ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Donington in the Cup

182 cup
Went over to Donington yesterday in the Cup and had a great day. Was a sessioned event and I opted to go in the Novice group as it was my first day. Had 7 20 min sessions throughout the day and the car did really well. Noticed the brakes went a little soft after lunch, nothing braided lines and decent fluid wont cure I think.

There was a silver 172 there who unfortunatly had a coming together with a brand new M3. He was passing her on the left hand side (as you are supposed to) and she turned into him. Driver door was smashed, sill dented and side airbag deployed. All that was wrong with the beemer was a scuff on the door, which buffed out! Really gutted for him :(

Paid for some Professional pics and most of them came out really well.

Had a great day and was amazed that i was overtaking some exotic machines - Exige's, the crazy M3, 911, numerous caterham style cars too

Cant wait for the next one!

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
DSC_0983.jpg

DSC_0621.jpg

DSC_0588.jpg

DSC_0561.jpg

DSC_0518.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

Mikes pictures. If a mod wishes they can remove my post and include the pics hosted on my PB account in the first post.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like you had better weather than today!

Did you like the sessioned format or would you have preferred an open pit lane?

P.s sorry about PB quality reduction... :(

182 cup
i liked the sessions as it gave me the experience on track and meant that i wouldt have things miles faster than me.

think 20 mins was enough before things started to get too hot

Clio RS 197
Mate I am saving up for a blue 172 cup like urself and want to get white Renault Sport side decals like u and use it on track to. What brake pads u use? and did u have to change them when you took it back out on the road or are they high temp endurance ones for both road and track use?

Clio RS 197
Just read your story and your action pics look really good mate, when I get my clio cup 172 i am might keep that idea in mind and pay for professional pics done. how much you talking for the whole day dude?

182 cup
got DS2500 pads and Brembo HC discs on the front and standard on the rear. they seemsed to come back on the drive home once they had cooled down properly.

the day was 145 and the pics were 30 squids. used a tank and half throughout the day (90 miles there, 90 miles back) and 120 track miles. had new tires last week at 60 per corner and the brakes were 170.

them pics do look awesome i think!

Clio RS 197
yes I must agree ur pics do look awesome. so I take it it was worth the £30 then? Do you get the sent to u in the post when the bloke develops them or there and then on trackday?

As far as the fuel is concerned that is good i thought the 2.0 cup would use more than 1.5 tank of fuel. You must of been pleased with that 2 mate?

When you said you paid £170 for brakes u mean pads and discs for front only mate?

Did you get your RS decals that are on the side of ur 172 near arch on ebay? As i say i am thinking of getting some in white? urz in silver?

182 cup
i would say so yeah, there was a girl taking photos at different places around te circuit. she was only there half the day. went into the cafe at lunch and viewed them on the PC. she burned them to a cd and gave it to me there and then. you can choose to have prints and enlarged posters. i had 24 pics of mine. if there was less than 15 it would of been 25 quid.

i was happy with the economy yes, set the trip when i got there and averaged 19mpg on the track. was full throttle in 3rd and 4th most of the lap.

yes 170 for the front discs and pads delivered from Fred on here

Clio RS 197
cool. She has got a good idea mate of making a bit of money. :) Cool, do you have to have the same pads and discs on the rear to what you have on the front mate?

182 cup
no standard set up on the rear. they dont do much work so made sure there was still meat on the pads and left them alone.

Clio RS 197
yeah true the fronts take the most of the pressure and do most of the work. Cool. Well there is a while to go until i get my blue 172 cup mate. This is what I have got planned when I purchase my 172 cup.

This is what I have got planned to do when I get the cup. but bucket seats in front, put 2 pairs of 4point red Sabelt Harnesses in, take out rear seats,pain calipers red, and because I like the standard twin 182 exhaust I want to get that put on my 172 cup as well.

I was going to get the exhuast side of things done with Milltek Sport but The question I would like to ask is, K-Tec Racing have designed a 182 exhaust that fits on a 172 cup. Has anyone had this mod done to their clio and what does it sound like? I don't want it to sound like a bunch of 1tone rude boy sound exhaust i want it to sound sporty and bit roary if you get what I mean? If anyone could tell me who theirs sounds like and if they recomend it?

This is the link for the exhaust that I am talking about and thinking of getting. http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_prod...?id=1560&pic=3

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Alright Mike, tidy car youve got fella-pics from your trackday are ace.

Was a good run out today. We lucked out with the weather once we got to frodsham. Thought we'd be in for it pissing down all day, but was nice to get a bit of dry tarmac on the run back home.