ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg43+

Trafic 140dci
Re: dmallett's 421'd monaco

Dan, i saw you wanted some rear spacers, there is a thread on here for rear hub spacers for circa £30 for 10mm, not wheels spacers so less stress on wheel bearing etc, plus it's fairly cheap. Thought you may be interested.

Dan, i saw you wanted some rear spacers, there is a thread on here for rear hub spacers for circa £30 for 10mm, not wheels spacers so less stress on wheel bearing etc, plus it's fairly cheap. Thought you may be interested.

Ive seen them, im just unsure if 10mm would be too much and would rub. As my 5mm on the ph1 never rubbed but the 15mms rubbed alot! I could always borrow steves rear 5mm spacers and put them both on one side and see if it rubs lol

So was thinking of just going for 5mm to play it safe. What have you used on the rear of your various cars on f1s?

Trafic 140dci

Ive seen them, im just unsure if 10mm would be too much and would rub. So was thinking of just going for 5mm to play it safe. What have you used on the rear of your various cars on f1s?
I've always run 15mm, and never scrubbed, et37 wheels on my 182 would of as they are et43 as standard so that's like +20mm from standard, i'm going for 10mm with the camber spacers then selling my H&R 15mm wheel spacers. If that makes sense.

Lol, no that wasn't me. You'd never catch me near a swirl wash!

Ah right just saw black 182 on your profile. Was the awesome £6 hand car wash near the station, i dont do detailing you see!

I've always run 15mm, and never scrubbed, et37 wheels on my 182 would of as they are et43 as standard so that's like +20mm from standard, i'm going for 10mm with the camber spacers then selling my H&R 15mm wheel spacers. If that makes sense.

I might go for some 10mm ones with the extra 1' camber, that will tuck the top of the wheel in and not rub then hopefully. I obviously just run my clios to low and rub, my ph1 arhces were well wavey on the inner edge from getting smacked by the wheels :eek:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

Mine constantly rubbed with 10 & 15mm's on the rear running Cup Turinis and 195's :/

Car looks good btw!

SQ5
dmallett's 421'd monaco

I've got some 10mm hub spacers on there way. Measured up today and will fit fine :)

Maybe getting -1 added too ;)

Just looking into how the rear camber will make the car feel as i never messed with it on the rear before, though i dont want to eat through tyres quickly

I've got some 10mm hub spacers on there way. Measured up today and will fit fine :)

Maybe getting -1 added too ;)

Ive just been outside in the dark with my phone light and a tape, pretty sure it will fit! Im just wondering if i could get my Dad to make me some spacers the same, i think i will ask him :)

Arctic 182, GTD

Coming along nicely mate. The F1's look so much better then the standard 5spokes. Be looking like a newer Williams with the gold wheels.lol

SQ5
dmallett's 421'd monaco

Just looking into how the rear camber will make the car feel as i never messed with it on the rear before, though i dont want to eat through tyres quickly

You'll be running -2.5ish which is what I've always ran on my front.

If you start getting a bald patch just get your tyres switched sides :)

Coming along nicely mate. The F1's look so much better then the standard 5spokes. Be looking like a newer Williams with the gold wheels.lol

Thats kinda the idea, but in bronze ;)

You'll be running -2.5ish which is what I've always ran on my front.

If you start getting a bald patch just get your tyres switched sides :)

See my edit above Danny, yeh sounds a decent idea to me. Whats standard camber on the front? the ph1 ran 1.5 or 2.5 i dont remember, this one has 2.5 at the front currently.

SQ5
dmallett's 421'd monaco

Standard is -1.5 all around.

My fronts are now at about -2.5 and my old one ran about -4 one side and -2.5/3 the other. Was messed up and never bothered to sort it as felt fine!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

My front camber isn't right, I dont enjoy the steering wheel being off centre, annoys the f**k outta me! Gunna get it set up in Feb I think, was gunna go for -2.0 at the front as I didnt think -1.5 was standard! Might go -2.5 then.

SQ5
dmallett's 421'd monaco

My front camber isn't right, I dont enjoy the steering wheel being off centre, annoys the f**k outta me! Gunna get it set up in Feb I think, was gunna go for -2.0 at the front as I didnt think -1.5 was standard! Might go -2.5 then.

Sounds more like a tracking issue due to camber. Best thing to do is get camber set up then you can take it anywhere for tracking, what me and Quinton did today :)

SQ5
dmallett's 421'd monaco

The ph1 ran 2.5 front then as does this one. Lol at -4, gota love our pikey ways!

Lol, the thing is it works, and if it works don't fix it!

At least we now have cars ready for the Ring. I hope your coming this year Dan G :)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

Standard is -1.5 all around.

My fronts are now at about -2.5 and my old one ran about -4 one side and -2.5/3 the other. Was messed up and never bothered to sort it as felt fine!

no it's not it's 0.5

SQ5
dmallett's 421'd monaco

Was reading Autodata printout today and was 1 minute 30 clicks all around.

The rears are definitely -1-1.5 though

Trafic 140dci

It works what ever it is, so ill leave it be.

Just bought some of the 10mm rear hub spacers also, so will get them on in the new year. Now just to find some 25mm fronts :)
Ill have some 15mm H&R's if your willing to compromise 10mm, when I get my rear hub spacers.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

Was reading Autodata printout today and was 1 minute 30 clicks all around.

The rears are definitely -1-1.5 though

just looked. it's 0.5 +/- 0.5 degrees on autodata. oh and it's in degrees and minutes ;)

Trafic 140dci

Are they fronts Lewis? I'll take them if they are the ones that bolt to the hub.
They are either front or back lol, They are not, but they are hubcentric and they sit dead tight on the hubcentric ring, not the slightest bit loose, so don't fall off if that's what your thinking. I run a stud and nut conversion too which makes them perfect. If your interested PM me rather than spam up Dan's thread ;)

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

Dan, I meant to ask what you thought of the brakes after using them for a while?

When cold they have nothing to them, once you start working them they get abit better. Ill run them for abit and hope they improve. Much prefer my ds2500s tbh.

How much are these pads new out of inerest?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

yeah confirms what I thought of them. That's why I stopped selling them. Bit of a shame. Mintex 1155 next time for me....

The Bembo sport pads were £111

Not worth that money! I had some mintex pads on the ph1 when i first had it which were pretty good. But the ds2500s still win in my eyes. Though ill just use what evers at a good price when i want to stop quicker ha.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!

lol, I think i washed it maybe 5 times while I had it, one of which was a few hours before you came to get it. function over form!! I opted for brand new drivetrain components instead of worrying about paint correction

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Good to know about those pads, I don't really like the feel of the DS2500 but they do the job well enough for me to stick with them just now if the alternatives are worse!