ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Difference in time between OSX and Windows re-installs

Not a 320d
I did hold you in higher regard than this :(. Ignoring the driver side of things, a fresh 7 install on a decent machine is what 15-20mins tops?

edit: Ouch Vista, why would you even consider reinstalling bloody vista.

Shorter with an SSD

REALLY!? As a Mac user are you sure you want to go into the argument of cost and price? You just went full r****d.

@Gabi, just download a copy of Windows Vista, burn it and install fresh? Your using a genuine serial (it should be on a sticker under the laptop somewhere i imagine) so cant see it being an issue from a legal point as you wont be using the cracks/serials provided to bypass any Windows activiation etc. Once up and running head to HPs website and grab the drivers.

My last Windows PC cost about £800 to build, Windows was £259 - so £1059
I had to re-install it 6 times in the first year due to crashes, driver errors, corrupt files, general windows nonsense
It used to crash approximately once every 2 days

I am a web developer - I use my 'PC' to make money - 12 days not working a year to re-install windows and all my apps etc... cost me about another grand
The new version of windows when it came out was £200+ again to upgrade

My macbook pro was £1850, I bought it 2.5 years ago, I've never had to re-install or rebuild anything ever.
I rarely have to reboot it as updates don't require reboots. From opening it up to working is less than 4 seconds every single day.
It has never crashed - not even once

When Snow Leopard came out it cost me £15, when Lion came out it cost me £15
There are no virus's, no stupid "genuin activation" crap to go through, no serial numbers. Nothing. It just works, every single day.

Anyone who tries to argue that mac's aren't cheaper than windows PC's really has never used one.

ALSO what I'm typing on now is my £550 mac mini - which also just works all the time, has never had to be reformatted and the £15 upgrades I can use on ALL of my mac's instead of buying a licence per PC.
Show me a windows PC for £550 that can outperform my mac mini!

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
I had to re-install it 6 times in the first year due to crashes, driver errors, corrupt files, general windows nonsense
It used to crash approximately once every 2 days

User error more than likely..

I've been using the same W7 installation at home for over 2 years now, in fact, a quick systeminfo reveals..

Original Install Date: 14/01/2010

Not a single corrupt file, driver error, nor crash.

With the majority of the above points being moot, I simply cannot be bothered to argue the point, as the thread has gone off on a bit of a tangent from the original post.

Last edited: