspicion it was garage door grease splattering on it. Gross.

Lovely car, lovely chap who I know quite well and he now wants me once a month. Loves driving it, hates cleaning it! Ker-Ching!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
1675445716168.png

aaaaand detailingworld comes in clutch again.

Been wanting a small polisher as a side-kick to my trusty DA. Spotted this, only been used twice and got it for a bargain. Perfect for intricate areas, quickly sorting out gloss black sections and even headlights if I so wished.

Winner!

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Looks decent. Are they still available to buy - Got a link?

£205 for just the body!

This chap used it once (or so he says...) last year and not again since. He is testing it before sending it which is good and im covered by paypal in case it is junk.

Really happy to get it for what I paid (£80 ;) ) especially as it includes 2 batteries and an assortment of pads.

Im hoping to use it mostly for small little scratches and intricate areas. It saves me lugging out the whole DA bag, finding a socket/extension cord etc etc etc. Much quicker, just grab and go.

Im also going to be using it for the constant battle I have against the polished black door pilars on my 140. No matter how careful I am, they marr. Im quite sure theyre made of feta cheese.

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Don’t know about that one specifically but having watched a load of videos of Autoshine Cars on YouTube cleaning up old shitters the amount of crap they blow out the carpets (even after a good vacuum) is amazing.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Hmm. Wonder if I could fire up to the golf club of an evening and use the air compressor - meant for cleaning shoes and trollies - on my matts… 🤔

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Don’t know about that one specifically but having watched a load of videos of Autoshine Cars on YouTube cleaning up old shitters the amount of crap they blow out the carpets (even after a good vacuum) is amazing.

Yes. Brilliant things.
Cheers guys! Got a cheapy one off ebay on its way.

If its a good system but crap product, AS do one thats about 50 quid but it will pay for itself in no time.

So do you guys just use it dry or put product in the canister? I see for something like an engine bay, having some mild apc would work well. But interiors?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cheers guys! Got a cheapy one off ebay on its way.

If its a good system but crap product, AS do one thats about 50 quid but it will pay for itself in no time.

So do you guys just use it dry or put product in the canister? I see for something like an engine bay, having some mild apc would work well. But interiors?
Use whatever chemical you see fit, I use G101 and hot water out of the kettle (let it cool a bit first obvs) and it makes cleaning the footwells and the interior in general a doddle. I’ve never used it on an engine bay so couldn’t help you there I’m afraid.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
Use whatever chemical you see fit, I use G101 and hot water out of the kettle (let it cool a bit first obvs) and it makes cleaning the footwells and the interior in general a doddle. I’ve never used it on an engine bay so couldn’t help you there I’m afraid.
Thanks as always dude 😘

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
It's been a while since I delved I to the depths of detailing, or indeed cleaning any car!

I'm looking for a product to spray on the car after washing and jet wash / hose off and it leave some protection.

What recommendations do you have?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
It's been a while since I delved I to the depths of detailing, or indeed cleaning any car!

I'm looking for a product to spray on the car after washing and jet wash / hose off and it leave some protection.

Sams Detailing ceramic boost is epic. Takes about 60 seconds to do a whole car and has lasted 3 weeks and 3 washes on my car and still beads like mad.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I’ve become increasingly lazy and now just fire some Hydro 2 foam into a lance, cover the car and hose off. Seems to last about 2-3 months. Then top up from there. In a world where most cars are going through the local £5 hand wash, mine looks mint just from doing that. So that’s good enough for me 🤷🏻‍♂️

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

I like AG polar seal, spray on with a pressure washer then rinse off.

£15 a bottle does 40-50 washes.

Sir Nancy Flowers

ClioSport Club Member
  M140i
I like AG polar seal, spray on with a pressure washer then rinse off.

£15 a bottle does 40-50 washes.
Polar seal, having tried multiple others, is still up there for me. Wish I hadnt bought 5L of the CarChem one but it was 5L for the same price as the 500ml of Polar Seal I was going to buy. Plus, the quicker the LSP wears off, the quicker people come back to me for another wash 🤣 💰💰💰

• Haha
Reactions: riz

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This thing turns me on. Can’t believe how well the paint came up, it was bush scratch central.

Washed
Tar removal
Iron/fallout removal
Washed
Rotary with a blue pad and Menzerna 2500
DA with a Megs MF pad and Scholl S40
Waxed with Fusso

Royal details

ClioSport Club Member
  Rb 182
Evening guys so had a mates rs250 cup in at work recently giving it multiple stage machine polishing and gyeon syncro coatings

Today it came back for some maintenance work and added 5% rear window tints.

I also own Royal details in Colchester Essex if anyone wants to give me a follow on Instagram.

Attachments

• 20230211_120501.jpg
    20230211_120501.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 20
  • 20230211_120418.jpg
    20230211_120418.jpg
    733 KB · Views: 24
  • 20230213_134426.jpg
    20230213_134426.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 35
  • 20230213_134358.jpg
    20230213_134358.jpg
    7.7 MB · Views: 29
  • 20230213_134311.jpg
    20230213_134311.jpg
    7.2 MB · Views: 28
  • 20230213_134305.jpg
    20230213_134305.jpg
    8 MB · Views: 20
  • 20230213_134044.jpg
    20230213_134044.jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 35

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
This thing turns me on. Can’t believe how well the paint came up, it was bush scratch central.

Washed
Tar removal
Iron/fallout removal
Washed
Rotary with a blue pad and Menzerna 2500
DA with a Megs MF pad and Scholl S40
Waxed with Fusso

View attachment 1631568
All that potato in one video and couldn't be arsed tyre dressing before the video.

Oh and when doing trucks ( @Cub. ) Get some bare bones for arch dressing. Always seems to give that clean look.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
All that potato in one video and couldn't be arsed tyre dressing before the video.

Oh and when doing trucks ( @Cub. ) Get some bare bones for arch dressing. Always seems to give that clean look.
Inside the arches get painted black when the body kit is fitted and we fit brand new wheels and tyres to all the trucks. So tyre slick would just mean I get my hands very dirty/slimy when I take them off tomorrow. Potato that. X

Yarp

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I bought a 1200 quid Mondeo estate for the winter and the paint had finally started to get to me. It wasn’t so bad in the dark, but the sun now hits it with the days being a bit longer and its shocking. This was the drivers door which is one of the better panels 😂
7A3E6234-B15F-4906-9D38-0464054DBD1D.jpeg

I didn’t have much in stock and wasn’t paying for anything decent so used some meguiars ultimate compound on the DA. It’s come up remarkably well
94572E7E-FD12-4E85-9344-882A799E366A.jpeg

Parked it under a street light to test it and it’s not bad at all. It probably need another light run over to take a tiny bit of hazing off. Just need to do the rest of the car now cos I only managed the bonnet, wing and door tonight. Any recommendations for cheap but decent wax are welcome
BA9CFE20-71D1-46E4-94B6-33D453351562.jpeg

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Anyone got anything on headlight restoration kits ?

There seems to be a few online and some choices to choose from.