ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg43+

Re: dmallett's titanium ph1

Ruined in 24hours. Good job. ;)

Ruined it? You havent seen anything yet ;)

Loosen the big boss bolt, reattach the wheel to the boss and then wiggle and hit it. That'll loosen it and then you can remove the wheel, take the bolt out and voila. No need for a puller Timmy.

Remember im only small so I cant manage things like that, ill give it a go! Ive always just used the puller to get the boss's off tbh.

Sablet in, its not a funny colour thats just the photo :eek: Hopefully I am getting another canon soon so no more s**t pictures!
1239E128-C376-4194-9A17-FA1CE3E55490.jpg

I then decided i disliked the head unit so checked the garage for a spare, i found a few options.
B47410AA-FF23-45FE-BF0A-396B1CF71F25.jpg

I then fitted the one out of my titanium as i know how to use it.
D5DAE935-AD6C-4C94-9076-657654EB2B69.jpg

And finally a picture to show I dont just destroy stuff all the time, nearly done just need to put the shelves in and some doors on bench part
D07B77F1-07D5-4FBA-87A1-16001ED498F6.jpg

Nice wheel tbh, I used to love the OMP Trecneto but after owning one of the sabelts there is no other option IMO. Even by your standards Mark I think it would suit!

Why would you do that to yourself? I need an aux to use spotify, have to get my monies worth haha

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Because my I got the cd changer under seat and I can use the stalk control and keep the retro-ness. Maybe...

Dan, what boss have you got?

Can you not run an aux adapter out of the back of the standard head unit instead of the changer like you can in the ph2?

Probably, the standard head unit I have is a ph2 one anyway. Ill just use the after market one, it does what I need it too :)

Because my I got the cd changer under seat and I can use the stalk control and keep the retro-ness. Maybe...

Dan, what boss have you got?

True, didnt think of that! My head unit controls near the steering wheel have been removed by the previous owner so no going back for me!

The OMP boss.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Am I correct in thinking there is a difference between ph1 and ph2 boss's or are they all the same?

Also any difference between OMP and a momo one?

IIRC the omp one fits everything bar the 182 (due to cruise control wires).

The MOMO fits them all.

Of course I might be wrong, the OMP one in my titanium used to be in my monaco.

Craig. I would like to say yes, but I cant guarantee anything.

Youve fitted a ph2 boot lid to a ph1 before I think? If yes, was it hard? any tips? lol. Thinking of swapping to a ph2 bootlid, they are cheap enough in Pearl Black.

@Craig. I would like to say yes, but I cant guarantee anything.

Youve fitted a ph2 boot lid to a ph1 before I think? If yes, was it hard? any tips? lol. Thinking of swapping to a ph2 bootlid, they are cheap enough in Pearl Black.

haha fair shout.

Yeah I fitted one to korkys titanium ph1, it wasn't hard to fit, just getting the wiring through was abit tricky. You just need to line it up right so the spoiler doesn't sit too high or too far back.

haha fair shout.

Yeah I fitted one to korkys titanium ph1, it wasn't hard to fit, just getting the wiring through was abit tricky. You just need to line it up right so the spoiler doesn't sit too high or too far back.

Doesnt sound like something I would enjoy tbh, might not do it now then! ha

Im unsure whats happening to me.

First off I washed my car today by hand, this is the first time Ive washed a car by hand since the flamer i reckon. It comes up nicely and reveals its scars from years of abuse.
0E18E207-9FEF-45E5-9D48-18C3157F3F74.jpg

DD5CC04B-DE2C-40EC-BC8F-441CAD598D7A.jpg

050F6386-F464-4614-BEB0-21ECB5ED25F4.jpg

55506763-C47C-4DB2-92E7-3DAE2A98A8DC.jpg

I then cleaned up and painted a load of spare calipers black, which will be fitted to the car along with the braided lines and bled with ATE super blue fluid.
D6215445-AF05-4776-9F11-B091ADFC99A9.jpg

After @TheEvilGirraffe popped over to get some parts I checked my tire well, which was rusty! That was then sanded down, coated with some rust stuff my neighbour had and then sprayed with a mixture of satin/gloss black that I had left over. Leaving me with this :eek:

F70F9E7B-CC28-4B5A-AFB6-EE64D7C02EF4.jpg

As for the titanium, that looks like this now. Just the interior/engine/subframe and wish bones to come off and its ready to be scrapped. I dont hang about haha
CDEEA220-70C8-4901-B0FE-0F872F59FD55.jpg

F83AC241-7FE6-4050-B037-53BC7595F9D9.jpg

Many.

