ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Do you have to be pulled over to get a ticket

Black/Gold 182
Got stuck in the choas on M25 last night so was late home. Was ragging it a bit up the A2 when a car caught me up from behind. I guess I was doing 80-90 mph. Anyway, pulled to inside to let him by after I overtook another car and was aware he pulled level with me and seemed to match my speed. I thought it was going to be a couple of chavs so I braked and he went by, then I realized it was a traffic cop in a VRS estate. He didn't do anything, and pulled into a garage a few hundred yards further on, but could I still get a ticket?

M25 was nightmare, took 5 hours to get from Bracknell to my home near Sandwich.

Mondeo STTDCI
If he didnt pull you, you could theoretically recieve a Notice of Intended Prosecution within the next 14 days. However, my guess is that he thought you were going a bit too fast and pulled along side you to let you know. Call it a warning when he is in too much of a hurry doing any number of other things to stop and give a ticket or verbal warning.

Bumblebee
I think you might have got off matey...they have to stop you issue a ticket IIRC.

They could technically report you for summons without pulling you, and give you a Section 1 warning of intended prosecution as soon as possible after the date, forgot the timescale as I tend not to do alot of 'traffic' related reports.

Not really the done thing tho.

Black/Gold 182
I reckon it was probably a warning too - I thought they had to stop you unless they had speed guns (like the cameras). Lucky he didn't see me a few miles earlier when I was the exciting side of 100.

I'm not sure where I passed him unless he came racing up behind me or pulled out of a layby.

Ps there is a village nearby called Ham, and a famous sign with Ham at the top pointing one way, and Sandwich underneath pointing another

ST
I think you might have got off matey...they have to stop you issue a ticket IIRC.

They could technically report you for summons without pulling you, and give you a Section 1 warning of intended prosecution as soon as possible after the date, forgot the timescale as I tend not to do alot of 'traffic' related reports.

Not really the done thing tho.

I love when you come across all powerful...