ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

discs on a 182 cup... ABS sensors aswell??

Clio 182 Cup
Just ringing round to get a price for a new set of discs for my 182 cup. Most places are asking me if I just need the discs or the bearings and ABS sensors aswell? Im guessing that its the set with the ABS sensors and bearings aswell?

Rear discs? the standard advice is to buy genuine as many after market bearings fail reasonably quickly (this is based on anecdotal evidence from this site)

But yes, either way you need bearings and abs rings.

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Yep you need are the ones with the bearings and abs rings on mate. You can swap the abs rings over if in good condition.

More hassle than its worth to try re use the bearings

Clio 182 Cup
Thanks for your comments. Sorry, I meant ABS ring, not to sure why I put sensor. I've been looking at Mintex ones. You can get front and rear discs and pads for about £150. Renault want £126 + vat just for rear discs!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I fitted mintex on mine and not had any bearing problems after 3000Miles

Racing Blue 182 Cup
I just fitted genuine Renault discs and pads that I bought from a Renault dealer on ebay for £117 delivered.