ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Differences Between Dyn'que, expression, extremes?

Whats the difference between the above?

I have a Dynamique '54' reg - which has alloys, air con, sunroof, computer, rain sensor, light sensor, audio remote e/w, e/locking, c/locking - the lot.

What do the others have? Whats the dif in prices?

Thanks

Static Low
Not to sure mate.
but the Dybamique is certainly the better of them all as far as i know, though the extreme is nearly on the same level. Im sure that some expresssions come with wheel trims and without fog lights. As i said, not to sure.

Shed.
Expression - No alloys, air con, ?sports seats? rain sensors? light sensor?

Expression does not have a computer, aircon (although some did have it installed), did not have sport seats, no rain or light sensors. i also has a s**t steeringwheel. No fogs.

The expression is almost as bad as the awfulthentique. I used ot own one.

Extreme (iirc) is either red or green inside, sports seats and leather steering wheel, i think this is the "worst" of the sport range. It has no air con. It does have fog lights. It also has a trip computer. Not sure about automatic lights and rain s**t. Spoiler.

Dynamique has aircon, sport seats, aircon was an option, which i have, leather steering wheel, sports steering (which is just stiffer) computer, rain sensors and light sensors, the newer ones (04>) have little things like sport seatbelts (silver) gearnob from a sport and also the handbrake button and interior door handles are silver. Fog lights, spoiler. Also has "sports" suspension, which is stiffer, and tbh a lot stiffer from the expression.

Then theres the other ranges like the privelage and the other one which tbh i cannot remember the name of.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
initial is the top one, Vanity Lights and LEather FTW.

My 04 Dynamique has Everything like the Silver seatbelts, Sport Door Handles, Handbrake button and gear knob, Light and rain sensors, TRip Computer, Sports seats, Sports Suspension, Sports Steering and leather wheel. BUT NO f**king AIR CON. IF i find who ever ordered this and didnt spec aircon i will Kill them.

Oh well :(

2002 Clio 1.6 16v
I have a 02 Dynamique+ 1.6 16v got all the above except it doesn't have auto wipers or headlights, doesn't even have an adjustable intermittent wipe which is really annoying. I think the + meant that you got climate control instead of aircon and an electric sunroof.

Think the Dynamique was the most sport based one you can get other than the 172/182 models, the privelge was better specced based but as far as I'm aware only came as a 5dr although I might be wrong!

Mark

initial is the top one, Vanity Lights and LEather FTW.

My 04 Dynamique has Everything like the Silver seatbelts, Sport Door Handles, Handbrake button and gear knob, Light and rain sensors, TRip Computer, Sports seats, Sports Suspension, Sports Steering and leather wheel. BUT NO f**kING AIR CON. IF i find who ever ordered this and didnt spec aircon i will Kill them.

Oh well :(

or you could have bought one with it ;)

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
dont think the + means anything lol. i got 1.6 16v dynamnque + with everything from computer auto ligth wipers etc electric everything aircon alloys, sport seats but not climate. only thing im missing

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
the privalege was only a 5 door and only came with the 1.4 or 1.6 engine.
it doent have much more than a dynamique but it was rediculously expensive IIRC. so its pretty rare.

the problem was with the extreme and dynamique was that the spec on each differed year to year, so mine and my bro's 2004 dynams are alot better spec than his GF 2001 dynam. but the 2004 is better speced than the 2005 (namely on the 2004 auto lights and wipers wer standard, but on the 2005 they were options, but i think the 2005 came with AC). its weird. i think ther has been like 5 differnt grades of extreme i think the extreme 2 was the best spec.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
extremes a funny one, early ones were spec'd quite well, later ones wernt so well spec'd (the extreme 3 iirc didnt have alloys but had fogs and rear spoiler) extreme 4 had dynamique styling, sports front seats, cheapo back seats with no headrests, trip computer, manual wing mirrors, no rear speakers where teh extreme 2 was pretty close to dynamique spec but with the horrible colour interior. with extreme 4 cd player was standard, air con optional, exterior temp guage was optional iirc, deffo not standard.

expression has rear headrests, electric mirrors, no sports seats, 14" steel wheels with wheeltrims, no fog lights and no rear spoiler so the back looks like a bauld mans head! cd player was standard after 2004 i think, option from earlyer on

authentique is the most basic with 1.2 8v engines (60bhp) and think their was a DCi65 option? these have a tape player and dont have the screen on the top of the dash like the higher models that displays radio station, clock and temperature

later (after mk3 clio was brought out) the Extreme 4 was renamed campus sport and can still be bought today, later ones after 2006-ish (i think) have a different front bumper and a smothed rear boot with the reg plate on the rear bumper. 1.2 16v 75bhp engine was availible and possibly a DCi65 (i think)

Campus (not campus sport) is only avalible in 1.2 8v (60bhp)engine, no alloys, fogs, spoiler etc no sports interior either

Last edited: