ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg43+

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Re: dmallett's titanium ph1

Cheers Doc.

Yeah oem+ ish. Nice height with a softish ride, good nick wheels, ph2 dash, good quality exhaust etc etc. you know, like mine.

not like mine then lol

OEM+ is a new thing to me, but I could make it work with the 182 i guess. If I dont the thought counts right?

Alex I have even more car cleaning stuff since you were last at mine, people give me it as they think I like cleaning cars. Ive never washed my ph1, I never washed my 350z, I washed the monaco twice. I used to love cleaning the flamer, i must of grown out of that.

Today myself and @hiben1 embarked on a little journey to pick me up another ph1.
D6D05BA4-9B6B-4F23-9564-22264DE17D16.png

Got it back home trouble free this afternoon.
4E08E51A-5EF8-403B-8BC7-30B50FEE663E.jpg

Picture stolen from the for sale thread.
52d589b4ec669_1.jpg

Firs thing was to remove the 3/4 plate, had one on the monaco and got a fine. Dont fancy another tbh.

Before,
8C89D86E-04A0-4440-958F-C5092B17ECFD.jpg

After, might order some plates with out the GB bit on. I also removed the fogs and fitted the ducts/surrounds off the titanium. I prefer the look of them.
660CD5E9-F2CC-411F-A352-6D75C085B73B.jpg

Next up the engine bag went from this,
52d589cc54631_1.jpg

To this. The ktec induction kit has already been sold on. I hate how cluttered the bay is on this compared to the titanium.
1E1BE85F-95AD-43E9-B96E-411319C762CA.jpg

So as it stands the list of mods are,

Pikey induction kit
Solid engine and gearbox mounts
Polybushed dogbone mount
Ktec stealth exhaust
Gaz coilovers
Cup spoiler
PH2 rear lights
Matched inlets
Wind Deflectors
Sparco dished steering wheel

My plans for the near future

Fit my disks and pads off the other car
Fit braided lines and rebleed with ATE super blue
Spacers
PH2 interior conversion
Fit my white line ARB

I wont be fitting buckets/cage to this. The titanium will be broken for parts as and when I can be bothered to sort it out :)

Proper pictures of the car/write up to come at some point once ive settled into the new car, so far so good! Feels miles better to drive than my titanium, even though its on 120k! The cars abit rough around the edges but it suits me tbh as mechanically it seems sound!

Also this was in the boot, what model is it off? Its been so long since ive seen a standard wheel in a ph1 i cant remember what they are like! any idea of value? ;)

1518A389-8F61-4FF4-8E6A-DD4BEB6F3AA9.jpg

A4BFF717-37E0-4D4C-99E0-6104C03A6573.jpg

C34A9977-2CC7-4039-98DB-89036101B588.jpg

Many.

That's a standard ph1 172 wheel.

Looks good though dude.

You need another thread title change

That's a standard ph1 172 wheel.

Looks good though dude.

You need another thread title change

I have no idea tbh, I do need another change. Makes sense to keep my s**t in one thread!

Hold on, I think the evil giraffe used to own this. It's been bugging me for days but now I'm certain. Ish.

Who knows! It was first bought in Dorset & has made many trips to ktec, it even has a rolling road print out from there with 193bhp, though strangely it seems to feel the same as the titanium ;)

If teg owned it I'm sure he will pipe up and say :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

Oh hai.

Yes I sold this in.. Err..... 2010 ?! When the pic of it outside those townhouses was taken by myself.

The steering wheel you found was the retrimmed standard one that was on it when I bought it.

Properly lol'd at the 193.6hp RR quote from the ad. It was a good one.. Nice and strong after the matched inlets were done. I hope they're still on there !!

It had ktec stealth .. Gas coilovers and cup spoiler/ph2 lights. That was it. Anything else... Not me !

:evil:

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Awesome! Also didn't Daz54 or something have it after you Rob?

I see the advert for this and thought that's TEG's old car and pics stolen from him!

New thread needed Dan so you can start from scratch :)

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

I bought it from Daz .. i sold it to a copper .. i dont know what happened after him, but it ended up in medway .. daz bought it back then sold it to the one DM bought it from just now !

5172578174_6b3116bbd8.jpg

Old Clio by TheEvilGiraffe, on Flickr

Taken May 4th 2010 !

Bit of history then! Cheers for clearing that up about the wheel! Im sure you will see the car at some point @TheEvilGiraffe , you got the sunflower yet?

Is this you then? lol
E86AC16A-77A5-493F-A354-4AC99F867AA2.jpg

This is also the graph, for teh lolz.

070DFAF4-3F72-47D4-8B3B-C61AAAA70254.jpg

@Dr Jekyll i might start a new one, wont be much progress on the car thats interesting really!

LOL!

The history/paper work with the car is pretty epic too, its like an inche thick.

I have found a few faults with the car, the speedo reads the speed about 10mph out.
The boot doesnt quite shut right, so when you accelerate hard the door light flashes thinking the door is open and the interior light comes on. Much to my amusement.

Also the alarm seems to actually work on this car, which ive never known a ph1 where it does.

Many.

Is it like out by a percentage or 10mph from low speed etc?

Clocks haven't been apart have they?

Unsure Alex, I didn't test it at the lower speeds.

as far as I can tell the clocks havevt been apart, the dash fits so snug and rattle free I doubt it's ever been off tbh.

SQ5

As soon as I saw that first picture I knew it was TheEvilGiraffe s, I'm sure a part of one of my Clios was on that!

That place was such an awesome little place, nice view too!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

Lol at that picture. TEG is so much more gangster now under his new alias as Bobby J.

As soon as I saw that first picture I knew it was @TheEvilGiraffe s, I'm sure a part of one of my Clios was on that!

That place was such an awesome little place, nice view too!

Though you thought it was a 1.4? ;) lol.

tbh it would surprise me if it was half built of your car! It will be a mix of parts from various cars soon enough I'm sure!

I actually did some cleaning today,

This was the wheel before,
0700FC4B-76A4-4A5A-BF26-9948E393F3C0.jpg

This was after! Although it was still wet
EB486974-D481-4936-A5BF-0D8CE6E94F12.jpg

Then i tried to remove the boss from the titanium and this happened! The 3 way pulley ate it. Ill try get it off again in the day light I think, someone might still want it for a track car or something.
1B868DA2-8396-471F-9A15-06B893271E0F.jpg

And this is the wheel currently on the black car, pretty dished sparco thing that I cant get on with!
DD5C1B9A-BEFD-4B71-A11A-852109DD3598.jpg

Also im considering putting the fog lights back in as the it makes the car look better and less broken :eek:

In the last picture you can also see the mud everywhere! when i got the car it was utterly spotless inside, in less than 24hours i ruined it! I drove the car to paintballing, as you can imagine it was super muddy and everything got covered :(

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Loosen the big boss bolt, reattach the wheel to the boss and then wiggle and hit it. That'll loosen it and then you can remove the wheel, take the bolt out and voila. No need for a puller Timmy.