ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg43+

Many.
Re: dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg

Get some sealant on those before you get em dirty!

Looks awesome though.

Monaco 152
Re: dmallett's indecisive clio thread! Monaco ph2 pg1+, Titanium ph1 pg31+, PB ph1 pg

Such Clean, Much Fresh.

Said fairwell to the silver ph1 today, amazingly I managed to break the car with out a breaking thread!

anyways pictures as it makes me happy.

It started badly with the car falling onto the ground, my normal method just wouldnt work with the car!
Yes, That is my Dad randomly holding a brick.
7C58303E-698F-4850-ABFE-1228E0597299.jpg

Getting there,
B7C63DCD-A50D-4B4E-8399-B36540D3FDA7.jpg

And off it goes with the boot still open :eek:
0B133217-D164-41E8-AFA4-D3D39BCD8ECB.jpg

For anyone wondering why body pannels havent been removed, simple most pannels on the car had under gone damage so are worthless.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

But the headlights? Some detailer would've restored them I bet

Many.

Pics just get funnier the more I look at them.

John the headlight's are broken I think Dan said.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

Fair enough. Tbh I'm surprised it went as well as it did. What with his conjoined 7 fingered hands and all.

Pics just get funnier the more I look at them.

John the headlight's are broken I think Dan said.

Correct,

Bent axle stand as a result of it falling :eek:

Fair enough. Tbh I'm surprised it went as well as it did. What with his conjoined 7 fingered hands and all.

Complimentary as ever John! Gota admint this was the easiest car to do, im stopping whilst im ahead at a high.

Last edited:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

It's what I do!
Aye don't be breaking the black one for at least a year!

Recent updates,

Took the PH1 to the Chelmsford meet, got many compliments on the silver wheels! Glad im not the only one that likes it more now :eek:
DDFFB5E1-7724-47CD-8165-5440DCD838D8.jpg

Exhaust mount broke the night before the meet, so it got replaced with a powerflex bush until I get another mount/this one dies which will probably be in a 100miles.
IMG_3972.jpg

Did some problem solving to stop the rear lights resembling a disco, fingers crossed its fixed now!
IMG_3969.jpg

Then after seeing this thread I decided I wanted to do simlar, except I wanted to put bar either side of the original jacking point. Fingers crossed this idea works if not Ive just made alot of mess lol

Thread; http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?738535-Every-Clios-Problem

Got some bar, 4 x 20mm and 4x30mm. I opted to use the 30mm bar in the end.
IMG_3964.jpg

Chopped away the plastic that was in the way from the side skirt so it could sit on the bottom sill of the car.
IMG_3980.jpg

I then straightened out to the best of my ability the folded over jacking points & trial fitted it, bolts werent long enough so it doesnt sit straight. But so you get the idea! Longer bolts will be acquired this week. Excess metal was trimmed away after the next photo so the bar is the lowest point.

Once again it wont sit on the angle like this! It does indeed sit flat when sitting properly! Had to say that twice as I know people dont read stuff just look at pictures ;)
IMG_3973.jpg

The area that was going to be touched by the bar was then painted with plenty of under seal.
IMG_3979.jpg

The the bar was painted, going to paint it again and try paint the insides too somehow.
IMG_3982.jpg

I will fit them this week once I get longer bolts, Best bit is you cant see them when looking at the car. They are test fitted in this photo.
IMG_3981.jpg

So thats it from me for now. Let the abuse/criticism start for cutting the car up ;)

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

I need to do the jack plate mod. My low entry jack doesn't reach onto the chassis rails unless I drive on wood!

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.

I need to do the jack plate mod. My low entry jack doesn't reach onto the chassis rails unless I drive on wood!

I drive up on wood but jack my car up on the rear sub-frame bolt, this way you don't dent the chassis rails or take the underseal off. :)

I wouldnt recommend doing it like I have lol, id just do it like the above link as your not destructive like me!

Many.

Does Steve ever do any work? Always seems to be stood around doing nothing and looking too clean.

You will upset him Alex! He does, he just doesnt get covered in mess somehow! He changed the rear brake on his car I just showed him what to do.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

I drive up on wood but jack my car up on the rear sub-frame bolt, this way you don't dent the chassis rails or take the underseal off. :)

My rails are knackered anyway. They was like it when I bought it :(

Next weekend I'll buy some wood and make my "ramps" ;)

Does Steve ever do any work? Always seems to be stood around doing nothing and looking too clean.

