ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Did the 1.2 16v Clio come with tinted windows? & ECU Loom repair question?

Shhh
So there we go, £900 on eBay buys you this. (2003 expression)

Wanted to remove the rear tints from the windows & the rear window, drop it back to a normal car and remove the wheel trims. Remove the parcel shelf to show that its empty, as i will be using it to work and back (80miles a day) in the short term.

I go out to remove the tints using the steamer method, but it seems that its not actually film but its painted on. The windows are etched from build..so im stumped..? Anyone?

ECU Loom - The metal cover at the back of the engine is loose, can hear it rattling away. Was going to lose it as its just annoying on the drive home. Apparently the loom rubs on the metal unit. Is there a modification to stop this? I have carried out a search, and no guides were found.

I had one of these brand new in 2002, hence the reason for buying it. Loves to sit at 50-60mph, but eats fuel at 70mph..

Shhh
$(KGrHqZ,!r!FDlQmKqL!BR!qC029nw~~60_57.jpg

Moron forgot to put the eBay picture link it.

Shhh
Yeah, i figured that when i could not look out the back window easily. The question now is how to remove it?

Is there any other form of tinting, except vinyl application?

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
That's tinting film as you can see the edge of the film on the dot matrix around the edge of the windows.

Should peel off from the inside then it's just a case of removing the glue residue.

Shhh
Okay, sounds like a job for the window tinting man to remove as i tried with the steamer and i thought it was going to go wrong.

I could not break the film to get it away in the first place. The rear window might be a little different.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Did it try picking away at the edge of the film? You should be able to see the edges from the inside of the windows.

Shhh
Its a really really good job. I could not see the edges. I thought it was painted on.

Will have another look in the morning to see if i can get the edge/any edge away. Might even scrape a corner.

Dump the metal ECU cover and just cover the loom in electrical tape, that's what I did on my 1.2 when the casing started to eat the loom.

Clio 2, 1.2 16V
You have to make a nick in the film with a razor blade, thats what i did. I just pealed it off very very slowly and most of the glue came away with the film, it was easy to clean the remaining residue off. Have you seen this?

http://youtu.be/vmR8LlGkGJQ?t=2m16s

Take care with the rear window to avoid damaging the demister

FF Clio 182
So there we go, £900 on eBay buys you this. (2003 expression)

Wanted to remove the rear tints from the windows & the rear window, drop it back to a normal car and remove the wheel trims. Remove the parcel shelf to show that its empty, as i will be using it to work and back (80miles a day) in the short term.

I go out to remove the tints using the steamer method, but it seems that its not actually film but its painted on. The windows are etched from build..so im stumped..? Anyone?

ECU Loom - The metal cover at the back of the engine is loose, can hear it rattling away. Was going to lose it as its just annoying on the drive home. Apparently the loom rubs on the metal unit. Is there a modification to stop this? I have carried out a search, and no guides were found.

I had one of these brand new in 2002, hence the reason for buying it. Loves to sit at 50-60mph, but eats fuel at 70mph..

That metal box cutting through that cable is scarily enough a really common fault with the 1.2 16v! I had the problem with mine I wrapped insulation tape round the cables to thin them out a little do they was in a bundle then I just put loads of superglue between the box and the engine and then zip tied it in place. Another method is to fill it will silicone what is ok until you want to remove the plug :)

Shhh
^^

I asked the renault dealer if there was a modification to prevent this, as its going to be pretty common. They looked at me blank.

I'll have a think and come up with something. Might be a case of getting a rubber grommet and a ty-wrap to secure it around the loom & ty-wrap/lockwire the lid into position.

The engine bay needs a bit of tidying up, and some little clips replacing. Trying to get the parts fische from this site to work, buts its not working still..

AO

^^

I asked the renault dealer if there was a modification to prevent this, as its going to be pretty common. They looked at me blank.

I'll have a think and come up with something. Might be a case of getting a rubber grommet and a ty-wrap to secure it around the loom & ty-wrap/lockwire the lid into position.

The engine bay needs a bit of tidying up, and some little clips replacing. Trying to get the parts fische from this site to work, buts its not working still..

AO

Take the ecu loom cover of completely. If someone's going to try and steal a ecu of a ten year old clio, they are going to go to many lengths to get it once under the bonnet, and will cause more damage