ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Down pipe knocking

ph1 172 Black
How can I raise downpipe so it doesn't catch and bang. Had SS exhaust fitted. Swapped all engine mounts and adjusted them but the knocking always comes back. It's defo the downpipe.

If I adjust the mounts it seems good a little while then it starts again. I heard about putting washers under mounts to raise engine but mechanic said that would just stress other parts more i.e. driveshafts

From searching someone said jack engine before tightening dogbone. I tried to push downpipe up with a bar and tighten but surely the dogbone ain't gonna hold it up over time with two nuts?

53 Clio's & counting
can you record a vid so i can hear mate? maybe same prob that iv had with mine in the past

ph1 172 Black
Only really happens while driving. The clearance is crap on downpipe so I'd put money on it being that. How did you solve it?