Hes waiting to ride he's bike ;)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

Looking good now. That powerflex bush, I fitted one to mine yesterday but I had to cut down the sides to get it to fit, can't work out if it's because my mount was non genuine (although it looks like it's never been replaced) or if everyone has to cut the sides down.

I dont get the bike bit lol.

All the rails are like that @Dr Jekyll , In an ideal world I would just chop the side sills off and weld a new bit of inch bar the whole way down. Though I doubt any one would ever buy it lol

Looking good now. That powerflex bush, I fitted one to mine yesterday but I had to cut down the sides to get it to fit, can't work out if it's because my mount was non genuine (although it looks like it's never been replaced) or if everyone has to cut the sides down.

Cheers! I always have to cut the sides down on them. They really dont last long and make the exhaust rattle (on all the ones Ive had, probably used 10 of these mounts now lol) but its a quick easy fix!

Twingo Dynamique

Dan, I saw it as he was complaining about his calves being tiny? Although I could have misinterpreted that totally..... Hehe

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Emily was joking with Steve about he's boots last night saying that they were like biker boots and asked him if he had a bike, on which he replied he did...... A push bike! :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

Cheers for that. Might just get myself a genuine one and stuff it full of tiger seal. That seems to be the preferred method now.

Many.

You will upset him Alex! He does, he just doesnt get covered in mess somehow! He changed the rear brake on his car I just showed him what to do.

I reckon we both need to learn his ways then. I get covered in crap just getting tools out.

Emily was joking with Steve about he's boots last night saying that they were like biker boots and asked him if he had a bike, on which he replied he did...... A push bike! :)

I must of missed that! haha.
Was a good laugh last night I must say!

Cheers for that. Might just get myself a genuine one and stuff it full of tiger seal. That seems to be the preferred method now.

I think thats what I might try next, Ive had powerflex mounts last to the ring and back, others havent done 100miles! Ill see how this one goes!

Could tiger seal a powerflex one?

I reckon we both need to learn his ways then. I get covered in crap just getting tools out.

Why do you think Im always wearing work clothes & gloves when I do anything? I literally get covered as soon as I do anything.
Dirt seems to just jump on my face somehow too ha

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

It's not worth it dan. I contemplated that but the OE one is a better design. I rolled up a bit of card and wedged it in the bottom triangle of the mount before I tiger sealed mine to fully stop the sagging. Its perfect :)

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

I think thats what I might try next, Ive had powerflex mounts last to the ring and back, others havent done 100miles! Ill see how this one goes!

Could tiger seal a powerflex one?

I think the reason the powerflex ones fail is because there isn't enough give in them. If you don't drive "hard" they seem to last forever, those of us who drive a little more "spirited" seem to be having problems. But I thought I'd give it a go for £6.somethingorother delivered.

It's not worth it dan. I contemplated that but the OE one is a better design. I rolled up a bit of card and wedged it in the bottom triangle of the mount before I tiger sealed mine to fully stop the sagging. Its perfect :)

I might give that a go Mark, im sure my neighbor will have some tigerseal or something equivalent that I can borrow!
Im just slack on getting anything done on the car recently, I love this car I just cant be bothered to do any work on it

I think the reason the powerflex ones fail is because there isn't enough give in them. If you don't drive "hard" they seem to last forever, those of us who drive a little more "spirited" seem to be having problems. But I thought I'd give it a go for £6.somethingorother delivered.

I drive like a pussy so I will be fine :eek:

Ive always had solid mounts/powerflex dogbones which cant help as there really is no where for the movement to go ha. But yes mega cheap solution.

It doesnt bother me to much as its not exactly hard work to change

225 Cup & Williams

I really need to get the wheels resprayed on my black ph1. Makes a huge difference.

Tempted by ph2 lights too.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep

You were doing so well.......

Is this for a proper ph2 conversion?

I see the countdown to selling has begun

Funnily enough the interior is for sale already!

I really need to get the wheels resprayed on my black ph1. Makes a huge difference.

Tempted by ph2 lights too.

Ph2 lights are a massive win as are the silver wheels, makes the car look 10x better! In my opinion of course

Oh gawd .. what's happened ?

Small explosion !?

I wish it had of been a large explosion! The wind things are gone btw, i sold them to that guy you mentioned me in on the wanted thread, cheers for that!

You were doing so well.......

Is this for a proper ph2 conversion?

I am doing well still,

Fingers crossed by tomorrow it will be a single seated race car!