ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Difference between 172 and 172 cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Ibiza Cupra 180
I am looking in to upgrading my car to a 172 as insurance is finally coming down as I've turned 21. I was looking at the cup model as the colour is awesome + turinis and cup spoiler = win!

What is the spec of the cup compared to a normal 172 ? Does it have abs ect ?

(I apologise in advance if this has been covered 1000 times)

colesy

ClioSport Club Member
  172 182 197 E61 530D
The cup doesn't have climate control, has thinner glass, lighter seats, no abs etc

172 Race Car
(I apologise in advance if this has been covered 1000 times)
Yes it has

Cup is more basic, lighter, coth trim, no fancy headlights, no autowipers, no spare wheel, thinner glass, less sound proofing, no Aircon (some do), different springs/dampers, bigger boot spolier, No ABS, different wheels, exclusive colour, cheaper trim, etc

53 Clio's & counting
It also only has 5% braking to the rear + with the combination of no ABS is why half of them have been stuffed.

there is a form from VOSA you can print off to show the rear brakes are meant to do f**k all lol

Status
Not open for further replies.