Black one looks even better. Need to see it sometime.

Most of teh silver one sold?

Too many r's :eek:

Spelling isnt my strong point! Im embarrased at the state of my kitchen still :eek:

Black one looks even better. Need to see it sometime.

Most of teh silver one sold?

It is awesome, I feel alot of love for this one. Im sure ill see you at a meet otherwise ill pop to yours or something!
The thing is there isnt alot to sell as I want the interior (bar cage and buckets), the body pannels arent worth a penny and the box is shot and the engine ill probably keep tbh as I know its a decent one. Despite that I have sold alot of parts and Im half way too the black car being paid for :)

I'm so proud of you x

<3 East Anglia division of DJW I heard

Oh I also refitted the fogs today, in an attempt to not ruin it!

And a list of parts I need.

-Pearl Black Door strips
-20mm spacers
-Rear PH2 door cards
-The back bit of Ph2 floor carpet
-Seat belts out of something that isnt a ph1

Im also debating aerocatching the bonnet, im thinking it will look quite discreet on the black, thoughts?

Many.

Tis good!

Don't fit aerocatches ;)

I have the seatbelts, and carpet from the Cup I'm breaking. Also rear doorcards, but they are Cup, so the not so nice fabric.

Tis good!

Don't fit aerocatches ;)

I have the seatbelts, and carpet from the Cup I'm breaking. Also rear doorcards, but they are Cup, so the not so nice fabric.

I dont think you will really be able to see them though, I think they will be pretty subtle.

PM me a price, ill probs have the lot mate, also you got the front carpet still? As mine has abit missing lol
what colour are the seat belts? My PH2 door cards are from a cup anyway, I sold my normal ones to JHead iirc.

Cant say ive ever noticed the difference in material between the models anyway.

Djw Timmy ;)

Aerocatch the bonnet if you do it nice and neatly for a change but don't do the bumper.

Cheeky b*****d. I will do it neatly, or ill get hiben1 and Ste101 to do it! they did the ones on the titanium and they look perfect imo.

As for the bumper, it needs respraying and I was thinking of just getting the titanium bumper sprayed instead, fitting that with the aero catches and just hanging onto the the normal bumper. I might remove an aero catche and sit it on the car, see how noticable it is.

Looking good Dan, think it's need abit of contrast on it though, maybe refitting the fogs & doing the badges silver?

Its a no from me on aero catches, maybe for full on track car or itbs but not an everyday car.

Are you fitting the ph2 dash?

Looking good Dan, think it's need abit of contrast on it though, maybe refitting the fogs & doing the badges silver?

Its a no from me on aero catches, maybe for full on track car or itbs but not an everyday car.

Are you fitting the ph2 dash?

Yeh full ph2 dash is going in as per usual!

Im un decided on the catches too, I wont rush into it.

It is too black, wheels will be going silver. I fitted a silver badge earlier and it looked wrong. Fogs are back in too :)

If you ever need a hand I'm also mechanically minded.... Haha ;)

Always welcome mate!

When did you buy the black ph1 172 Dan?

I found a pic of it at goodwood in 2009!

3318271411_8196156ef5_b.jpg

Goodwood hot hatch 033 by fletcher10, on Flickr

Last Saturday, the car has got about a bit! I didnt even check how many owners it had lol, but lets be honest I dont worry about things like that as cars dont leave my ownership in one piece :eek:

Don't kill this one Dan ;)

IIRC The Evil Giraffe owned it when I took the above picture in 2009.

He did indeed own it! Its on the previous page ;)

I feel like i should start a proper thread for the car, but seeing as the titanium was built from bits from the flamer/monaco it seems rude not to keep the thread going. Although it is probably confusing lol

And I cant promise I wont kill it, I must be angry inside or something hence my destructiveness.