ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do people not care anymore...

Volvo S60 T5
Not everyone loves their car like we do, so not they dont give a s**t mostly as its just a means of A to B.
Sucks mate.

Hope you get it sorted soon, from them few picks it seems you look after your car very well.

Sadly not, mine goes in the far reaches of car parks away from everyone and is protected as much as possible, yet I still have had a door opened on mine, thankfully just the doorhandle so I got it sorted ok. No matter where you put the car someone ends up parking next to you!

No way of avoiding damage in the end, just have to cope with it and get it sorted as soon as finances allow.

LY 182
Thanks guys, appreciate the comments! Its just so mind blowingly fustrating!

Mike, not sure what you meant there?

LY 182
Mike@Rentech said:
Not everyone loves their car like we do, so not they dont give a sh*t mostly as its just a means of A to B.
Sucks mate.

Hope you get it sorted soon, from them few picks it seems you look after your car very well.

Thanks mate, don't know whether its worh looking after if people do this! :rolleyes:

Mike@Rentech said:
Mother and child spaces (dont flame me!)

But the you get mummy in a big 4x4 thing, can't see, can't park, push chairs, trollys, kids jumping about not even being slightly careful about opening doors. Just as bad. :dead: :rasp:

One with a few more
I used to get this at work (I work in a retail park) For a while I parked my car in the public car park but TWICE I came back to my car to find a trolley had embedded itself in the side.
Now I park round the back where the deliveries are as I just get too hacked off

106 GTi
Sign of the times unfortunatley. Hope you get it sorted.

Had a guy open his door into my old GTi when I was sat in the car before!

car parks ..................par as far away as possible ...........that way nobody parks next 2 u and someone breaks into ur car.

its a no win situation . sorry chap:dapprove:

R

rich[182]

I was a passenger in a mates Lexus IS200, three of us sat in it at Asda about to drive off when a woman pulled up in a clapped out old Fiesta, opened her door onto my door and went with a right bang, my mate got out to have a word with her (he was quite ok about it and didn't kick off) but she just simply said "shut the f**K up and take a chill pill, it's only a f****ng car"

Couldn't believe her attitude, people like that are scum. PERIOD.

If I had a 10 year old rustbucket worth £200 and I pulled up next to any car I still am careful, it's the principle.

^ to right fella. I park my s**t box next to some right nice cars at work but seem to pick up aload of car park dents and it pisses me right off on my old 1.2. I think its because so many people were I park have repmobiles which arent there so dont give a s**t. grrrh...

Clio 1.2 Authentique
sorry thats harsh, my friend parks his car on the line of 2 spaces. try is, no other car door will get near you!

Clio 04 172 Cup
Is it not criminal damage? I have noticed 4 door dents along the side of my cup will be getting them taken out soon. But I would not be very impressed at all if someone slammed thier door into the side of my car and I was sat in the car!

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I came back to my 1.2 one day just as a girl was trying to park one of those mini people carrier things. She had managed to wedge it against the rear corner of my car and she was kind of stuck. Looked like she was going to cry when I showed up! No real damage and she was nice looking so I let her away with it ^^

black/gold 182
i try to avoid car parks at all costs but if i have no choice i will try and park next to a car what looks well taken care of, but you are in the hands of the gods !!!

when i was at college, some girl tried to pull round into a space next to my car. When she hit my car, instead of reversing and trying again, she carried on going forward until she was in the space.

I was in a lesson at the time but luckily some guy was sitting in his car on a lunch break, saw it happen and left me a note. I called him, he said he would be a witness and got her done for it! Stupid ***!

One with a few more
Someone suggested straddling two spaces. I would probably say this is a bad idea as car parks get really hot on fining people for doingthis now - especially if the council runs the carpark

Luckily the fiesta am about to get is a pretty solid car. My dad who also has a fiesta has been in tight spaces and parks in our town which is full of old people opening their doors into cars - just the nature of the town. The door skins are very very solid on the Fez's!

my mate used to have a Zetec-S Fiesta, i rather cruelly called it a Shopper-S. Only reason i said that was when i go and do my shopping, you see a lot of Fiesta's with the housewifes doing their shopping!

:D

One with a few more
Lol, really? its only the 4x4 wives down here. All the fiestas are owned by younger people or really old people!

i just see the cars, maybe its all the students or something! You do get a fair few of the wives with the nice BMW's (X5) and the Cayennes also! Bexhill is in Kent right?

renault clio 182 cup
tim ,i was in argos carpark about 2 weeks ago in my 182 cup in racing blue near where i live in brighton for about 10 minutes, came out and someone had scraped along my back bumper,along my rear alloy,hit the wheel arch,made a dent and then hit the side plastic strip.70% came out with scratch x but i still have a dent and some paint stripped,i was gutted,just hope chips away will be able to repair the damage.some people are complete SH*T HEADS.......

Arctic Blue Clio 182
I really hate people who dont give a s**t about other peoples stuff. fair enough some people do have accidents. I got the same done to mine at tech. Someone must have drove into my freshly repainted front bumper leavin marks like on your and knocked it of line. really annoyin lol

Attachments

• Scraped-bumper-08-03-06-007.jpg
    Scraped-bumper-08-03-06-007.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 89
Evil Ally said:
I came back to my 1.2 one day just as a girl was trying to park one of those mini people carrier things. She had managed to wedge it against the rear corner of my car and she was kind of stuck. Looked like she was going to cry when I showed up! No real damage and she was nice looking so I let her away with it ^^

Sod that mate, if it was MY car and it was Cheryl feckin Tweedy id STILL go nuts!!

2003 172 CUP
Had a similar thing happen to mine, but the arch was pushed in so far that it caught on the rear wheel! Didn't spot it until I had a mate in the back though so don't know where or when it happened! Left me with a £300 repair bill (and that was mates rates!)...proves that some people just don't give a toss, cos they must have realised what they'd done...

1.2 16v Dynamique
Gutting mate I know how ya feeling, my works car park is dreadful, tiny spaces and no one seems to be careful opening their doors etc, I have noticed 2 new scratches and a tiny new dent in the last month....:mad:

Black/Gold 182
Yep, it's happened to me too. I sometimes wondered if it wouldn't be better to buy and old landrover so I didn't care (and maybe then park like Leslie Neilsson in Police Squad).

My other pet hate is people driving right up your ar*e. I usually keep brake testing them until they get p*ssed off.

TDI tyre shreader
Yep your right people dont give a toss these days the only people they care about are themselves. i was sat in my girlfriends car in asda car park when a celica pulls up in front of me and two huge boiler fat arse bitches get out both of them flung the doors open slamming them into the cars either side and they couldnt care less i waited until bothe the owners came back and told them what had happened

Clio 182 + Recaros
I've had someone open a car door onto mine when I've been sat in my car. Why do people alway seem so surprise when you politely ask for them to be careful.

If I had been told to take a "chill pill" I think I'd have followed it up with a F*** Off tablet.