ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

driving comparison 182 cup vs trophy

Ive had my 182 cup for several months and am very pleased with it however had I have known the trophy was coming out i would have waited.

Has anyone driven both cars back to back ? as I would like to establish wether its worth me trading in my cup for a trophy and Im having trouble finding a dealer with a demonstrator.

Cheers

Lee

BMW M2C

I traded in my 182 with Cup packs for a Trophy. The difference is pretty huge. The ride of the Trophy is extremely firm and it corners a lot flatter. It also dives into corners with amazing front end grip, with understeer reduced considerably. It also puts its power down well out of corners. When changing direction fast its far more composed and doesnt take the time to settle that the 182 did.

Im over the moon with mine.

Lee

Thanks Lee, a fair bit of my driving is over some poorly surfaced bumpy B roads which my car seems to cope with quite well, I also do the odd track day so the appeal of the trophy with its trick suspension is whats leading me that way, but would you say the ride would be bad on the B roads ?

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by Viv172 on 11 July 2005
Your Trophy is no. 007? how cool :cool:

Yeah. :D Fankoo. :D

Thanks Lee. The msn review is a good one, having said that all of the reviews have been great, now ive just got to justify the extra outlay for something which I dont really need.....

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

What is better in which order and why ?

172 - with Koni / Eibachs

172 - with H&R

182 - Cup packs

182 - Trophy

Focus ST3

not sure whats best, just remember reading about the 172 cup (not in your list) bucking and squirming to keep up with the trophy...

It seems the swiss quota has just doubled from 25 to 50 cars available, cue another 500 in the UK...!

mmm, seems you can get a trophy now for less than 12k, very suspicious pricing going on. Will they be 10k soon like 172s ended up being.

Elise/VX220/R26

Quote: Originally posted by toonboy on 11 July 2005
mmm, seems you can get a trophy now for less than 12k, very suspicious pricing going on. Will they be 10k soon like 172s ended up being.

course you can, run out models are always dodgey. Nobody wants to buy them when the new shape is coming out. I would wait 6 months and get one for about 9k

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Quote: Originally posted by EVOgone on 11 July 2005

172 - with H&R

182 - Cup packs

182 - Trophy

Anyone ? Think a cup on H&R will be just as good as the trophy.

Unfortunately M5 no longer around:(, but the clio on the right road just as much fun and a lot cheaper to run... but the trophy very tempting - where can I get one for 12k ?

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by crafty on 12 July 2005
Unfortunately M5 no longer around:(, but the clio on the right road just as much fun and a lot cheaper to run... but the trophy very tempting - where can I get one for 12k ?

Thats how much they are on Friends and Family, I reckon the dealer Tooboy got his from did a cheeky one to get the sale. No way do they discount them down that much, they wouldnt make any profit otherwise.

Quote: Originally posted by EVOgone on 12 July 2005
Quote: Originally posted by EVOgone on 11 July 2005What is better in which order and why ?172 - with Koni / Eibachs 172 - with H&R182 - Cup packs182 - TrophyAnyone ? Think a cup on H&R will be just as good as the trophy.[/QUOTE]

No-one here has driven all those variations so No-one is in a position to comment on which would be best. Anyone who does is merely speculating.

Ive been offered a deal on a trophy where i give back my cup (3 months old and 2000 miles) +£3,500 - what do u think ? or does anyone know where I can get a better deal ?

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 12 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by EVOgone on 12 July 2005

Quote: Originally posted by EVOgone on 11 July 2005

172 - with H&R

182 - Cup packs

182 - Trophy

Anyone ? Think a cup on H&R will be just as good as the trophy.

No-one here has driven all those variations so No-one is in a position to comment on which would be best. Anyone who does is merely speculating.
Maybe not driven all but some people have driven 2/3 different options... Opinions please.

ive driven my mk2 172 with H&Rs and it was a better drive than my 182 with cup packs. THat said the 182 with cup packs was alot better drive than my 172 was as standard.