ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Drive lots to save your brakes!

Cupped 182 with Recaros
Took my car into R-Sport in Wimbledon as the brakes were getting a little soft (weaker than my wife's 1.2 Micra), thinking the pads needed changing. Not so, the discs were badly corroded and need changing!

I dont use it that much (around 6k miles per year) and he said that my leaving it standing around has meant that the rust that you always get on the discs when it is parked went deep into the discs and corroded them.

So, £300 for new pads and discs. Nice. Should stop properly now tho!

Moral of the story - use the car so that the rust on the brakes is scrubbed off frequently!

(R-Sport seem very good, btw. They are preparing a white racing 197 Cup at the moment, very nice)

Less
300 for pads and discs. Hmm i have paid just over 100£ for the parts. Er fitting cost i'm unsure about as they are being done on sat.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
r sport were a bunch of c***s when i went in there they coulndt even see that a piston ring had gone when there was smoke pouring out the back

Motorbikes
Everytime I was my car I take it to the end of the road and back just to get the rust off lol hate that rust, looks awful